Lilo's Playhouse Children's Activity Center

Metalliman98

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used this? If so, how did your kids like it, and did you feel it was worth it? It looks like it is $55 and starts at 4:30 and goes until.......? It doesn't say, though they do mention snacks at 10 pm. We are considering using it during our trip for DS 5 to give us a "date night".

We have used it 3 times now, most recently in March with the new set price instead of hourly rate. I don't know about the snack at 10pm. We might have picked up DS by then or he may have fallen asleep. We and DS love it. He always has a good time, and they feed him. He went at ages 6, 9, and 10, so I think it fits a variety of ages. He wanted to go there over having a sitter at the hotel. It definitely felt worth it, and it's so nice to have relaxing adult time at WDW.

We have used it 3 times now, most recently in March with the new set price instead of hourly rate. I don't know about the snack at 10pm. We might have picked up DS by then or he may have fallen asleep. We and DS love it. He always has a good time, and they feed him. He went at ages 6, 9, and 10, so I think it fits a variety of ages. He wanted to go there over having a sitter at the hotel. It definitely felt worth it, and it's so nice to have relaxing adult time at WDW.

Thanks for the info! Did you have to book it right at 180?

Thanks for the info! Did you have to book it right at 180?

I tried but couldn't. They were switching from the old hourly format to the new one and were holding off reservations. I don't think you need to do it at 180 days though. I don't think I did it at 180 days in the past, but I might have. However, once you have made your date night ADR, I would go ahead and do it. Plus, if you change your mind, you can always cancel. I would hate to miss a date night, because I couldn't get my child in:(

I tried but couldn't. They were switching from the old hourly format to the new one and were holding off reservations. I don't think you need to do it at 180 days though. I don't think I did it at 180 days in the past, but I might have. However, once you have made your date night ADR, I would go ahead and do it. Plus, if you change your mind, you can always cancel. I would hate to miss a date night, because I couldn't get my child in:(

True. We're going for date night, as well as to be able to have a fancier/more adventuresome meal. DS has a peanut allergy, and we were interested in 'Ohana, but that seems like a waste of a date night, so we might try something a little fancier on the monorail loop. The website says they can accommodate dietary restrictions.......I wonder if they'd be willing to have, and if necessary use, an epi pen though. I'm thinking not, but it seems like Disney is full of surprises, and it won't hurt to ask.

True. We're going for date night, as well as to be able to have a fancier/more adventuresome meal. DS has a peanut allergy, and we were interested in 'Ohana, but that seems like a waste of a date night, so we might try something a little fancier on the monorail loop. The website says they can accommodate dietary restrictions.......I wonder if they'd be willing to have, and if necessary use, an epi pen though. I'm thinking not, but it seems like Disney is full of surprises, and it won't hurt to ask.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about that. I would just call and ask. Disney is pretty accommodating for food allergies.

We actually have never eaten at Poly when DS has stayed at Lilo's. We dropped him off about 4:30 and did do Trader Sam's in March but then headed to Disney Springs for Morimoto. GF is a good place to go, because you are just a quick monorail trip or a romantic nighttime beach walk away from Poly. I guess you might want to stay on the sidewalk though in case of gators. It's still a nice walk. You could also do Contemporary. Epcot wouldn't be bad, since it's on the monorail too. You can walk from the TTC to Poly easily. Lilo's has just been convenient, because we were either staying at the Poly or eating nearby.

we are using it for the first time at the end of August. I just called the other day to the make the reservation. We are staying at the Poly. We are hoping to make it over to Epcot to walk around as our date night.

My DS has been to both Lilo's Playhouse and the Sandcastle Club and loves them both! When you drop your child off, there are a variety of forms to fill out including a form to choose their dinner, beverage and snack, plus a form for any medical, allergy or disability needs. My DS is allergic to some medications, so I always fill out that form. I think they will be able to accomodate you.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this is exactly what I was asking/wondering for our August trip.:)

Our anniversary falls while we will be at Disney this year and hubby and I would love to have a date night sans children. Metalliman98 did you send your peanut allergic child and if so how did it go?

Yes. We just got back from our trip. Lilo's accommodated our son's needs without any trouble. They knew he had the allergy (we told the operator when we made the reservation) and accepted our epi-pens. They would not take the Benadryl as they said they could not administer it, but in the event of a reaction they said the paramedics would have some and be able to administer as necessary. They had us fill out medical forms indicating medication and signs of a reaction, and they outfitted him with a paper bracelet indicating his allergy. They also put us on the phone with the chef to discuss the food the kids would be served and answer our questions. For the baking activity, they were able to give us the ingredients they would be using, and we knew that the chocolate chips (Ghirardelli) would not be safe, so we requested that our son not use those during the activity. They were also able to provide him with an allergy friendly cookie.

So to sum up, it was a great experience. Our son had a blast, we had a worry-free date night at Artist Pointe, and the staff at Lilo's was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter