Likely Best Discount?

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
I am charged with the wonderful task of planning a trip for June 2013 for two families - one family is just my husband and me, the other family is two adults and two children under 9. We will need two rooms. I am trying to figure out which ROOM ONLY discount will most likely be the best one for us...we haven't picked a resort yet but will do moderate or deluxe. I know this is all speculation since a) there's never a guarantee of a bounceback offer and b) no one knows the exact general public discount for 6/13 yet. So, what do you think, based on previous experience will be my best discount -

1. Bounceback offer (I'm spending 2 days in WDW in a couple of weeks and could potentially book then if a good offer is on the table...no pun intended!)

2. AP discount (if I renew...the discount would have to be pretty substantial since I intend on only spending 8 days in WDW within the next 365 days)

3. General public discount

4. If renting DVC points and staying in a villa would be significantly cheaper than any of these, I'm willing to go that route as well, but this isn't as attractive since it's generally non-refundable, and has to be paid in full, up front.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I've seen Bounceback offers of 40% which would definitely be great.
The AP discounts are good. I'd look at Undercover Tourist for ticket rices to see what an 8 day ticket costs before renewing my AP.
The general public discounts have been pretty good too.
My advice is if there's a great bounceback offer at your resort, book it!

Not sure whether you are willing to consider this, but often Swan and Dolphin offers a "add a room" deal (which is even lower than whatever discount they are offering) and you can combine it with other discounts. As an example, I could get the teacher discount rate on the first room and the "add a room" rate on the second room. This makes it much cheaper than a deluxe with a discount and often cheaper than a mod.

Not sure whether you are willing to consider this, but often Swan and Dolphin offers a "add a room" deal (which is even lower than whatever discount they are offering) and you can combine it with other discounts. As an example, I could get the teacher discount rate on the first room and the "add a room" rate on the second room. This makes it much cheaper than a deluxe with a discount and often cheaper than a mod.

That's actually an option I hadn't thought of...and I am a teacher so I'd be eligible for the discount. I will have to look into it...the only thing I hate is lack of Magical Express, but I'll still consider it. Thanks!

DizneyLizzy said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by haPevraftr

That's actually an option I hadn't thought of...and I am a teacher so I'd be eligible for the discount. I will have to look into it...the only thing I hate is lack of Magical Express, but I'll still consider it. Thanks!

Only thing to keep in mind is you can ALWAYS cancel your Bounceback offer within the appropriate timeframe and not incur any penalities BUT once you leave you can't get the BB offer back again... So if you think there is ANY chance you might want it, I'd book the BB and then worry about cancelling it later if I found a better deal. But that's just me.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I'd book the BB. If something better comes out, you can always switch.

Last Jan we got a 35% BB offer and booked AKL for August. GP discounts when they came out were lower, and although AP was also 35% weekends were rack rate :scared1: so the BB was def. the best deal for us, as it included discounts for the entire stay. That was the first time I ever saw weekends excluded from AP discount, and we've had APs a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter