Lights of Winter - EPCOT archway ??

I left comments earlier this afternoon, but apparently they didn't pass moderation. It was of course perfectly clean but maybe I was too adamant about how negative I think the impact would be? *shrug* I'm actually rather surprised it got cut.

I too am not pleased they are thinking about cutting this from Epcot, this light display truly makes Epcot a magical place in December, I just sent an email to Disney guest relations with my thoughts. :santa::santa::santa:

Added my disappointment to the comments on the blog (not that I'm expecting it to make a difference this year, but at least they know how we all feel!)

:sad2:

This makes me so sad. Those lights are one of the first things I had planned on showing DBF on his first trip coming up in three weeks. Our first night I was going to take him to Cinderella's, then the Lights of Winter in Epcot. :sad1:

Well, the Lights of Winter may not be what Disney considers a high ticket item (i.e. buy a ticket to EPCOT just to see/experience it), it's certainly part of the wonderful EPCOT Christmas package. I've been watching Disney cut back over the years, but it seemed to be mostly with employees/characters and maybe size of display. I never imagined they would cut a beautiful light/music display that is enjoyed by so many. All we can hope for now is that enough people complain so that they bring it back next year.

I sent an email request to WDW yesterday inquiring about the rumor. I hope the LoW are indeed on display this year. It is one of the most enjoyable parts of Christmastime at Epcot.
We're anxiously waiting. :surfweb:

I just posted this on the Disney Blog board previously mentioned in this thread just a few minutes ago..

I have been to Disney in December the last 7 years, this will be our 8th trip in December. If Epcot removes their Lights of Wonder of display, I will be sadly disappointed in the folks who are now running Disney. It would appear that anything that can not be charged for in addition to regular park admission is being removed & whomever is thinking this way at Disney needs to be fired. The Lights of Wonder at Epcot ARE the holiday decorations. Last year the tree lighting ceremony at Epcot was removed with all the Disney characters singing & couting down, please don’t tell me that this is being eliminated as well.
I make it a point every year to just sit on a bench & enjoy the sights/sounds of the Lights of Wonder with a hot cup of coffee & discussing our trip with my son, please don’t ruin this wonderful tradition that so many of us faithful Disney vacationeers have come to cherish!

:santa::santa::santa:

I just posted this on the Disney Blog board previously mentioned in this thread just a few minutes ago..

I have been to Disney in December the last 7 years, this will be our 8th trip in December. If Epcot removes their Lights of Wonder of display, I will be sadly disappointed in the folks who are now running Disney. It would appear that anything that can not be charged for in addition to regular park admission is being removed & whomever is thinking this way at Disney needs to be fired. The Lights of Wonder at Epcot ARE the holiday decorations. Last year the tree lighting ceremony at Epcot was removed with all the Disney characters singing & couting down, please don’t tell me that this is being eliminated as well.
I make it a point every year to just sit on a bench & enjoy the sights/sounds of the Lights of Wonder with a hot cup of coffee & discussing our trip with my son, please don’t ruin this wonderful tradition that so many of us faithful Disney vacationeers have come to cherish!

:santa::santa::santa:

Great Post!

Buy a ticket :confused3 Book a hotel nearby ::yes::

We booked the YC because we really enjoy the LoW and planned to enjoy them most nights during our stay since we would be so close by. Holiday music is played darn near everywhere from November 1 onward in this country. I can listen to it anytime anywhere. What made the LoW special was the dance and the tone that it set for the park at night. It gave Epcot holiday magic at night. Music alone just doesn't cut it.

Maybe it's because our first trip to WDW during the holidays was the year that the Osborne Lights were not shown and that was "the light show" for the holidays that year. We have lots of pretty holiday PhotoPass pics with the LoW in them. I am going to miss them if they are not shown.

For DH any myself the Lights of Winter has been the conclusion to each evening of our Post-Thanksgiving 10-day trip to WDW. We stay at BWI so we can wander World Showcase, enjoy the music and then stroll back to our room.

On our last trip to WDW we had seen too many changes we did not like so we decided to spend our post-Thanksgiving pilgrimage in DL this year. Our biggest regret was we would not enjoy Illuminations and Lights of Winter each evening.

If this is true - we can now leave in 18 days with absolutely NO regrets.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls.....it's ALL about how much $$$$ will be in Fellow Castmember Bob's year-end bonus. Let's see how warm and fuzzy we all feel when his 2009 bonus is announced this year.

How long will we allow the grown ups to reduce the magic without speaking up?

I choose to no longer be a sheep in the herd - I'm writing a letter. Let's hope I am not the only one.

for what its worth, I called WDW and inquired. The CM thought I was talking about Osbournes, however she checked with a supervisor after I explained what I was asking about and after a couple minutes came back and sad they were to go up arounf Thanksgiving. Who knows but I hope so as well as this will be our first holiday trip after many other visits.

It's not Christmas at Epcot without the lights of Winter. It makes that parks Christmas atmosphere. ;)

No Lights of Winter...that's just sad. And no music either? I don't miss the character show but I will miss that. Of course all it means is that this year I'll be in the tequila bar longer instead of looking at the lights, so Disney won't lose money off me - but maybe next year I'll think about them cutting stuff and how it isn't as "special" there in December anymore - it's hard enough without the Adventurers Club and I wrote letters about that, a lot of good it did - and just stick to the Food & Wine Festival until they destroy that.

Is the loss of Christmas music confirmed? I'm surprised, but obviously shouldn't be.

Is the loss of Christmas music confirmed? I'm surprised, but obviously shouldn't be.

There is no confirmation of losing the Christmas Music.

As I posted on the first page of this thread-

Even if they don't put up the Lights of Winter, there is no reason to believe that they won't be playing the music.

Those music tracks are actually a part of the Fountain of Nations, and the water show that goes with those tracks will likely continue.

Nothing additional to "put up" and no extra costs involved just to play the Christmas music and run the fountain water show.

It's official. The Lights of Winter will not be pefromed this year, nor are there current plans to present them at any time in the future. Instead, a new group will be debuting at Epcot: “D’Vine Voices” which is a Gospel choir. The group will perform from Nov. 27 through Dec. 26 on the Fountain of Nations Stage. :mad:
SOURCE: WDWMAGIC Guest

53 posts, all of which are decrying the loss of Lights of Winter , and not a single response? Shame. :sad2:

We just need to keep them coming, here is the link again for those who have not had a chance to post there yet. :sad1:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ap-3/#comments

It's official. The Lights of Winter will not be pefromed this year, nor are there current plans to present them at any time in the future. Instead, a new group will be debuting at Epcot: “D’Vine Voices” which is a Gospel choir. The group will perform from Nov. 27 through Dec. 26 on the Fountain of Nations Stage. :mad:

53 posts, all of which are decrying the loss of Lights of Winter , and not a single response? Shame. :sad2:

We just need to keep them coming, here is the link again for those who have not had a chance to post there yet. :sad1:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ap-3/#comments

Oh no - this is one of our favorite things during the holidays at Epcot. We will not be able to make it down this year. I will definately call to complain. I am sure the new show will be great but the lights are just so beautiful. We have not seen them in a few years.

This is one reason why we always bring our camcorder to Disney and film everything - you never know when they are going to discontinue it.

Linda

How sad...The Lights of Winter give Epcot that special holiday magic. :sad1:

There is no confirmation of losing the Christmas Music.

As I posted on the first page of this thread-

Even if they don't put up the Lights of Winter, there is no reason to believe that they won't be playing the music.

Those music tracks are actually a part of the Fountain of Nations, and the water show that goes with those tracks will likely continue.

Nothing additional to "put up" and no extra costs involved just to play the Christmas music and run the fountain water show.

Thanks Robo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter