Lily's Wish Tripping (and Mama's PTR!) WDW/GKTW 2/6/11-2/12/11 UPDATED with new pics

Heya folks,
Just checking in to let you know we are all ok....sorry I have been so quiet....I went back to school last week and have been doing a lot of campaigning for Jacob's Cure. I am going to update more and get caught up on all my subbed threads after everyone goes to sleep tonight. Hope every one is well!

Hollie

I hope school is going well. I can't believe you trip is so close. You must be so excited!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: We are getting close too... 32 days!!! :yay::yay:

Yay! Finally got some time to sit down! I have to start packing today, since I will be packing for 3 people but my husband is on his own! :lmao:

So we are getting all kinds of excited here! Got our packet from GKTW Saturday....our wish granters are coming out Thursday to give us our "stuff" as the one wish granter called it (hey it's cool! I LOVE stuff! :thumbsup2 lol). I got the t-shirts done but I am horrible with surprises so everyone has now seen them, except for Drache but that is just because he hasn't been up yet.

Still to do
Make state line surprise bag* (see below)
Pack
Print out cast member appreciation cards
Print out princess lunch rez
Print out loose schedule
Pull out hair
Make sure there is enough food for all our various critters and litter, etc, etc
Yell at husband
Print out directions in case something happens to GPS
Pace
Pack bags to keep in car
Shop for foods for drive
Lose mind

Yup I think that covers it! :scared1:

Ok state line surprise bags........this started when CJ was just 3. My mom moved to Fl so we drove there a lot. What i started doing was making bag with little toys in them to give to CJ every time we cross any state lines. This trip I will need to make a total of 18 bags! Luckily I have always just made them with stuff from dollar stores so it won't be too costly but wow that is the most I have ever made for a trip.

Oh and I will post pics of the t-shirts very soon!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Hollie

I was wondering about you all earlier... glad you are just busy with getting ready and not because Lily was having any more problems ;) Sounds like a really good list to me... especially the "yell at husband" part! Those state line bags sound like a cool idea. Can't wait to see the shirts!

Love the shirt designs, so cute! Sorry I can't offer any advice on the iron-ons; after two sets of iron-ons that didn't survive the wash (thank goodness we didn't wash them until after the trip!) I decided that was a sign that I should just stick to sewing my girls' Disney outfits.

It's funny you should mention that. To play it safe I am not washing them until after our trip! :thumbsup2

Hey I just got back from visiting your blog and voting for the Pepsi grant. Your story is so touching. I am sorry for all you have gone through.

I hope the funding will come through and give more hope to those special kids.

(((Hugs))), :hug:

Madeline

Thank you for voting! :hug:

Well they are back from the hospital.....Lily is her usual happy self. They upped her dose of keppra so hopefully this does the trick. Time to sleep a bit.

My wife was on Keppra when we wanted to have another baby (my DD). She had the hardest time sleeping on that medication. As soon as the pregnancy was over, she was happy to get back on Phenobarbital. Does Lily sleep OK on Keppra? Is Phenobarbital a viable option?

Also, how did the shirts turn out? Pics? :)

love the list
I can't believe your dh will pack for himself. My will pull out stuff but asks me about everything before he puts it in the bag, it is just easier for me to do it :lmao:

I was wondering about you all earlier... glad you are just busy with getting ready and not because Lily was having any more problems ;) Sounds like a really good list to me... especially the "yell at husband" part! Those state line bags sound like a cool idea. Can't wait to see the shirts!

Thank you! Yes the yell at the husband part is my husband's least favorite but it's one of my most favorite! lol :lmao:

The state line surprise bags are always a big hit with the kids. I keep telling myself that i am going to theme them with some kind of learning curve like putting in things pertaining to the state we are crossing into but by the time I get around to making them I am out of time for that kind of work! So they just end up with candy and little cheapy toys for the dollar store but it's enough to keep them busy for the drive.:thumbsup2

My wife was on Keppra when we wanted to have another baby (my DD). She had the hardest time sleeping on that medication. As soon as the pregnancy was over, she was happy to get back on Phenobarbital. Does Lily sleep OK on Keppra? Is Phenobarbital a viable option?

Also, how did the shirts turn out? Pics? :)

Yup, Lily sleeps just fine on Keppra...which I was really glad about. I worried a great deal when she first went on it because of the reports of possible nasty side effects but she did just fine.

The shirts turned out awesome! Thank you so much or recommending Amy Mickey for the iron on transfers! They were so easy to use and they look so good! Pics coming soon!

love the list
I can't believe your dh will pack for himself. My will pull out stuff but asks me about everything before he puts it in the bag, it is just easier for me to do it :lmao:
Ok 1st that pic in your sig line is gorgeous!!!! That's a heart melting pic for sure!

Yup DH has no choice...if he doesn't pack he will go to Disney nekkid and I can promise you no one wants that!! :rotfl2:

Our wish granters were out on Thursday to bring us our stuff.
They brought Lily 6 balloons, an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, A Make-A-Wish Barbie, A make-a-wish t-shirt, a disney princess cup that is super cool, and this really cool laminated time line. For CJ they brought the card game crazy 8's and connect 4 for him and Drache to play in the car, for me and DH we got a DVD all about Disney World, A Disney Travel Guide, and a Disney Wish CD. We all got Make-a wish luggage tags and buttons. We also got a folder full of info, a really cute personalize booklet with info about GKTW and Disney and of ourse the super generous, my eyes popped out of my head expense check. WOW! It was awesome and yes I have pics, not of everything though. So I am going to finish taking the pics tomorrow and by the weekends end I will have them in the thread plus pics of the t-shirts.

Also Lily and CJ both received their postcards from Lindababe, which they loved! CJ is trying to figure out who sent them....hehe...he keeps saying Mom I know it was you. I tell him look at the postmark......it's from CA. He says well you sent it there they postmarked it and sent it back. :rotfl2: Funny kid!

So Lily is packed, I'm working of getting myself and CJ packed. Directions have been printed, hair has been pulled out, pacing has commenced, character rez has been printed....um still have lots to do AND I have two tests before i leave. Yippie for that but hey at least I get then over with before we go and won't have to worry about it.

Now I must workout because i found that my shorts apparently shrunk in the attic! Yeah, that's totally what happen! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:
They fit but not very comfortably so gotta knock off a few pounds within the next week. oh joy!

Hollie

Only seven days left!!!! :woohoo::yay::dance3::yay::woohoo:

That is awesome and your meeting with the Wish Granter's sounds like it was LOADS of fun and you got some truly wonderful presents. I am SOOOO happy :banana: for you all and excited to see the photos if/when you have time! Glad you noticed the shorts shrank :rotfl: BEFORE you left...I hear there is ice cream for breakfast and pizza at night right to your door, along with lots of other yummy stuff and you want to be able to enjoy it all...there will be NO worrying about snug shorts on wish trips...it can't be allowed! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great time with your MAW granters. I hope you have safe travels and a magical trip. Maybe we will see you on our day that overlaps. :cool1:

Hi all,
Why does mother nature hate me? No really? I realize that mother nature and Jack Frost are on a mission to make me unhappy. So far so good.

All week it had been saying sunny and beautiful our whole drive down on Sat......now I pull up the hourly forecast in W.V. find the time that we should be driving thru and yes, rain/snow mix! Groovy! In the mountains no less! So we are either going to have to leave early, leave late, or take an alternative route that will add 4 hours on to the drive. Not sure what we are doing yet. And of course I'm going to keep an eye on the forecast and hope that is changes but I bet it won't.

And, and, and!! Lily woke up two days ago with a stuffy nose and a sore throat! Now her throat is better but he nose is still stuffed and illness lowers the threshold on seizures, so now I am nervous. GGGGGRRRRRRR

Can you tell I am stressed? I think tonight will be time to take care of the "yell at husband" part of my list! lol kidding, kidding.

Ok now that I got that off my chest we are all very excited to be going! We were planning on leaving Friday night/Saturday morning at 3am. Drive down to my mom's by Hilton Head, Sc, stay there over night then get up the next morning and leave for GKTW.

Why 3 am you may ask? Well I want the kids to sleep part of the way but Lily has only ever had a seizure at night within 45 mins to an hour and a half after she goes to sleep. She has never had a seizure when she has woke up in the middle of the night then gone back to sleep. So if we leave at 3am that puts us well past the danger zone and put us at my mom's around 3pmish, so then we would have time to relax, hang out with the family before bed. But mother nature doesn't want me to have my way! And yes I would love some cheese with my whine!!lol

Ok see the next two post for pics from the stuff the wish givers brought and then the t-shirts! :banana:

Ok here are some pics of the stuff the wish granters brought to us.

First up the banner they made. It's so cute! It's going up on Lily's wall!

banner.jpg

banner1.jpg

banner2.jpg

banner3.jpg

Isn't it awesome?! I love it!

Ok next up the cake and the balloon!

cake.jpg

ballon.jpg

Next up Barbie and Backpack

barbie.jpg

backpack-1.jpg

Ok now see next post for the T-shirts I made!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter