• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Likelihood of getting studio/MK area

chefmb

DIS Veteran
Hi. I hope this is the right place to post this question. I am considering renting DVC points for the first time. What is the likelihood of being able to get a studio (cheapest view too!) at BLT or WL for either Nov. 28-Dec. 5, Dec 5-12, or Dec. 12-19?? We're staying at BWV studio in a few weeks (cash ressie through Orbitz) and I was hoping to wait to see what we thought of the villa before making the decision, but it seems like the longer we wait, the less chance we'd have. Just trying to see if it's too late to really even consider for this year. Thanks for any info. It's just my DH and me traveling.

Likely no chance for Nov 28-Dec 12. Those are DVC's highest and third highest demand weeks of the year for which near park rersorts usually disappear shortly after 11 months out. Some chance but still less than 50% for Dec 12-19, a busy DVC demand week but the lowest demand week (at least starting with Dec 15) in Dec (DVC's highest demand month). Also note that if you wait "a few weeks" before trying to reserve, your chances will likely diminish significantly.

Last edited:
Likely no chance for Nov 28-Dec 12. Those are DVC's highest and third highest demand weeks of the year for which near park rersorts usually disappear shortly after 11 months out. Some chance but still less than 50% for Dec 12-19, a busy DVC demand week but the lowest demand week (at least starting with Dec 15) in Dec (DVC's highest demand month).

Thanks. I was getting that impression from the reading I did. I will plan on booking a bounceback for POR when I'm there in a few weeks, then see if any better offers come out in the next few months. At least I got my DH talking about planning ahead! I'm just thrilled to be already planning another trip!

I don't know about studio but I do know every time I've looked for weeks in December aside from Christmas week as I never look for that week because no interest in going that week, If I look at least 6-7 months out it seems I usually can get a 1 or 2 bedroom.

I don't know about studio but I do know every time I've looked for weeks in December aside from Christmas week as I never look for that week because no interest in going that week, If I look at least 6-7 months out it seems I usually can get a 1 or 2 bedroom.

looking for a 1BR lake view at BLT is very different than looking for a standard view studio at BLT...especially in december.

looking for a 1BR lake view at BLT is very different than looking for a standard view studio at BLT...especially in december.
Yea I realize that, Studios are much harder to get pretty much all times of the year.

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll go with my first plan and book the bounceback when we're there in a couple of weeks. Then we'll see if a better deal is offered. I want to try POR anyway--it's the only mod we haven't tried yet. I'll be happy if I can get that.

Have you ever thought about becoming a DVC member? It seems like you are planning multiple trips

Have you ever thought about becoming a DVC member? It seems like you are planning multiple trips
I've looked into it and it's not for us right now. We don't typically stay deluxe, and I like the "thrill of the chase"--looking for a good deal:) So far, it doesn't make good financial sense for us, but it's always in the back of my mind as a possibility in the future:).

I've looked into it and it's not for us right now. We don't typically stay deluxe, and I like the "thrill of the chase"--looking for a good deal:) So far, it doesn't make good financial sense for us, but it's always in the back of my mind as a possibility in the future:).

Understandable well hopefully we will "welcome you home " soon. Good luck in your search

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter