Likelihood of a room upgrade

Ruggerpooh

Earning My Ears
My fiance` and I are doing an escape wedding and Disney honeymoon next month. We booked a theme park view at the Grand Floridian. What are our chances for a free upgrade to club floor when we check in?

My fiance` and I are doing an escape wedding and Disney honeymoon next month. We booked a theme park view at the Grand Floridian. What are our chances for a free upgrade to club floor when we check in?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. As for your question no one hear can give you a statistical idea on such things. Pixie dust is what it is. Honestly I if concierge is important to you I'd book it and pay for it vs hoping for it.

My husband and I had a Disney wedding and spent the next 4 nights at the grand Floridian. We didn't get upgraded, and it was in January so I don't think they were booked up. I was even in my wedding dress when we checked in! We still had a great time, and it was a nice room. Just to let you know what happened to us. :) Maybe ask if they have any upgrades when you check in?

I'd call a day or two before and ask to make a notation on your reservation that it's your honeymoon (even if it's already there—basically, you want the phone agent to know that it's your honeymoon so they'll pass the word along again). The one time I did that is the only time we've ever gotten a free Concierge upgrade (of course, it was also late January, so the hotel was probably not full).

How many nights are you there for? If your only staying a few nights your more likely to be upgraded then if your there for a long period.

We didn't get upgraded on our honeymoon and i've not heard of that many people getting an upgrade.

We were at the Grand for two nights (the night before our wedding and the night of) and were not upgraded. In fact, the lady at the front desk was downright rude when I asked if we could have a king bed and said we didn't pay for one. It was the worst experience of our entire wedding, we were there the second weekend in February (the weekend before President's weekend) and it was not busy.

We will be there for ten days. I'm very happy with the theme park view that we booked. I was just wondering if they had a tendency to upgrade honeymooners.

we had to pay for concierge level upgrade and I'm honestly not sure it was really worth it except i liked staying for the 2 nights in the main building for the only time i will get to in my life.... $$$ was just not really there for the soda coffee and chips dip they put out when we were there for in between meal times. it was pretty and awesome though.

I doubt it on upgrades of anything bc we were in the dress and tux and got lots of verbal congrats but not ONE free button let alone any DOLLAR value things. It was still super magical and great but don't expect it bc it wasn't full and i just checked out on 8/31!

In contrast the AKL was a bummer upon check in bc the people were not nearly as nice or as ingratiating as those at the grand. It was a little sad even though they were still nice. and only after the breakfast mixup in room service today did we get some free delicious chocolate covered strawberries at akl kidani.

Actually i think akl could care less its our honeymoon and we just got married wednesday on property let alone the fact that we are THAT couple that you can hear people talk about in the MK who drove down Main street on wednesday in the carriage. we rarely speak up to say it as us! i almost want to but then they would never let me escape to play in the parks! ha

We used our free nights at the Beach Club, we had 2 free nights from a promotion DFTWs was doing when we booked. We were upgraded to concierge level when we checked in. They were very nice and even grabbed our stuff and took us upstairs to concierge to check in.

I think it really all depends on who is checking you in. This isnt honeymoon related, but when we were in Disney getting engaged we stayed at AKL and they upgraded us to be able to use the club level amenities... our room wasnt club level but they gave us a key to get there.

I wouldn't go in expecting an upgrade, as it has been said before, if you really want concierge, I would pay for the upgrade ahead of time. If you really don't care, then don't.

I have been upgraded from standard view to better views many times, but never to concierge.

We did concierge at AKL for our stay during our vow renewal, for us it was awesome, because we got a discounted FL resident rate and they have free beer, wine and snacks, which is perfect for when you are just relaxing at the resort.

My husband and I had a Disney wedding and spent the next 4 nights at the grand Floridian. We didn't get upgraded, and it was in January so I don't think they were booked up. I was even in my wedding dress when we checked in! We still had a great time, and it was a nice room. Just to let you know what happened to us. :) Maybe ask if they have any upgrades when you check in?

This was the same for us. We checked in at BWI in full wedding attire, but no upgrade. To be honest, I was kind of hoping for one ;), but definitely not expecting it (especially since we were checking in for our free night at the same time.) We had a standard room, but had a nice view facing Epcot, so we could see the higher parts of Illuminations. Maybe that was our version of some extra pixie dust. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter