Lighthouse Pointe

ShannonR

mickey's #1 fan
I saw a little blip on you tube about a new DCL island....lighthouse pointe? I looked for an existing thread on this, but didn't see one so I apologize if this has already been asked and asked and addressed!

It is moving along at a glacial pace. At this rate I wouldn't expect it to be ready for guests before 2025 - and that may be too optimistic.

I just found a few websites reporting in June 2021 regarding Chapek’s confirmation that DCL is still moving forward with the project. One mentioned a 500-page environmental impact report; I wouldn’t be surprised if that type of government paperwork could easily bog things down.

But I’m glad to hear there’s any form of communication.

And, not surprisingly, any prediction as to when this will come about.

It is moving along at a glacial pace. At this rate I wouldn't expect it to be ready for guests before 2025 - and that may be too optimistic.

Even further slowed down by the creative lead of Joe Rohde leaving. :sad:

I wonder if he would come back now that they are picking the project back up post COVID.

Even further slowed down by the creative lead of Joe Rohde leaving. :sad:

I wonder if he would come back now that they are picking the project back up post COVID.

He works for Virgin Galactic now. I'm sure the way Imagineering treated everyone, nobody will be in a hurry to return to work there!

He works for Virgin Galactic now. I'm sure the way Imagineering treated everyone, nobody will be in a hurry to return to work there!

Why that little..... :mad:

He said he was going to retire. RETIRE. He was supposed to go tromping through some woods somewhere unknown and hug nature and stuff. I knew he couldn't be trusted. :rotfl2:

Why that little..... :mad:

He said he was going to retire. RETIRE. He was supposed to go tromping through some woods somewhere unknown and hug nature and stuff. I knew he couldn't be trusted. :rotfl2:
I was deeply saddened to learn he was leaving the company with so many future projects in the pipeline. It is odd how he said he was retiring and then went to go work for Virgin.

Back on topic. I don't think we'll get to experience Lighthouse Pointe until a good 5+ years from now at this point.

I don't think it was a voluntary"retirement". It was likely more a mutual parting of ways since the current leadership of TWDC is not as tolerant of his budget-busting methods as previous leadership teams were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter