Liki Tike resort Kissimmee

henrydog

Mouseketeer
Hi

Anybody any reviews for this hotel, what is nearby etc. have only stayed on I-drive previously so don't know this area very well.
is it very far from the main parks ?

Many thanks

We stayed there last year, it was fantastic!! the hotel was excellent, though the location was a bit out of the way. It was right at the end of the 192 but withy having a car this was no problem at all.

I have to go in a meeting now but feel free to post any questions and I'll answer them when i get back!! Trust me Henrydog you will love it!!

henrydog said:
Hi

Anybody any reviews for this hotel, what is nearby etc. have only stayed on I-drive previously so don't know this area very well.

Many thanks

I am not sure about the hotel, but presuming it is on or close to the 192 in Kissimmee, you will have good easy access to Disney and the I4 for Universal.

There are also plenty of supermarkets and restaurants within easy reach.
Personally I much prefer the 192 to I-drive.

thanks for the prompt replies everybody.

we are looking at booking for next october through travel city, 2 adults & 2 14 year old girls, so wanted somewhere quite lively where the girls (our daughter & her friend) would not get bored when we are not in the parks.
considered quality suites near I-Drive at first because we wanted 2 rooms and they advertised free cooked breakfast but this place does look good & the overall package would be nearly £200 cheaper here as well.

Kerry, does the 1 bedroom apartments have 2 separate rooms for sleeping & is there any kind of free breakfast provided ?
and any approx prices for eating/drinking in the resort if you can remember.

Thanks again

henrydog said:
thanks for the prompt replies everybody.

we are looking at booking for next october through travel city, 2 adults & 2 14 year old girls, so wanted somewhere quite lively where the girls (our daughter & her friend) would not get bored when we are not in the parks.
considered quality suites near I-Drive at first because we wanted 2 rooms and they advertised free cooked breakfast but this place does look good & the overall package would be nearly £200 cheaper here as well.

Kerry, does the 1 bedroom apartments have 2 separate rooms for sleeping & is there any kind of free breakfast provided ?
and any approx prices for eating/drinking in the resort if you can remember.

Thanks again

The girls will love it, it has a small waterpark with slides and waterfalls etc and a full programme of entertainment all day. There wasn't free breakfast when we were there but it could be something new.

The one bedroomed apt had a living room with a double sofa bed, a full kitchen and then a separate bedroom with double bed. The bathroom is a good size with access from both the bedroom and lounge (so make sure you lock both doors!!)

We never ate at the hotel but laods of places not far, there is a 7-11 right next door, Pizza Hut and Subway not far and a Cracker Barrell very close, then of course all the 192 is accessible by car.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, rooms immaculate. I would definitely go back. The only reason we aren't there this year is we are planning to spend a lot of time shopping and at Universal, and last year we spent a lot of time drivign from the hotel to Universal. If you do book just a word of warning, there is a door in the lounge and when you open it you are faced with the same door of the next room (i expect if people book adjoining rooms) so just make sure you keep it locked or your neighbours can get in!! The walls are quite thin too, we were next to a noisy baby, we had to keep turning the TV up to drown him out!!! But all in all excellent!!

henrydog said:
Hi

Many thanks

Hi, we stayed at the liki tiki this October and enjoyed our stay, the one bed apartment was spacious and full of mod cons ...dishwasher, washing machine,tumble dryer (which I thought I would never use ,but found very handy while we were there),coffee maker,massive fridge/freezer, spa bath...The resort is about 7 miles from disney, dead easy to find ..loads of places to eat on the way...dennys pizza hut, etc...walmart is about 3 miles in the opposite directions.
the downside of our stay was the very thin walls as mentioned in a previous thread, the turn over of guests in the room next to us was very high....I think we had every nationality...how did we know...we could hear the conversations, and people arriving at all hours....also surprisingly the pool wasnt heated while we were there, IT WAS FREEZING...which was a BIG disapointment as it looked great. Would we stay there again...proberly not...I think its a detached villa with heated pool next time

We just returned from staying at Liki Tiki Nov12-19th. It is nice but we found it quite a bit out of the way. The restaurant / shopping on 192 is kind of spread out and just looks a little "under-developed". This may very well change by next October.

We stayed in the newest building - the 1200 building - which was wonderfully furnished - even a big screen plasma tv. Ours was a 2 bdrm. The one bedroom has a bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room (we toured it during our time-share presentation) The waterslide pool was heated and busy and fun. There are 3 pools altogether - one was being re-furbished. There was a free continental breakfast of coffee/juice and bagels or donuts.

There was really nothing to complain about at this resort other than I just found it a little too far out of the way. Enjoy your holiday!

We loved it when we went in 2003...check my trip report for details. We liked that it was away from the crowds and Disney and we didn't any traffic but then again we were at the parks at open.

Advice stay in the 1000+ buildings. If you're picky you will not liket he little townhouse bungalos. You want to get into one of the apartments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter