light weight hiking boots for parks

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
I'm going to buy a new pair of light weight Merrell hiking boots to wear at the parks this summer. I'm buying them online, and I'm wondering about sizing. Can't find good advice by Googling this question, so thought I'd pose it here. They are mid-ankle boots specifically designed for summer hiking (ventilated, lighter weight)

Should I order a half size up from my normal shoe size? I know that's the standard advice for buying hiking boots since you're supposed to wear thicker socks, but since these are summer weight boots I'm not sure if that still applies. I plan to wear a mid-weight sock with them (not the super thin socks but not the super thick woolie socks either) - just a standard athletic sock.

Unfortunately I can't get to a sporting good store to try these on before I order, so I'm hoping to find a good expert here!

oops - just realized I probably should have posted this on the "Disney Tips" Board...

From what I have been told, hiking boot sizing takes into the consideration that you will be wearing heavy socks. I ordered my regular size and they fit fine.

It would be well worth your time to try and find that pair in a brick-and-mortar store to try on prior to ordering. I find that I wear different sizes in different brands. Just a thought. :goodvibes

hiking boots for summer? Yikes! I'd recommend looking at a good supportive sandal.

I would if I could. Unfortunately my years of Disney experience have taught me I have to wear some heavy duty foot wear to make it through a day at the parks without horrible pain. My knees and flat feet just can't take a sandal, and even tennis shoes don't do the trick if I'm really going to be running around all day in the parks. :sad2:

My personal experience with Merrell is that they run true to size. I've never bought Merrell hiking boots, but all the boots I've purchased in the last 10 years or so I've found to already account for the heavy socks. It would be great to try them on before you buy, but if it isn't an option, I'd order your normal size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter