Life Vests at Captain Marvin's?

clawmachine

DIS Veteran
Does anyone happen to know if Captain Marvin's Tours on Grand Cayman has life vests for small children? If we were to consider this tour I'd need one for a 40 pounder and one for a 33 pounder. I can't find anything about it on their site. Thanks!!!

Does anyone happen to know if Captain Marvin's Tours on Grand Cayman has life vests for small children? If we were to consider this tour I'd need one for a 40 pounder and one for a 33 pounder. I can't find anything about it on their site. Thanks!!!

Just came back from Grand Cayman and did this tour.. it was great!
However, if you are looking for real life vests, the answer is no. What they have are snorkeling vests that you can inflate.. They look like oversized bibs!:rotfl: and are bright yellow.

The air you can put in there will help you float... but it is not a life vest.

Hope this helps!

Just came back from Grand Cayman and did this tour.. it was great!
However, if you are looking for real life vests, the answer is no. What they have are snorkeling vests that you can inflate.. They look like oversized bibs!:rotfl: and are bright yellow.

The air you can put in there will help you float... but it is not a life vest.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! As for the yellow inflatable ones, do you think a 3 year old and a very slim 6 year old could wear them? Also, how deep was the water? Would it be possible for either DH or I to hang out somewhere where we could easily support the two younger ones while my older son had more fun with the other adult?

Thanks! As for the yellow inflatable ones, do you think a 3 year old and a very slim 6 year old could wear them? Also, how deep was the water? Would it be possible for either DH or I to hang out somewhere where we could easily support the two younger ones while my older son had more fun with the other adult?

At Stingray City, it is a sandbar. The water came up to my waist, so it would be no problem to support your children there. However, where we did go snorkeling, the water was 8-9 feet deep, and because we were really off shore, the water was choppy. It would be hard for one adult to have 2 kids during this time... Most of the folks on board that had young children, did not go in with them during the snorkeling.

Hope this helps! I would do Stingray City only, and then maybe go off to the turtle farm....etc..

At Stingray City, it is a sandbar. The water came up to my waist, so it would be no problem to support your children there. However, where we did go snorkeling, the water was 8-9 feet deep, and because we were really off shore, the water was choppy. It would be hard for one adult to have 2 kids during this time... Most of the folks on board that had young children, did not go in with them during the snorkeling.

Hope this helps! I would do Stingray City only, and then maybe go off to the turtle farm....etc..

thanks. this is really helpful. I think I will call them on Monday to ask how much it would be for just the Stingray City and the turtle farm. It looked on their site like you couldn't JUST do those two, but I'll ask. Because my one son has severe food allergies, we need to schedule things such that we can be back on the ship for lunch.

ok - sorry for asking so many questions but just one more! Would they allow adults to get on and off the boat during the snorkeling? I mean if my husband and older son wanted to snorkel while I stayed on the boat with the younger two, could he then come back and switch so I could go out for a bit? The half day package works out to only $10 extra total and has start and end times that are better for us, so it might just be worth it even if the little ones have to stay on the boat with one of us..
Thanks!!

WE did the half day with our 3 year old daughter 3 weeks ago. You can get on & off the boat as you please. They told me that their "life vests" were for age 4 & up. My DD is 3, so we bought our own very cool, lifeguard approved one: Stearns Floaties

WE did the half day with our 3 year old daughter 3 weeks ago. You can get on & off the boat as you please. They told me that their "life vests" were for age 4 & up. My DD is 3, so we bought our own very cool, lifeguard approved one: Stearns Floaties

Thanks so much for that info! My DD3 will be less than 2 months shy of 4 when we cruise and she is very tall for her age, so if we can't bring one of our own, I think we'll be ok...

ETA: that's a cool product you posted! I've never seen them before! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter