• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lights of Winter - EPCOT archway ??

Have they announced where/when the next shareholder meeting will be?

It might be a good place to voice our concern as the powers that be will all be in attendance.

I guess my comment didn't get past moderation on disney blog site but here it is here.

I am very disappointed. I guess I soon won't have to answer "You are going to disney again!?" Why do I want to continue to go somewhere where I am getting less and paying more. I know what I am missing from previous trips. I think I may be taking my vacation $$ somewhere else. Costra Rica or somthing tropical sounds nice.

I guess my comment didn't get past moderation on disney blog site but here it is here.

I am very disappointed. I guess I soon won't have to answer "You are going to disney again!?" Why do I want to continue to go somewhere where I am getting less and paying more. I know what I am missing from previous trips. I think I may be taking my vacation $$ somewhere else. Costra Rica or somthing tropical sounds nice.

That didn't get past moderation? Seems they don't mind dumping on us, but we can't return the favor I guess. Your post doesn't seem to be in the least bit offensive or inflammatory, just expresses your displeasure with their decision.

I've drafted a snail mail letter to WDW Guest Communications which will be CCed to Robert Iger, James Rasudo, Meg Crofton, and Al Weiss. Not that I think any of it will do much good but it will certainly make me feel better!

I did the same....People it is time consuming but send a letter snail mail and well as email.Posting dissatisfaction on a blog is all well and good, but make MORE NOISE about it.I can't help but think if They inundated with letters they will at least see how ticked we are

That didn't get past moderation? Seems they don't mind dumping on us, but we can't return the favor I guess. Your post doesn't seem to be in the least bit offensive or inflammatory, just expresses your displeasure with their decision.

Yeah. I guess you can't mention that you are going to spend your money elsewhere because Disney is charging more and taking away more. I said something to that effect and it didn't get past the moderators. They don't want other people to get the idea that there might be something else more cost effective to do with their vacation money.

This is unbelievable. The LOW were the main reason we ALWAYS stopped by Epcot to end each day when we are there during the Christmas season. We love it. It's hard to believe that cost had anything to do with it. They bought Pixar for $6 bil, Marvel for $4 bil, their CEO makes 30 mil a year and they announced a huge expansion at WDW as well as a park in China. Their last QUARTER revenue was $9.26 bil. I am curious how much running the lights really cost them in the big scheme of things. Probably the equivalent to a skid of copy paper. Charging more and offering less doesn't seem like a good plan. If this continues, my family will not be going to the parks near as much and may find other places to vacation. We still love Disney and will attend maybe once per year, but the added annual winter trips or multiple trips per year may be replaced with other destinations...not that they would care. Kind of reminds me of Clark Griswold's boss cutting out Christmas bonuses in Christmas Vacation. :sad2:

I had a post deleted in moderation too. Makes you wonder how many posts there REALLY are, if they didn't delete the ones they don't like!!

Totally bogus that they keep deleting posts from unhappy costumers. I guess if it isn't all pixie dust, its not getting on that blog. :mad:

For some reason having my post deleted has really burned me up. I am feeling sour now about my entire vacation. I need to turn it around. I am finding myself rethinking the extras that I have already booked ex. Pirate league, BBB and especially the $100+ dollar b day cake I ordered. I know $100 is crazy for a b-day cake but before it seemed okay. Now I am feeling nickel and dimed to death KWIM?

Oh boy - if THAT didn't pass the Moderator, no WONDER mine never showed up!!

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Totally bogus that they keep deleting posts from unhappy costumers.

Another unhappy costumer.

Edna-Mode.jpg

Totally bogus that they keep deleting posts from unhappy costumers. I guess if it isn't all pixie dust, its not getting on that blog. :mad:

Very interesting to here!! I, also, placed a post, and 2 mins. after, it was also, deleted. Nothing rude, only straight forward disappointment and feelings. I, also, stated that I am a Stock Holder, which makes me want to sell all of my shares now!

For everyone who thinks their post got deleted: are younsure it got deleted and merely hasn't been approved yet? One of my posts on the comment thread took more than 12 hours to get approved. I think the response on their comments section has over whelmed them and they are getting way behind in approvals. Having to approve each comment by hand can really back things up

Her is a copy of my 2nd posting as to why my initial post was deleted. Now to wait and see if it gets deleted!
"I would like to ask why my post from yesterday was deleted. As a Disney Stock Holder, which I mentioned in my post, I am infuriated that you would delete my post which was nothing but expressing my displeasure in the decision to remove the Light of Winter display. Now, give me a reason to not sell off my Disney Stocks!"

Her is a copy of my 2nd posting as to why my initial post was deleted. Now to wait and see if it gets deleted!
"I would like to ask why my post from yesterday was deleted. As a Disney Stock Holder, which I mentioned in my post, I am infuriated that you would delete my post which was nothing but expressing my displeasure in the decision to remove the Light of Winter display. Now, give me a reason to not sell off my Disney Stocks!"

Nice!:thumbsup2 I'd love to hear their response-(if they give you one that is)

OK - I guess I don't understand. People complain if Disney changes any of the "nostalgic" things. People complain if Disney doesn't innovate. People complain if Disney cuts back on things to save money. People complain if Disney raises prices to cover costs.

Yes, Lights of Winter was lovely, but now we'll have to reminisce about it. I'll still enjoy my Disney trip for what's *there*. Not be hostile about what isn't. I hope all of you can get to that place, too.

OK - I guess I don't understand. People complain if Disney changes any of the "nostalgic" things. People complain if Disney doesn't innovate. People complain if Disney cuts back on things to save money. People complain if Disney raises prices to cover costs.

Yes, Lights of Winter was lovely, but now we'll have to reminisce about it. I'll still enjoy my Disney trip for what's *there*. Not be hostile about what isn't. I hope all of you can get to that place, too.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with complaining about a change like this if it means so much to us. I love Disney as much as ANYONE, and I will continue to go to both parks several times a year. However, when they do something like this I reserve the right to let them know how I feel in a respectful and constructive way. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

Well add me to the list of deleted posts! :mad:

Seems pretty unfair that if you voice your displeasure it is deleted.

To summarize my post, I simply stated that as an AP and DVC owner I was lucky enough to experience them several times.

However I am upset that it is being taken away. It was one of the more magical holiday experiences offered.

I am upset over the fact that they are being removed for what is basically cost savings. While I am all for cost savings, especially in this economy, I am upset that Disney is cutting things to save costs, yet increasing costs to all it's customers.

Disney patron's are paying more for less. I would be ok with some of the cuts if intern they did not increase our costs (ticket prices, parking, resorts, DVC, etc). Why not pass some of that cost savings on it is customer base, especially given the economy.

I find it hard to believe that this cost cutting was necessary given the fact that Disney just annouced the Fantasyland expansion, continues to expand the DVC (Hawaii and California), announced Disney China, and was able to "afford" turning the Osbourne lights on in early November (after changing it to late November last year).

Didn't think anything I said warrented a deletion. But then again, maybe I hit to close to home!:rolleyes:

I bet if you mention deleting posts....that will be deleted too.

I'd bet $$$$.

Disney is controlling what WE are saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter