• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lime Green ribbons/paint swatches

staylor

DIS Veteran
I recently saw the lime green paint swatches at Home Depot. What's the best way to wear them? Do you Laminate them?
Thx
Staci

I've found that staples are very effective - they sting a little, but boy do they stay on! :jester: :rolleyes: :jester:

People make buttons out of them, laminate them, pin them on. The only limit is your imagination (and your budget!)

We are hoping to take our "alien green"/lime green Mickey heads to Kinkos to have laminated into luggage tags. I can't wait to see if there are any sitings this time. We looked last year, but we came up empty. Mickey

DrTomorrow, you are hillarious. For a second I was trying to picture this!

mickeysaver, luggage tags is a great idea. I might do that

I'm going to go get some this week. I'm sure DH won't wear one, but I will. Hope to see some fellow DISer's.
staci

I bought one of the picture frame keychains, (the kind you can slide your own picture into,) and put the Mickey head paint sample in there. I did have to tape the edges so it didn't fall out, but it worked fine, and I was able to attach it to my waist pack or backpack.

I glued two of them together, cut out around them (leaving a little bit between the ears) and used a hole punch to make a hole. Will put them on a ring and attach them to whatever -- luggage, waist pack, hat, etc.

Gosh I'm glad y'all reminded me of those little lime heads.I gotta dig mine out that I got this summer and get them laminated.I only have 18 days until we leave!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm still wondering if Home Depot is wondering why their lime green paint samples are so popular but NOT the cans of paint!!:confused: :confused:

Dr.Tomorrow...:p LOL!!

I also put two together and laminated them then punched a hole, for use as ID tags for luggage, fanny pack, etc. I hadn't thought about making a pin, though. That would be cool! I guess it's back to Home Depot for me! I always feel guilty just grabbing the lime green Mickeys so I stand there staring at the paint chips like I'm looking for something I'm actually going to buy - LOL. And I also got the idea from the scrapbook board that the other colors of Mickey heads would be cool in a scrapbook...heh heh...and I got my daughters' favorite colors to make their fanny pack IDs with :) so I came home with tons of Mickey heads...and some nice chips of neutral greens and taupes for our den! LOL!!

Laurie :)

I think I am going to try to reminder the lime green this trip. Since we will be there over Halloween, I know there will be a lot of Disers around.

My DH got about 30 of them for me, and last week, I picked up some more!;) Thanks for the ideas, as I have some Laminate sheets here at home!;)

Darn...I grabbed a bunch of "Sonic Boom" green Mickeys. I guess it's back to Home Depot I go for "Alien Green" ones. :)

:confused: :confused: Can somebody fill me in on the lime green paint samples?

What? I've seen the samples @ HD
How?
Why?

We'll be there in 5 days and I'd like to show that I represent the DIS!;)

Dis'ers are using the color lime green to identify each other at the parks. When the Mickey Head paint samples came out, that became another way of showing Dis support.

You can use them in a variety of ways as you can see by the posts on this thread. My DD & I made pins out of smaller versions of the sample and lanyard cards to go on our pin lanyard. We put our Dis user name on them. We laminated the pins and the lanyard cards with the business card self-laminating packs from Wal-Mart.

Disneylisa: We used both Sonic Boom & Alien Green for our pins & lanyard cards. DD liked the Alien Green & I liked the Sonic Boom and since they are very close in color and really two similar shades of Lime Green either color is fine.

To make a smaller version of the Mickey Head, I found a small paint swatch close to Sonic Boom & Alien Green. Use Quarters for the Ears and a Fifty Cent piece for the head. It worked out great for the pin, still a Mickey Head but not quite as large as the paint swatch.

Have fun thinking up other ideas for them.

Originally posted by Maridw
Disneylisa: We used both Sonic Boom & Alien Green for our pins & lanyard cards. DD liked the Alien Green & I liked the Sonic Boom and since they are very close in color and really two similar shades of Lime Green either color is fine.
Thanks for letting me know...I have a "whole bunch" ;) of the Sonic Boom ones so I'll just use them then. They're very difficult to get here so I wasn't looking forward to heading back to Home Depot to find some more. :)

Here is some information I posted in a thread a while ago. I made DIS pins:

I wanted to share my DIS pin idea with everyone. I got the alien green Mickey ears from Home Depot (free). I gently peeled the ears away from the paper. Then went to Michael's (craft store) and purchased Kelly's 3 1/2"Reusable Fun Buttons ($1.49 each) and one sheet of vine black decorative paper ($0.59). I cut black circles to fit inside the pin, glued the Mickey ears on top and inserted them inside the clear pin case. I made my own DIS pins and they look great!!

Annmarie

I'm another one who chose Sonic Boom over Alien Green. Both are "lime green" but I liked the Sonic color better :) Don't make a special trip to switch! A special trip to Michael's for those buttons sounds fun, though ;)

Laurie :)

I will be wearing mine when I go this June.

I made mine into Luggage Tags! I got the Laminate Luggage tag kit from Office Depot. Cut the excess paper around the swatch away, and Voila'!;) My DH cuts a LOT better than ME!;) See you all in Nov.!;)

I made mine into Luggage Tags! I got the Laminate Luggage tag kit from Office Depot. Cut the excess paper around two swatches away, and Voila'!;) My DH cuts a LOT better than ME!;) See you all in Nov.!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter