Like Rapunzel, I have a dream!

dacky041208

DIS Veteran
Yes, way down deep inside I've got a dream. :goodvibes

DH and I are expecting our first child- it's early in my pregnancy, not due until August, and I have this crazy idea that I want to find out the gender of our baby on Main Street.

I have this vision- I would love to go to my doctor appt when it it time to find out the gender, have the doctor/ultrasound tech/whoever-it-is-that-tells-us put the gender in an envelope and seal it. DH and I will then be on our merry way to WDW- specifically MK- where we want to "buy a Mickey balloon" but can't decide between pink or blue. (side notes: We plan to order photopass to capture this. We plan to invite family/friends if they come I will make them "Team Mickey/Team Minnie" shirts.) We dream of giving our envelope to a CM who will tell Mickey which color to grab and he'll come out, grab the right color, and hand it to us to purchase.

Is this a crazy dream? yes. Do I think Disney is capable of helping us? Absolutely. I have time, why not try to contact someone and see if we can make it happen?

The reason I am posting is I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on who to contact to even attempt to make this happen?

I posted before and Cheshire Figment gave me the switchboard number (which I greatly appreciated!) and so far I've only been sent to voicemail for special events (who haven't called back) and to the florist (not so much what I'm looking for).

If you have any positive advice to give on how to get the ball rolling on this, or if you know of any contact, I'd be so grateful. This is absolutely a once-in-a-lifetime magical dream of mine so I am hoping not to get flamed. :( (My hormones may not be able to take it.)

Mods- I couldn't decide which board would be best for this; if you think you know of a better fit, I welcome the move.

Dacky--you made both MusicalDisneyDreams and I cry! What a sweet idea, I hope you can figure out the logistics. Congrats again on the wonderful news :)

No idea about who to contact, but I love this idea!! I wish I had this idea with my daughter! *jealous*

Also pregnant with our first - due in July! I admire your patience and hope you're able to get it worked out!! We'll want to know immediately! LOL

What a sweet idea. I haven't a clue where one would inquire about this. Wishing you the best in making this happen!

Aw, you all are too nice! Only true Disney lovers would understand! I've had eyes rolled at me from friends so I appreciate the support! I'm hoping and praying someone on here can help me!

Berlioz70 said:
Also pregnant with our first - due in July! I admire your patience and hope you're able to get it worked out!! We'll want to know immediately! LOL

Ahh congrats!!!!! I feel like 2013 is year of the baby lol

What a wonderful idea!! All I can say is, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How long ago did you call? I've found that it can take at least a week for someone to get back to you. At least that is my experience with emails. I was going to recommend special events as well.

Congrats! That sounds like an awesome idea. A couple of thoughts:

- I'm guessing that Mickey himself may not be able to hand you a balloon on Main Street. The reason being - if he does it for you, why isn't he doing it for others?

- NOW, if you could get them to do it behind closed doors in his meet/greet area, then you may be able to do that. I still think you might have better luck arranging that while you are there. Maybe call guest relations?

- If it was just that you wanted to find out on Main Street, and it didn't really matter 'who' handed you the balloon what I would do is this (if you can't find someone to arrange it through). Write down your plan on paper. Have your doctor put the gender (or appropriate color slip of paper) in a sealed envelope. Then when you are down there, you can find someone to help you there. I'm sure you would have no trouble! Heck - as a guest I would LOVE to hand you the balloon - I would even buy it for you! :rotfl::rotfl:

I think it's really unlikely you'll be able to get Mickey himself to do this for you but good luck.

dacky041208 said:
Yes, way down deep inside I've got a dream. :goodvibes

DH and I are expecting our first child- it's early in my pregnancy, not due until August, and I have this crazy idea that I want to find out the gender of our baby on Main Street.

I have this vision- I would love to go to my doctor appt when it it time to find out the gender, have the doctor/ultrasound tech/whoever-it-is-that-tells-us put the gender in an envelope and seal it. DH and I will then be on our merry way to WDW- specifically MK- where we want to "buy a Mickey balloon" but can't decide between pink or blue. (side notes: We plan to order photopass to capture this. We plan to invite family/friends if they come I will make them "Team Mickey/Team Minnie" shirts.) We dream of giving our envelope to a CM who will tell Mickey which color to grab and he'll come out, grab the right color, and hand it to us to purchase.

Is this a crazy dream? yes. Do I think Disney is capable of helping us? Absolutely. I have time, why not try to contact someone and see if we can make it happen?

The reason I am posting is I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on who to contact to even attempt to make this happen?

I posted before and Cheshire Figment gave me the switchboard number (which I greatly appreciated!) and so far I've only been sent to voicemail for special events (who haven't called back) and to the florist (not so much what I'm looking for).

If you have any positive advice to give on how to get the ball rolling on this, or if you know of any contact, I'd be so grateful. This is absolutely a once-in-a-lifetime magical dream of mine so I am hoping not to get flamed. :( (My hormones may not be able to take it.)

Mods- I couldn't decide which board would be best for this; if you think you know of a better fit, I welcome the move.

That sounds really cool, hope you're able to make your dream come true! Congratulations on the little bambino!

How long ago did you call? I've found that it can take at least a week for someone to get back to you. At least that is my experience with emails. I was going to recommend special events as well.

I called about 2 weeks ago; I actually have tomorrow so I am planning to call again during work hours and hoping to get an actual human being! Fingers crossed!

I wonder how much they charge you to put this together...

Yeah, I wonder that too. If they'd charge or if they'd ask for rights to use it in advertising (a friend thought of this possibility). Or if they'd just say they love the idea and are wanting to offer a little magic and pixie dust to make it happen! I'm hoping for that! ;-) (but yes, I am realistic and know they will possibly say they can do it for a price)

Congrats! That sounds like an awesome idea. A couple of thoughts:

- I'm guessing that Mickey himself may not be able to hand you a balloon on Main Street. The reason being - if he does it for you, why isn't he doing it for others?

He'll do it for me because I'm special! haha jk, but it's just a part of my dream, if they would agree to it, it'd be awesome!

- NOW, if you could get them to do it behind closed doors in his meet/greet area, then you may be able to do that. I still think you might have better luck arranging that while you are there. Maybe call guest relations?
This is a good idea; I'll mention this to DH and perhaps if we don't hear anything from Disney, this is the route we'll go.

- If it was just that you wanted to find out on Main Street, and it didn't really matter 'who' handed you the balloon what I would do is this (if you can't find someone to arrange it through). Write down your plan on paper. Have your doctor put the gender (or appropriate color slip of paper) in a sealed envelope. Then when you are down there, you can find someone to help you there. I'm sure you would have no trouble! Heck - as a guest I would LOVE to hand you the balloon - I would even buy it for you! :rotfl::rotfl:
I do for some reason picture this on Main Street...maybe even just the ballon man could hand us the right one!

I think it's really unlikely you'll be able to get Mickey himself to do this for you but good luck.
yeah, but I can dream and hope and pray! You never know what Disney will agree to do! I know I dream big, that's what a dream is for!

What a wonderful idea!! All I can say is, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks!!

That sounds really cool, hope you're able to make your dream come true! Congratulations on the little bambino!
Thank you!! We're really excited!

I do for some reason picture this on Main Street...maybe even just the ballon man could hand us the right one!

I don't think you'd have any trouble at all having the balloon CM do this for you, and you wouldn't even have to make advance arrangements, etc.!

Congrats! You'll have to let us all know how your dream turns out!

What about contacting the weddings department? They're the ones who arrange the character rentals for wedding receptions.

Hope your wishes come true!~ And, love your video! So, when are you going, as I can't wait to see the pictures!

All the best, Karen

What about contacting the weddings department? They're the ones who arrange the character rentals for wedding receptions.

I was going to suggest this as well. About a year ago Disney Weddings put out a video of a surprise proposal. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was evident the company had a hand making it happen. Even if this sort of thing isn't the wedding group's particular cup of tea, I bet they could point you in the right direction.

If some of the proposal videos that are out there are any indication, I think you'll be able to make this dream come true. Maybe not with Mickey on Main St., but I bet you can get pretty darn close. There is one proposal video out where the guy proposes at a princess M&G, and it is clear from the video Cinderella is in on what is going to happen. There is also a really cute one with PUSH where it is clear he is in on what is going to happen. While getting Mickey out on Main St. when he's also over in the theater doing a M&G may not be a go, I bet you'd could pull something off with the characters that do meet on Main St. if you can get a hold of someone.

Congratulations on the baby, and best of luck on making your dream come true!!

ETA: I just remembered that the Cinderella proposal guy appeared to have hired Photopass to photograph the event for him. Maybe they could be of assistance in helping or point you in the direction of who to contact.

I love this idea! But if it does't work out on the grand scale you imagine ( lots of family- mickey with the balloon..etc) It can be just as magical!

Even if it is just you and DH on main street opening the envelope, then if you have a name picked out, go get some mickey ears with the baby name embroidered on them and have a romantic splurge dinner! and stay deluxe and have a "baby moon" just the two of you :)

:) best wishes for a easy and fun pregnancy !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter