• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liki Tiki resort

dolphindan1

What is a Tag?<br><font color=blue>dang no TAG
Has anyone stayed here before?

If so what was your opinion?

We found a great rate for a 2 bed/ 2 bath room for mid december. It beats anything I have found by at least 200 bucks.

I have read all the reviews on different sites and they are on each end of the spectrum good and bad. Also from what I read is to demand a newer room.

I just wanted to get the experts opinions from here.

I toured this resort a few years ago. It wasn't bad but, or course, they always show the nicest rooms to prospective buyers. It has a tropical theme. It's off Hwy 192 and there's a new highway 429 (toll road) just up the road that bypasses the heavy traffic on 192 and brings you right on Disney property one or two exits up in no time at all. You will definitely need a car as their transporatation to the parks is spotty at best and it's a good distance from parks to have to take a taxi.

One place I've found that gives fairly accurate reviews/pictures from travelers is tripadvisor.com . Just type in Liki Tiki in the search box then click on reviews. I've found that these reviews are quite accurate.

As an example, I stayed at Westgate Lakes last year and got a terrific deal. So good I couldn't possibly pass it up. I checked the reviews. They were all over the place between good and bad, but at the price I was paying I was willing to chance it. Turns out, every single unsavory thing mentioned, happened to us. From elevators breaking down and being on a high floor, to huge roaches in room (I'm from Fla. They were not palmetto bugs!), broken diswasher, rude staff, tour that went on for 4 hours, having to switch units, etc. On top of that the pool was so nasty the water had a yellow hue to it and my 6 yr old son picked up an anti-biotic resistant strain of bacteria while there and was sick for the next 5 months. If not for the fact my son got so sick, the whole situation would have been comical. Afterall, I had been warned and do knows Murphy's Law. :rolleyes:

Hope the reviews help you.

Liz

We stayed there a few years ago and it was ok. We were in building 700 which overlooked the lawn and pond. We had a 3 bedroom unit which was really a one bedroom with a connecting door to the two bedroom unit which suited us just fine because there were two families and we each got a kitchen and living room. Everything was clean, done in tropical colors, (could stand redecorating) but no complaints. The waterpark was good for kids. There was another pool that we used also because it was warmer. I have read that you should ask for the 1000 and up buildings as they are newer. No complaints. There's a new Publix about a minute from there and a Super Walmart about 3 minutes away. It would take 10 minutes or so to Disney using 429 or Sherberth Rd.

I've never stayed there, but my sister has and really likes it. A friend just came back from there and she said it was nice, too. They both really like the water park and pools.

Terri

My dh and I went to Liki Tiki on November 17 and stayed till the 25...

We were in 1200 building and we were surprised about the place itself.. After reading all the mixed reviews I was happy with the Liki Tiki...

We had a one bedroom condo.. Top floor (by the way we could see the fireworks from the balcony) It had a bathroom, kitchen (everything you needed in a kitchen to make dinner, lunch and or breakfast even cocktails.

It had a living room / dining room combo which was perfect for dh and I..

We even enjoyed the lagoon... and shipwreck sallys.. We didnt care for the way they play bingo there 1.00 per card / game we got phone calls but only to tell us what was going on that day.. Not once asked about timeshare or the tour...

We thought the complimentary breakfast was good... The other pools we OK but we liked the lagoon area better...

The lake there was somewhat dirty- I hope they clean it out ....

One morning we saw the turtle by the lake which was kinda cool..

We really enjoyed it...

We stayed here last year and loved it so much we are staying again this year. :) My DS (3yrs then) loved the waterpark and was happy hanging out there all day. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in the 1200 building because after reading reviews I requested something in 1100, 1200 or 1300. It was a beautiful room and was just across the parking lot from the waterpark. I requested a room in one of these buildings again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter