Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

Your dinner at 50's Prime Time looked like so much fun. I'm sure Chloe was TOTALLY embasearssed with the whole call thing!!!!!

I loved the update, but one thing you should reconsider is your thoughts on BLT. I hated the resort from the pictures to everything about it. Then they had the Destination-D at the Contemporary. Well from the previous Destination-D's we knew that one had to stay at the host resort. Travel between hotels just wouldn't really work. We were at the VGC for the previous one and only DLH would have been better, but the don't have DVC units, so it wouldn't have worked.

We booked BLT for the Dest-D event and we absolutely LOVED it! I know there is a lack of appeal on the decor, but the location (being a monorail resort) and having a view of the fireworks (we had a lake view, but could see the fireworks from our balcony" and it was great!

What a blast of a meal! We loved ours there too. I may have to put it on the maybe list for the next trip. I wasn't sure how they'd seat a large group, we will probably have 12.

Blue drinks are fun! As long as they aren't too sweet. I think I had that same drink the last time we were there.

I have no issues planning 2 years ahead of time so I think the RCI things is nifty too. I can't wait to check out the site and fool around. With a 2 year booking wondow, that gives just enough time for me to plan. :p

I plan 2 years out...let everyone in on it at 1 year or less. :rotfl2: It usually works out pretty well that way.

I'm assuming it's Kendall's game so wishing her and her team good luck. Like Gabby's team says: let's kick some grass.

They did! Won the district title last night. It was not K's best game so that was tough but...she had a great season and we move on from here!

Maybe rent them out. Sometimes people just need a few points? You're going to WDW NYE? This NYE or next? party:

I will rent them if we aren't going to use them for sure. I hate the idea of not using them but I like the idea of extra cash! Next NYE. Current plan (as of Friday lol) is:

BWV 12/29/13-1/4/14. One 2B on points, One 1B either with transferred/rented points or on cash.

THV 1/4-1/7. One on points for 3 nights, one on points for 2 nights.

Right now it looks like 4 of us (probably no K or T but it will be up to them), my parents, my sister and BIL, my sister and her 2 boys and then probably one more nephew. Maybe my ex SIL as well. So 5 teenage boys 13 -15.

:scared1:

You can see why K might not be interested in that trip. :rotfl2: Now I just hope the school calendar plays out like I think it will! We really don't want to go any earlier than the 29th as we'd be giving up some K time and the points are nuts. I'm going to have to book based on this though as we won't get a school schedule till June since it's a contract negotiation year. Good news is 4 out of the 5 kids are in the same school district so that helps a bit. My parents and sister need to decide in the next month or so if they want to try and do rental or transfer versus cash for the 1B but I think we are pretty solid on the rest. Cash is a lot more but gives them flexibility renting won't. Transfer would actually be easiest but, like renting, is all up front and I'm not sure they are up for that.

Yeah, Disneyland is proving harder to plan than I'd like. :upsidedow With our recent return it's hard to bring up another trip, ya know? I have to let the shock wear off for Michael.

Exactly! Jeff and I have a couples trip in Dec and realistically I shouldn't hit him with anything before then. Especially since we've been talking a lot about the NYE 2013 trip as there were major (add on) decisions to be made.

When she wanted that Jedi robe I laughed and thought: there's goes $50 but I'll tell you, she's got so much use out of it. Halloween, the entire trip after she bought it, and she wears it at home. My guess is that it'll get a lot of use during winter too.

What I love about that robe on her is you can see how much she loves being in it!

pooh'smate said:
What a great meal at 50's PTC. I really wanted to eat there but Jon and Lexi waned to eat at Sci-Fi so we did. Next time for sure we going. I love your friends blog. I also loved his tr on visiting Marceline and Jon and I planing to go there sometime next year (the museum is only open from April-Oct). I did go and see Wreck It Ralph and I loved it. I too love seeing the Castle, though I do still miss seeing Walt before Disney, call me sentimental. I finished my Christmas shopping. Jon and I are just buying a blu-ray player as our dvd player has died so that was easy.:rotfl2: Alexia is getting something she wants, something to wear, something she needs, and something to read for Christmas. We are going to make a donation to the local homeless shelter where Jon and I used to work. Lexi has plenty of toys and she will still get lots of gifts from family so we are going to do that this year. I am going to make homemade gifts (baked goods) for the other people we give presents to.

Let me first apologize for any typos. Chloe is starting her dance solo routine and I'm in the car for the next 30, posting from my phone. iPhone is notorious for spellchecking and not taking grammar into account. Lol!

50's really was fantastic! I'm afraid to do it again because I'm not sure anyone could top Loukili! But I also said that about our first trip in 2007 during the YOAMD promo where we were showered with Dreams and Magical Moments. Can Disney really just keep getting better and better?

I thought Wreck It Ralph was great too. Definitely a must buy!

Fun- we love our Blue Ray.

Love that you are so on top of Christmas shopping. I really like your donation idea too. Do any of our kids really need anything aside from socks, a new winter coat, and underwear? :blush: I told mine to keep their lists reasonable.

We're doing things a little different this year. I'm not doing the whole Hanukkah and Christmas gift thing. Hanukkah gifts were only created so Jewish kids wouldn't feel socially left out in December. Hanukkah begins Dec. 9. We're going to celebrate the religious aspects of Hanukkah sans gifts. We'll do the social aspect of Christmas minus the religion. We may sound goofy but I think it'll work. I love my tree, the treats, the music etc....it brings such joy and happiness to us.

What homemade gifts are you thinking of making? Those are always the best gifts.​

franandaj said:
Your dinner at 50's Prime Time looked like so much fun. I'm sure Chloe was TOTALLY embasearssed with the whole call thing!!!!!

I loved the update, but one thing you should reconsider is your thoughts on BLT. I hated the resort from the pictures to everything about it. Then they had the Destination-D at the Contemporary. Well from the previous Destination-D's we knew that one had to stay at the host resort. Travel between hotels just wouldn't really work. We were at the VGC for the previous one and only DLH would have been better, but the don't have DVC units, so it wouldn't have worked.

We booked BLT for the Dest-D event and we absolutely LOVED it! I know there is a lack of appeal on the decor, but the location (being a monorail resort) and having a view of the fireworks (we had a lake view, but could see the fireworks from our balcony" and it was great!

Typos, yes, sorry ;) Posting from iPhone.

::yes:: Both Chloe and Kayla thought their phones were next and they hid them in their laps. I love the pure fun on everyone's face during that meal.

You liked BLT that much? Jen loves it too. Tell me about the CS and gift shop? Good? I want to try them all at some point. And being on the Monorail line would be amazing for sure. Have you tried The Wave? We loved Cal Grill and hated Chef Mickey's. And I am a fireworks junkie.....

You always go to the coolest events!​

kaoden39 said:
Oh my gosh!! We desperately need a 50s place at Disneyland. It looks like a good laugh.

Michele, it was a total blast. The food was really good too. Their fried chicken rivals the Plaza Inn's easily and that's hard for me to say- lol!​

eandesmom said:
What a blast of a meal! We loved ours there too. I may have to put it on the maybe list for the next trip. I wasn't sure how they'd seat a large group, we will probably have 12.

Blue drinks are fun! As long as they aren't too sweet. I think I had that same drink the last time we were there.

I plan 2 years out...let everyone in on it at 1 year or less. :rotfl2: It usually works out pretty well that way.

They did! Won the district title last night. It was not K's best game so that was tough but...she had a great season and we move on from here!

I will rent them if we aren't going to use them for sure. I hate the idea of not using them but I like the idea of extra cash! Next NYE. Current plan (as of Friday lol) is:

BWV 12/29/13-1/4/14. One 2B on points, One 1B either with transferred/rented points or on cash.

THV 1/4-1/7. One on points for 3 nights, one on points for 2 nights.

Right now it looks like 4 of us (probably no K or T but it will be up to them), my parents, my sister and BIL, my sister and her 2 boys and then probably one more nephew. Maybe my ex SIL as well. So 5 teenage boys 13 -15.

:scared1:

You can see why K might not be interested in that trip. :rotfl2: Now I just hope the school calendar plays out like I think it will! We really don't want to go any earlier than the 29th as we'd be giving up some K time and the points are nuts. I'm going to have to book based on this though as we won't get a school schedule till June since it's a contract negotiation year. Good news is 4 out of the 5 kids are in the same school district so that helps a bit. My parents and sister need to decide in the next month or so if they want to try and do rental or transfer versus cash for the 1B but I think we are pretty solid on the rest. Cash is a lot more but gives them flexibility renting won't. Transfer would actually be easiest but, like renting, is all up front and I'm not sure they are up for that.

Exactly! Jeff and I have a couples trip in Dec and realistically I shouldn't hit him with anything before then. Especially since we've been talking a lot about the NYE 2013 trip as there were major (add on) decisions to be made.

What I love about that robe on her is you can see how much she loves being in it!

Typos coming: beware! :lmao:

We had 11 in our party and it was perfect. We could have easily slid another chair in. If you want a good time and your party is full of good sports, I'd recommend it. I think our guy went above and beyond. We got the usual chatter about finishing our vegetables before dessert but I think when he knew we were all game, he kicked it up a notch. You've been so you know but I'm sure a party of 12 would be fine. The more the merrier at 50's!

Congrats to K!!! That's awesome. The check seems a little less painful to write when they're having fun and winning. ;) For me anyway.

That's a big group you've got going for NYE but what fun! 50's would be perfect. 'Ohana does well with big parties too.

Our school schedule for 2013-2014 is also in negotiations so I'm a stand still in terms of dates. :hyper: And with Gab wanting to be a camp counselor, it's a monthlong gig that starts this June. Disneyland may not happen until July or August realistically, just depends. The applications should be out anytime.

I saw your walking thread and need to go read it. And your trip is Dec 2013? I thought it was this Dec. Where are you going for your couples trip?

She does feel pure joy in that robe. I finally washed it yesterday. I was scared to death to shrink or ruin it. It's far too big to hand wash so I put it on gentle and laid it out to dry. Looks and smells just like new. :teeth:

I saw your walking thread and need to go read it. And your trip is Dec 2013? I thought it was this Dec. Where are you going for your couples trip?

She does feel pure joy in that robe. I finally washed it yesterday. I was scared to death to shrink or ruin it. It's far too big to hand wash so I put it on gentle and laid it out to dry. Looks and smells just like new. :teeth: [/center]

I love Ohana. 2 of my nephews are horrible eaters and I'm just not sure that it'd be worth the cost to anyone to try that. If we do something like PTC or the various others on our list, they can choose an app, share, or skip eating entirely (which often, they do). We will see.

Yep, more than a year away. Which is why I'd love DLR this spring or summer but not sure Jeff will go for it. We did have a lot of Disney this summer even if it wasn't mostly park time. Every 2 years is about his ideal and it has been every year in one way or another since 2009. :thumbsup2

Good part about the spreading it out is that we were able to spread out our point purchases and I think ended up with the right homes for us. Trying 5 resorts between July and Oct really helped me with deciding where to add on. Had we bought all at once it would have been different so I'm glad it played out the way it did for many reasons.

It's a lot of folks to coordinate and one of my sisters is in the middle of going back to school to get her teachers certificate post divorce so we needed to plan it for after she is done. We will be taking her, and my nephews on our points. Hopefully she will have a job as otherwise, coming up with plane fare, food and park tickets may be a challenge but I'm very hopeful. Lots of demand in her focus area (special needs, middle school).

The E's are cracking me up. Now that the add on is final, they figure the trip is a done deal. Evan is designing a group t shirt and Eric is making an ADR list. It's over 13 months away! I'll feel more official once we have signed the docs and sent them back.

Couples trip is to San Fran for a long weekend. It will be cool though as our closing docs are being sent there so that makes it kind of fun. Hoping to go to the Walt Disney Family museum while there but we haven't decided if we are renting a car or not.

Typos, yes, sorry ;) Posting from iPhone.

::yes:: Both Chloe and Kayla thought their phones were next and they hid them in their laps. I love the pure fun on everyone's face during that meal.

You liked BLT that much? Jen loves it too. Tell me about the CS and gift shop? Good? I want to try them all at some point. And being on the Monorail line would be amazing for sure. Have you tried The Wave? We loved Cal Grill and hated Chef Mickey's. And I am a fireworks junkie.....

You always go to the coolest events!​

I did NOT expect to like the place, but I really did. I'm not sure if you read my TR from that one, but it was the one where I cooked three meals on Friday night after checking in. Chicken for that night, meatloaf for the next night and spaghetti sauce for the following night. Needless to say we didn't try the Contempo Cafe. I did get to the gift store, I was looking for the lettuce that GG forgot to bring me. They had a good selection of stuff and they also had another store with lots of really cool expensive stuff. This was all at the Contemporary.

I have not tried the Wave, we were going to on our previous canceled trip. What I really liked about the place was that our 1 br had two bathrooms. Even with two people that can be quite a life saver! It had a great open floorplan in the Living room. We were on the outside of the C, so ours had barstools at the counter. From what I've seen in pictures the rooms on the insides of the C do not have barstools since they are a little smaller.

We didn't have a MK view, but if you stood on the balcony you could see MK. We could also see a beautiful lake view from sitting inside the room. Once I got over the modern furniture, it was very comfy, and I really liked the plates and stuff. It was so easy to get places having the monorail right there, and dining at the Poly and GF was a snap. Obviously I liked it enough to book my next trip there with a split stay between AK and BLT. You never know you might surprise yourself!

I did NOT expect to like the place, but I really did. I'm not sure if you read my TR from that one, but it was the one where I cooked three meals on Friday night after checking in. Chicken for that night, meatloaf for the next night and spaghetti sauce for the following night. Needless to say we didn't try the Contempo Cafe. I did get to the gift store, I was looking for the lettuce that GG forgot to bring me. They had a good selection of stuff and they also had another store with lots of really cool expensive stuff. This was all at the Contemporary.

I have not tried the Wave, we were going to on our previous canceled trip. What I really liked about the place was that our 1 br had two bathrooms. Even with two people that can be quite a life saver! It had a great open floorplan in the Living room. We were on the outside of the C, so ours had barstools at the counter. From what I've seen in pictures the rooms on the insides of the C do not have barstools since they are a little smaller.

We didn't have a MK view, but if you stood on the balcony you could see MK. We could also see a beautiful lake view from sitting inside the room. Once I got over the modern furniture, it was very comfy, and I really liked the plates and stuff. It was so easy to get places having the monorail right there, and dining at the Poly and GF was a snap. Obviously I liked it enough to book my next trip there with a split stay between AK and BLT. You never know you might surprise yourself!

I'm going to have to look into them further. I do recall seeing that in one of your reports. I'm going to have to go back and look though. Do you have a link? I'd love to see more pics too if you've got them. :thumbsup2

About the MK view, I've read the lake view is better as you've got to look over the parking lot to see MK. BLT is so close though. When we'd pass it on our last trip, Michael said it would be nice to stay so close to MK. :wizard: I agree. Are the VWL close too? Jenna has stayed there. She got her wedding photos done there. The first time we *met* was at the VWL. The lobby is gorgeous like the GCV but I found the villas to be dated. I'm guessing though the resort has that relaxing feeling that I love so much.

BLT's one bedroom has two bathrooms? Can their one bedrooms fit 5? :surfweb: Not that we'll ever be able to not have a 2 bedroom. Once you have all that room it seems almost impossible to go back.

I'm not quite sure how I'll ever talk my crew into not staying at AKV. They are in love with that place as am I. As far as WDW resorts go, we've still got to try SSR, VWL, BLT, BCV, and BWV. I better get planning. If I had to choose right now where we'd stay during the next trip, I'd choose SSR and BWV. Michael is dying to stay at SSR, not the THV part though.​

Let me first apologize for any typos. Chloe is starting her dance solo routine and I'm in the car for the next 30, posting from my phone. iPhone is notorious for spellchecking and not taking grammar into account. Lol!

50's really was fantastic! I'm afraid to do it again because I'm not sure anyone could top Loukili! But I also said that about our first trip in 2007 during the YOAMD promo where we were showered with Dreams and Magical Moments. Can Disney really just keep getting better and better?

I thought Wreck It Ralph was great too. Definitely a must buy!

Fun- we love our Blue Ray.

Love that you are so on top of Christmas shopping. I really like your donation idea too. Do any of our kids really need anything aside from socks, a new winter coat, and underwear? :blush: I told mine to keep their lists reasonable.

We're doing things a little different this year. I'm not doing the whole Hanukkah and Christmas gift thing. Hanukkah gifts were only created so Jewish kids wouldn't feel socially left out in December. Hanukkah begins Dec. 9. We're going to celebrate the religious aspects of Hanukkah sans gifts. We'll do the social aspect of Christmas minus the religion. We may sound goofy but I think it'll work. I love my tree, the treats, the music etc....it brings such joy and happiness to us.

What homemade gifts are you thinking of making? Those are always the best gifts.​

I will make fudge, chex mix, divinity, sugar cookies, marshmallows, and who knows what else. I love to bake. No, I know Lexi doesn't need anything either she has more toys than she plays with and has all the clothes she needs. I love that you celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas (and do it openly). I had a friend growing up whose parents went off into lala land and started following some new people who made their own religion (it combined some Jewish traditions plus some other weird stuff they made up). They stopped "celebrating" Christmas but started celebrating the New Year by having a tree and presents and everything else that we do at Christmas.:confused3 My friend moved out into her own place (we were 18 at the time) and celebrated Christmas with my family. :rotfl: I could go on about all the stuff they started to do but I don't want to bore you. :laughing: I will just say that it was known thing in our town that the FBI would do fly-bys over the compound they all moved to.:scared1:

I have to say we checked out Tracy's studio at BLT and I would absolutely stay there, main reason it's never on my list is the point cost since we are view and verandah junkies, we can just get more for our points elsewhere

I will make fudge, chex mix, divinity, sugar cookies, marshmallows, and who knows what else. I love to bake. No, I know Lexi doesn't need anything either she has more toys than she plays with and has all the clothes she needs. I love that you celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas (and do it openly). I had a friend growing up whose parents went off into lala land and started following some new people who made their own religion (it combined some Jewish traditions plus some other weird stuff they made up). They stopped "celebrating" Christmas but started celebrating the New Year by having a tree and presents and everything else that we do at Christmas.:confused3 My friend moved out into her own place (we were 18 at the time) and celebrated Christmas with my family. :rotfl: I could go on about all the stuff they started to do but I don't want to bore you. :laughing: I will just say that it was known thing in our town that the FBI would do fly-bys over the compound they all moved to.:scared1:

:thumbsup2I have no issues celebrating both holidays. For us, Christmas is about the holiday fun, treats, music, and community and holds no religious experience though I totally respect that for some it does. :goodvibes There is no relation between Hanukkah and Christmas other than timing although next year Hanukkah begins in November. I know it sounds strange but I grew up with Christmas, all of my memories are of Christmas. As long as the kids remain unconfused, it's all good with me. Michael said gifts for only one so they chose Christmas gifts. We make it up as we go. :rotfl:

Yum, your list sounds delicious! I love divinity. :lovestruc Do you have an easy fudge recipe to share? :flower3: I'd love to make some but need an easy recipe.​

I have to say we checked out Tracy's studio at BLT and I would absolutely stay there, main reason it's never on my list is the point cost since we are view and verandah junkies, we can just get more for our points elsewhere

The points are expensive. I am a view and verandah junkie too. I think the lake view is the way to go at BLT. Every MK view photo I've seen has a big parking lot in it that has to be ignored/looked over to be able to focus on The Castle. That parking lot kills it for me. :( But the proximity makes it tempting for sure.

Anyone know about the VWL proximity and transportation options to MK? I swear I read you can take a boat to MK from VWL.​

rentayenta said:
:thumbsup2I have no issues celebrating both holidays. For us, Christmas is about the holiday fun, treats, music, and community and holds no religious experience though I totally respect that for some it does. :goodvibes There is no relation between Hanukkah and Christmas other than timing although next year Hanukkah begins in November. I know it sounds strange but I grew up with Christmas, all of my memories are of Christmas. As long as the kids remain unconfused, it's all good with me. Michael said gifts for only one so they chose Christmas gifts. We make it up as we go. :rotfl:

Yum, your list sounds delicious! I love divinity. :lovestruc Do you have an easy fudge recipe to share? :flower3: I'd love to make some but need an easy recipe.

The points are expensive. I am a view and verandah junkie too. I think the lake view is the way to go at BLT. Every MK view photo I've seen has a big parking lot in it that has to be ignored/looked over to be able to focus on The Castle. That parking lot kills it for me. :( But the proximity makes it tempting for sure.

Anyone know about the VWL proximity and transportation options to MK? I swear I read you can take a boat to MK from VWL.

I think celebrating both is cool, whatever works for you is good! In some ways, that could be easier than us trying to get our kids to focus on the meaning of Christmas, not the commercial side.

The only way to get to MK from VWL is by boat. Which is cool...and maddening at times. I've stayed there twice (lodge once, villas once) and while I like a lot about it and would stay there again, it's not my favorite.

Yum, your list sounds delicious! I love divinity. :lovestruc Do you have an easy fudge recipe to share? :flower3: I'd love to make some but need an easy recipe.​

This is my fudge recipe. I like that I don't have to use a candy thermometer. I have been making this for the past 15 years and it is so easy and you can change it up to make a ton of different kinds. Lexi's favorite is when I use white choc chips and dried cranberries with pecans. I am allergic to nuts so it is a treat for Jon and Lexi when I use nuts. If you want butterscotch then use butterscotch chips ect. It freezes well, the 3 of us can not eat it all before it gets to dry, so I cut it up and then freeze and when we want some we just take out what we want to eat. I also line my pan with foil and then when it is cool I just lift the fudge out and cut.

Fantasy Fudge

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla; beat until blended. Pour into greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.

I'm going to have to look into them further. I do recall seeing that in one of your reports. I'm going to have to go back and look though. Do you have a link? I'd love to see more pics too if you've got them. :thumbsup2

In my sig there is a link, for Destination D WDW in Detail, that's where you will find pictures.

[CENTERAbout the MK view, I've read the lake view is better as you've got to look over the parking lot to see MK. BLT is so close though. When we'd pass it on our last trip, Michael said it would be nice to stay so close to MK. :wizard: I agree. Are the VWL close too? Jenna has stayed there. She got her wedding photos done there. The first time we *met* was at the VWL. The lobby is gorgeous like the GCV but I found the villas to be dated. I'm guessing though the resort has that relaxing feeling that I love so much.

BLT's one bedroom has two bathrooms? Can their one bedrooms fit 5? :surfweb: Not that we'll ever be able to not have a 2 bedroom. Once you have all that room it seems almost impossible to go back.

I'm not quite sure how I'll ever talk my crew into not staying at AKV. They are in love with that place as am I. As far as WDW resorts go, we've still got to try SSR, VWL, BLT, BCV, and BWV. I better get planning. If I had to choose right now where we'd stay during the next trip, I'd choose SSR and BWV. Michael is dying to stay at SSR, not the THV part though.

The one bedrooms can fit five, two on the couch and one in the chair. We were looking at it when we had three because of the two bathrooms, but I even like it with two of us. We sometimes need two bathrooms even if we can work with with one if necessary.

It's really cool just because of the location and how easy it is to get to other parks. Not necessarily the looks of the place and yes you do have to look across a parking lot view to see the MK. I'll give you my feedback on that on the next TR. But other than that, it was cool to be so close to a monorail ride to O'hana, the monorail away from 1900 park fare, and on our next trip Narcosses'!

It's kinda cool to be so centrally located and scooter accesible without a lot of hassle to get places. Your crew can move and get around. PIO, has now has an idea about what I'm up against. Ask her when she gets back home maybe she can explain it better. I don't think anyone has a clue about the mobility issues that we face here. Getting on rides are not an option the things we face here are much more severethan ride issues. I can do tehm but not Fran.

Anyways not to be a downer, she brings her books while I ride. Not the best soluation, but better than some ideas.

In my sig there is a link, for Destination D WDW in Detail, that's where you will find pictures.

The one bedrooms can fit five, two on the couch and one in the chair. We were looking at it when we had three because of the two bathrooms, but I even like it with two of us. We sometimes need two bathrooms even if we can work with with one if necessary.

It's really cool just because of the location and how easy it is to get to other parks. Not necessarily the looks of the place and yes you do have to look across a parking lot view to see the MK. I'll give you my feedback on that on the next TR. But other than that, it was cool to be so close to a monorail ride to O'hana, the monorail away from 1900 park fare, and on our next trip Narcosses'!

It's kinda cool to be so centrally located and scooter accesible without a lot of hassle to get places. Your crew can move and get around. PIO, has now has an idea about what I'm up against. Ask her when she gets back home maybe she can explain it better. I don't think anyone has a clue about the mobility issues that we face here. Getting on rides are not an option the things we face here are much more severethan ride issues. I can do tehm but not Fran.

Anyways not to be a downer, she brings her books while I ride. Not the best soluation, but better than some ideas.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics again. Knowing BLT sleeps 5 and has 2 bathrooms does put it on the table....One bathroom is doable but not fun with 5 of us. heck, Michael and I don't even share a sink at home. :laughing: We've got 3 bathrooms at home which I know isn't necessary but we sure appreciate them. One for guests is so nice.

I didn't realize you are staying at BLT during your next trip too. :thumbsup2 I'll look forward to your review and pics. Isn't your cruise soon too???? :hyper:

I'm trying to plan a solo bday trip to So Cal for my birthday March. Solo as in no kids. :woohoo: I'm thinking of doing Disneyland/DCA for a day each and then staying with my girlfriend the rest of the time. My tentative dates would be DL/DCA 3/7 and 3/8. My bday is 3/7. 44; where does the time go? :faint: Let me know what you think.

I would imagine the mobility issues you and Fran face can be a pain for sure. :goodvibes Especially when she's in pain. :( Does she go on any rides? I didn't realize she didn't ride a lot. The resort time then would be extra important. I'm glad you can spoil yourselves there.​

Congrats to K!!! That's awesome. The check seems a little less painful to write when they're having fun and winning. ;) For me anyway.

It's HS soccer so no check...directly but it does then equate into checks for her to go to college ID camps. And does help justify those hefty club and travel fees. Sorta. Ouch.​

It's HS soccer so no check...directly but it does then equate into checks for her to go to college ID camps. And does help justify those hefty club and travel fees. Sorta. Ouch.

HS is nice! I wish Gab would have played HS this year. Her HS team, in all honesty stinks, but she could have made it and lettered. Next year she's trying out. This is her last year playing comp. we've had a much better experience with boys comp versus girls. :headache:

And the travel costs: ouch indeed. Found out were playing in a tournament in St. George the day after Thanksgiving. It's in southern Utah, about 5 hours away. Yay me. I suppose as a parent I'm not supposed to admit this but I really dislike traveling for kids' sports. Truly.​

This is my fudge recipe. I like that I don't have to use a candy thermometer. I have been making this for the past 15 years and it is so easy and you can change it up to make a ton of different kinds. Lexi's favorite is when I use white choc chips and dried cranberries with pecans. I am allergic to nuts so it is a treat for Jon and Lexi when I use nuts. If you want butterscotch then use butterscotch chips ect. It freezes well, the 3 of us can not eat it all before it gets to dry, so I cut it up and then freeze and when we want some we just take out what we want to eat. I also line my pan with foil and then when it is cool I just lift the fudge out and cut.

Fantasy Fudge

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla; beat until blended. Pour into greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.

:cool1: :thanks: :worship: That looks like something I can handle. Is the marshmallow cream the same as marshmallow fluff? Does it matter if you use butter instead of margarine? Clearly I don't bake much. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter