• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Likelihood of 4th Fastpass Availability at MK at 4pm?

MrsTski

Mouseketeer
We'll be at Magic Kingdom on Sunday, Mar 22nd. Our 3rd Fastpass is currently from 4-5pm. Do you think there will be any availability of a 4th Fastpass at 4pm? Anyone with experience pulling a 4th FP so late in the day? likelihood

Available FP’s will depend on last minute cancellations. I’ve gotten a 6pm 7 dwarfs FP by refreshing at 5pm, and a Splash FP even later than that. Keep refreshing—you might get lucky.
Thanks! When you refresh, do you just keep going back and forth between different times? Like select 5pm and see what loads, then 5:30pm, then back to 5pm, etc?

You can also always try to modify your current fastpasses to get earlier times. As soon as you scan in for one you can try to move up another. This means you might be able to get through your first 3 earlier in the day and have even more time to grab extras. We've always been able to pick up fastpasses well into the evening so keep refreshing (yes, you can just go back and forth between times) and you should find some!

Thanks! When you refresh, do you just keep going back and forth between different times? Like select 5pm and see what loads, then 5:30pm, then back to 5pm, etc?

Yeah, basically. Even if a fast pass for an attraction opens up outside of that window (say at 8pm, for example), it will show up regardless of what time slot you’re searching under.

Also, like Daisie said, modifying is key. Grab the first fast pass you can and then keep refreshing to see if you can either bump it up or grab a better one. Too often I’ve passed up on a fast pass because it wasn’t my first choice, only to end up with no fast passes at all!

No, you won't lose what you have unless you confirm the change...there are a couple steps and it really makes sure you want to do it before it cancels anything haha! It will also hold the passes it shows while you make you selection (meaning others can't book those until you pass on them) but remember that as soon as you refresh you'll lose them. I've definitely refreshed without thinking and passed-up on great options.

Likely you will find SOMETHING available -- especially for smaller parties. With small parties, you can have great success just with frequent refreshing until you get something good. Doesn't work as well with larger parties.

Likely you will find SOMETHING available -- especially for smaller parties. With small parties, you can have great success just with frequent refreshing until you get something good. Doesn't work as well with larger parties.

Yes, it’s worth mentioning that most of my great FP finds have been when I was solo LOL. But I have had some luck with larger parties, too—certainly doesn’t hurt to try.

Yes something will be available. It just depends what that is. We have gotten up to 7 on a given day with sometimes a latter JC or Pirates. I would say you would look at something mid to lower tier.

4:00 will still allow plenty of opportunity to pick up additional FP's though I'd obviously prefer being through the first 3 earlier. I checked just now (after 7PM) and was able to find BTM, Splash, & PP for 3 people. The larger the group the harder it will be.

4:00 will still allow plenty of opportunity to pick up additional FP's though I'd obviously prefer being through the first 3 earlier. I checked just now (after 7PM) and was able to find BTM, Splash, & PP for 3 people. The larger the group the harder it will be.
This is so encouraging! We do have 5 in our family, so that will make it more difficult, but I am more hopeful after talking to all of you! Now hopefully DisneyWorld stays open :)

Last year in March at MK after we used our third FP in the afternoon, we continually got another FP for splash mountain, the first one starting at about 8:00pm. Over and over again we rode that ride. Make the next one as soon as you zap your magicband. We were soaked, laughing, happy, it was by far one of the most memorable parts of the trip.
We are crossing our fingers too that Disney stays open as we leave in 11 days🤞🏻🤞🏻

Also don’t forget that you can scan a FP up to 5 mins before the window starts, so use that to your advantage! And like p44nmun says, as soon as you enter the queue, start looking for another FP.

it really depends what you are looking for. MK has so many rides, we have been able to easily get 10+ FPs even on a Saturday. We could get everything except 7DMT. Sometimes had to do a lot of refreshing to get better times or switch rides. Just be flexible and have fun.
Enjoy.

it really depends what you are looking for. MK has so many rides, we have been able to easily get 10+ FPs even on a Saturday. We could get everything except 7DMT. Sometimes had to do a lot of refreshing to get better times or switch rides. Just be flexible and have fun.
Enjoy.
My 3 FPs are for Big Thunder, Slash Mtn and Space Mtn.... so I'll be looking for FPs like Buzz, Pirates, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, etc.....

My 3 FPs are for Big Thunder, Slash Mtn and Space Mtn.... so I'll be looking for FPs like Buzz, Pirates, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, etc.....

You’re very likely to find a Buzz or Small World FP. Might have to do some refreshing for Mansion and Pirates but definitely doable. Pirates normally has a short wait in the morning, too, in my experience.

I have a family of 5 as well. It's a bit more work, but often not too hard to split into a party of 2 and a party of 3 (or two parties of 2 and a party of 1 for the harder to get rides). A few minutes of refreshing can get the times within an hour of each other so you can all ride together. I do this after first checking for a party of 5, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter