Lifestyle portraits... Ideas needed!!

I didn't stop and check about appointments or anything like that. They were set up on certain nights just like the other pictures. People just started lining up for them. I do know on our semi formal night on the 5 night Wonder they did have a screen set up for these pictures.

I believe the times/place are listed on the navigators. The only fee would be if you decide to purchase the picture.

Have Fun!!

Just looked at the Navigators for the June 24 7 night double-dip and they had them every night in the Lobby Atrium. The times did vary slightly and on Pirate night they didn't do the 'middle' time and on the last night they didn't do the 'late' time:

5:30-6:15P
7:15-8:30P
9:30-10:15P

On the sea days, each of these times were for longer periods...like one hour or more. So you'll have to check your navigators (or with guest services if you want to know a couple of days in advance).

You all have lovely families! We got a dorky, posed looking picture of us and 2 DS's on the steps outside of Triton's. What are lifestyle pictures? Do you have to make another resie for those too, or stand in line? Your's all look worth it!

tinkerbellmom1 said:
You all have lovely families! We got a dorky, posed looking picture of us and 2 DS's on the steps outside of Triton's. What are lifestyle pictures? Do you have to make another resie for those too, or stand in line? Your's all look worth it!

There are several lifestyle pic's posted on the first page that you can check out. No ressies, but you do have to stand in line. It's basicly a solid white drop sheet back ground running all the way to the floor. People usually stand or sit on the sheet in different poses.

so, do they also do these on the 4 nite wonder? we are going on the halloween wonder cruise, and i'd be very interested in getting them done so we could use the pic for christmas cards. But, is that allowed? can you copy the pic? or do you have to order the cards thru disney?
oh...and great pics submitted by everyone! They all look so cool!

We did these a couple times...Once in our formal wear and again on Pirate night. I think next time I'd like to try something more casual. From what I've seen you can wear just about anything and have the photos turn out great....But like others have said...White isn't a good idea because the background is so white and the way they are exposed you could very well look like you had floating heads.

I also wanted to mention...even if your in your formal wear you'll go with out shoes. They won't allow you to walk on the white paper with anything that could leave a mark. Also when we were there (Oct 2005) they didn't take appointments...it was just a wait in line thing...Which depending on what time you go will depend alot on what the line looks like. Right before dinner = longer line. During dinner or after dinner = shorter line. But like someone else posted check the navagator to see if/when they have it listed to start and end.

My DD 21 and I went on Eastern Jan 06 cruise on the Magic. We took a lot of these pricture, we got to know the photographer. Since we were two adults and had the latest dinner time we always got there without a line.. The photographer took a lot of time posing us and a lot of different levels of close up shots. I had us having slightly matching outfits for the planned photo. I sew some so I made my DD a turquoius blue/green dress with graphic fish and I wore a sweater set with pants of the same matching material. We had about 5 differenct shades of oceans blues and greens, we both had very dark brown hair and were very tan at the time. Against the white background the colors were great. They were our best pictures, by the way we planned for dressing every night and We got the white background pictures every night. 2nd best picture was with scourcer Mickey. We were both in black and with Mickey in Read and Royal blue that was a great one also. Also we didn't have to take our shoes off, but we weren't waring any spikey type heals. Make friends with the photographer and you will get really great shots to choose from. I don't like to have my picture taken but they made it a real pleasure. Have great fun on your cruise

Thanks for all the tips, everyone! :sunny: I think I'm going to plan on having these pictures taken on a few different nights, so I'll have more to choose from. :)

I'm going to do the khakis with black shirts one night, then maybe add the Mickey/Hawaiian shirts another night, and maybe something else with brighter colors another night. :)

Glad I bumped into this thread. Thanks for all the tips.

One question: Can you purchase the photos you like on CD or something? I've read elsewhere that the only size the do is 8x10, which isn't a size we use. I'd prefer to get the photos digitally. Yes? No? How does this work?

Many thanks!

SeaSpray said:
Hi everyone!

We'll be cruising in less than 2 weeks on the Disney Magic, and I'd like to have a "lifestyle" portrait taken of our family. We have 2 teen sons, ages 18 and 15, so I'm not sure how to prepare for this type of photo. From what I've seen, most people have worn coordinating clothing. Since my DSs are "older" kids, I don't want us to match *too* much, but just enough... if that makes sense! LOL Maybe all wear khaki shorts and white tops? Maybe just matching khaki shorts, and different shirts? Matching shirts, but different shorts/pants? I'm trying to visualize how these photos would look. LOL

Can any of you with older kids/adult kids who've done the lifestyle photos please share how you posed, and what you wore?? THANKS! :)

What I don't understand is the whole picture taking thing! I have read so many posts regarding this and still don't get it! What exactly are lifestyle photos? Is there a schedule of when certain types of pictures are taken? I actually just want one on formal night, one with a ship in the background and one of the whole family in tropical attire. Any suggestions? Thanks.

We are Disney addicts (our Christmas tree is Disney themed for heaven's sake! Ha! Ha!) and we always purchase all the pictures taken on the rides every year(I tell my husband it shows the kids as they grow older). Are the prices for the pictures taken on the sip the same price as in the parks?

vlf32 said:
What I don't understand is the whole picture taking thing! I have read so many posts regarding this and still don't get it! What exactly are lifestyle photos? Is there a schedule of when certain types of pictures are taken? I actually just want one on formal night, one with a ship in the background and one of the whole family in tropical attire. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi :)

During your cruise there will be several different back-drops available for you to pose in front of, including the ship back-drop :)

The term "lifestyle portrait" refers to the pictures taken with the all-white background. These tend to be much less formal, usually the people are sitting and/or lying on the floor. There are samples of this type of picture in this thread on the first couple of pages :)

Here's my guy in the lifestyle portrait. We were the only ones in line that day and he wouldn't sit still so the photographer took loads and loads of photos of him dancing. His light blue looked really nice against the white background but his collar sort of disappeared. Lesson learned - watch out for any white on your clothes in the lifestyle portraits!
47b5ce07b3127cce9485391e959d00000025108AbMWbRi4Yth

We did the pirate night with the backdrop and boy did our costumes "pop". DS5 is having a Pirates of the Carribbean birthday party and I had it blown up to poster size at Costco along with his solo pirate picture and the picture of him with Jack at cc.

We had formal taken in front of Helmsman Mickey.

I agree that there needs to be a chair or bench with so many extended families sailing. I had seniors in my group that was fine, but an aunt going through ovarian cancer who couldn't stand long.

Oh, and we had our shoes on for the background picture.

... shirts of the same color for everyone (not white and preferably some darker shade) and unique Disney character hats for each one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter