• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Likelihood of AKV Value Studio Oct 23-Oct 28

Mike&Kris

Mouseketeer
We are interested in booking a value studio at AVK for Oct 23-Oct 28. Being owners at SSR we have to wait until the end of the month for the 7 month window to open. Does anyone have any idea of the likelihood we will be able to get this reservation? Has any AKV owners already been shut out for those days? I know this could be a busy weekend with the Food & Wine and the TOT race, but we were interested in running the race. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There was a thread a couple of days ago stating AKV was completely booked for the remainder of 2008.

If Kidani opens up later in the year and if AKV owners move over to Kidani, then you might have a shot at the 7-month point. I think that timing is everything, though, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

We are interested in booking a value studio at AVK for Oct 23-Oct 28. Being owners at SSR we have to wait until the end of the month for the 7 month window to open. Does anyone have any idea of the likelihood we will be able to get this reservation? Has any AKV owners already been shut out for those days? I know this could be a busy weekend with the Food & Wine and the TOT race, but we were interested in running the race. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Oh, Oh-I already have competition here. I have to wait until the 7 months to try to book a value studio at DAKV from 10/26-10/28. DAKV completely booked already? Rats!

Well, for what its worth, at 4:30 pm today(friday) I made a reservation for Oct 28-Nov 2nd and was told they only had studios and 3 grand villas left. While I was at work I received an email saying that savanah view rooms were also available but were gone by the time I called. I ended up with one of the grand villas. I know its not the dates you are looking for but it may give you an idea of availability. Call, there can always be a cancellation in the near future.

Good Luck!

I was able to get a AK Value studio the day the 7 month widow opened for spring break, so it's not impossible - but I think it's getting harder and harder to make reservations at 7 months.

There was a thread a couple of days ago stating AKV was completely booked for the remainder of 2008.
I cancelled a 9/08 resie, Members are always cancelling for one reason or another. Keep checking with MS periodicaly and you may get lucky. Good luck.

I booked a value studio day by day for the beginning of Oct. I called right at 9am each day and got 3 days - but for the last day MS said I got the last one. So give it a try - but call each day at 9am. If it doesn't work - take whatever resort is available and waitlist for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter