"Lifeboat View" from deck 6?

Commander Cody

I have a bad feeling about this.
I am booked in cat 4D room on the Dream. We booked as VGT since it's a last minute cruise and it is just me and wife. Last cruise (with my kids) we splurged for a great room on the 12th floor. Since this time around we booked as VGT, we knew it was luck of the draw as far as which deck, but would definitely have a verandah. What never occurred to me is the view could be impaired by lifeboats. I looked at pictures and videos I found on the web to get an idea what my view might be like from room 6638. I was surprised the lifeboats extend out so far directly below a majority of the rooms on the 6th floor. Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms? Is the view as obstructed as I think it is based on pictures and videos I stummbled upon.

Thanks

I am booked in cat 4D room on the Dream. We booked as VGT since it's a last minute cruise and it is just me and wife. Last cruise (with my kids) we splurged for a great room on the 12th floor. Since this time around we booked as VGT, we knew it was luck of the draw as far as which deck, but would definitely have a verandah. What never occurred to me is the view could be impaired by lifeboats. I looked at pictures and videos I found on the web to get an idea what my view might be like from room 6638. I was surprised the lifeboats extend out so far directly below a majority of the rooms on the 6th floor. Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms? Is the view as obstructed as I think it is based on pictures and videos I stummbled upon.

Thanks
Well, I can't tell you the exact view from deck 6, but from deck 10, this is what you see looking straight down the side from above
verandah fantasy 2014 view down 2519 P1030726 1500.jpg

It really doesn't block a lot of the view. The lifeboats are sort of "tucked in" to deck 4, and don't extend too far out - here's a view of deck 4 where the lifeboats are
deck 4 fantasy 2014 2439 P1030676 1500.jpg

Well, just so happens that we were on the Fantasy last week in Cabin 6632. I knew people would want pics so I took a bunch. We did not feel the view was really hampered. Right in front of our cabin we had a view down to Deck 4 and to the water as it was between lifeboats. Our friends were in 6634 and 6636.

DSCF1843 (800x600).jpg DSCF1842 (800x600) (2).jpg DSCF1843 (800x600).jpg DSCF1966 (800x600).jpg DSCF1968 (800x600).jpg DSCF2104 (800x600) (2).jpg

The lifeboats are right there but mostly you are looking out, not down so you still have a view. If you are on top of the one of the lifeboats you would not be able to see straight down.

MJ

Last edited:
I agree with mmouse. We were in 6080 and yes we could see them but we typically didn't need to look straight down so it never bothered me.

We have had 3 verandas on deck 6. The only time the lifeboats were a problem is in the late hours when they were lowered to save a Carnival jumper. I could hear the wench lowering the boat. Other than that, you may see some stowaways like birds. Other than that, they don't impair your view. The only thing you see ahead are the other cruise ships on the same route occasionally and sometimes dolphins in the water.

We stayed in 6144 on the Fantasy and like others said, while if you look straight down you can see the lifeboats (or between the lifeboats depending on the room) it does not obstruct your view of looking out. So I guess it depends on if you want to look straight down and see the ocean. But we still had a wonderful view.

I was in 6568 on the Fantasy last fall and was a little nervous about the view with being right above the life boats. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. The view was beautiful no matter what I was looking at. There was absolutely no obstruction unless you want to look straight down, but rarely will you do that. If you're sitting on your verandah chairs, you won't even know they are there. Deck 6 is fabulous - not noisy and being half way up made it easy to get everywhere. Don't sweat this one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter