• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Like to share this

gonitts

Mouseketeer
Two weeks ago we were at Disney and specifically on Friday of that week 10/30 at Epcot. After Test Track about noon I wanted to get a t-shirt for myself so we went into Mouse Gear I think the store is called. Up to that point we had been at Disney for 6 days and I haven't bought anything for myself. I have a 6 year old who you can imagine got a lot of souvenirs for the week and a 14 year old who got a few but not nearly as many as the young one. After I got my shirt I thought it would be cool to get a Christmas ornament for the tree this year. Since my oldest had only got a few souvenirs that week I made the mistake of letting him pick it out. Well of course my 6 year old who started to get cranky from lack of sleep by the end of the week started crying. He wanted a different one, the one that said walt Disney world 2015 on it. You've probably seen them in the parks. I told him at $22 a pop I wasn't getting more than one end of story. So me and my oldest went up and paid for it while my wife took the youngest out of the store. After we paid this woman handed me $23 in cash and said here this is for your son. I was speechless. Nobody had ever done that for me before. I thanked her graciously and said I will pass it on or pay it forward. This came off the heels of losing our video camera with all our memories on and then finding it at guest services so some good Samaritan or CM saved the day a second time. It was an eventful day at Epcot.

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing!! Especially glad you got your camera back and that he lady approached you out of earshot of your son - so kind and thoughtful! Now, if you did get that second ornament, it will be a story to remember every time you put it out.

Yes I bought the ornament that he wanted. We will always remember when we hang it on the tree every year. He was surprised when I showed him, he was sitting on a bench with his mom outside so he didn't know anything about it until I showed him. What a wonderful person, I wish I would have got her name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter