Lime Green Mickey Heads!!!

For those in the crowd who do papercrafts (scrapbooking, card making, etc.), did you know there's a gigantic Mickey Head punch? It's about the size of the LGMHPC, so I've decided to give up my life of crime and make my own LGMHs. The guilt was just too much for me. :angel: :rotfl:

I don't have a laminator, what's the best way to fake laminate it to protect it?
You can buy self-laminating products at an office supply store. I think people use them for laminating photos for a wallet or maybe business cards or something, but they come in a small package and are large enough to cover the whole thing.

But I wanted real laminating, so I went to Kinkos. I think it cost around $1, which might actually be cheaper than the do-it-yourself product. :confused3

I live in the middle of no where, so I don't have a Kinko's but the office supply place has a laminator, I'll check out both ways. TAB

I got the Mickey head punch a while ago. I plan on making Mickey head flags for my Epcot pages.

For laminating, If you have any of the Xyron machines (250-500? or larger) you can get a laminating insert for it. That is what I used for my last trip!

Mine haven't been noticed (my face has, though!) but I haven't needed to laminate them. I did punch holes in them, then I used double-sided tape from Creative Memories to put two LGMHs together, then did the same with two yellow ones (there was discussion on sunshinerewards' forum that we should show our colors, too, LOL) and then strung them on the plastic luggage tag loopy thing, and that's what is hanging from my purse straps.

But as I said, I don't go around looking at people's hip levels, so why would I expect others to?

Oh waitta minute, they were noticed, by a couple that used to post on the Dis but don't anymore. Can't remember their names, but they DID notice it. :)

Instead of laminating you could always use clear contact paper...Just an idea. Then it would be safe on water rides and in the rain.

I made a luggage tag for my MIL and I have a tag for our backpack with my user name. Last Spring Break we had a fellow DISer talk to us in DCA. It was cool just to say "hi". Don't give up on finding another DISer. Maybe we could start a thread about who can find the LGMs. (Sorry Albort! :lmao: )

I think that is a great idea!! I'd say the odds of finding a DISer are alot higher than trying to find Albort...Sorry Albort! At least you get to encounter some of the great people who are on this chatroom. I'll definitely be looking for LGM's when I go there in Feb/09. It's something fun you can do while that you are there that makes the trip enjoyable.:thumbsup2

I got my Alien Green mickey heads laminated and put my username on them. It's attached to my baggalini, so maybe I'll get spotted that way! Although I'm not sure if I want someone coming up behind me and starting to talk to me, might freak me out! lmao!

I've been walking around with a pocketful of LGMPCHs for days, lol. Our HD has no shortage, but there probably aren't a ton of DISers around here....

Lol, I did the same thing for several weeks until someone said they had laminated theirs. So, that's what I did, and I made it into a key chain.

So now I'm considering getting face paint and putting a LGMH on my cheek when next I go. :rotfl:

Molly: maybe the face painting should be something we do for Ladies Only trip--we could make a stencil and it should be pretty easy to do it with that?

I put together a couple of LGMH with our usernames (CupidsKiss and Got_Ron), laminated and tied ribbons to attach to satchel. Watch for us next week!::yes::

Can anyone explain why it is that when I'm at home, I have a hard time logging in, and when I open threads to read sometimes only one or two posts show instead of one or two pages, and I can't see some of my own posts like they're not here at all? I'm mostly confused because it works just fine at work :lmao:

In October, I made a LGMH out of lime green cardstock, put my DIS name on it, laminated it and wore it on my lanyard. While I was waiting in line for Peter Pan, a fellow DISer noticed it. She was a moderator for the Community Board. Unfortunately, nobody else noticed it the rest of the time we were there. I can't wait to wear it again in WDW in March and see if anybody notices it.

It was Friday Dec. 21st. It was our last day there, and we had a bit of a rough morning, my husband in the ER for his ear infection. I took the kids to the park by myself, and we missed our "Discover the Magic Tour", so I had cried in frustration and the nice CM spent some time talking with my boys and telling them about the real magic, etc. In the end, he gave us "special parade viewing" at the train station for the 3:00 parade. By then my husband had joined us, and we were sitting on the bench waiting for the parade. Some folks came up and asked us how we had gotten to sit there, and of course, I replied, "Well, you just have a really bad day, and then wa la, you have special parade seats." My hubby was all embarrassed, which I further compounded by taking a picture of him and the boys sitting in our special spots. A bit later, I saw that those folks had gotten permission for their "elder" half of the party to sit on the benches by us. The rest of the party stood close by watching the parade from the platform while standing. I was looking over there, and noticed the lime green mickey's on her backpack.

So I would have had to work my way through the crowd, and further embarrassed my hubby, so I let it go. But it was fun to spot one!

So if that was you, and you are reading this message...Hello fello Dis'er!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter