Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

Oh yummy!popcorn::

I just love Splash and WDW's rocks! :thumbsup2 I always take a ton of pictures on that ride.​

Loved the update! First day at the MK is where there are still Happy Feet....so lots of happy people!

And you went on a ride without getting a FP FIRST? :faint:

Still....POTC, BTMRR and Splash all before breakfast is a very good effort.

(And no, I'm not packed yet. That's for tonight).

I know, no FP, I need two stamps on my newbie card. One for not getting a FP and the other for pulling out the map. :lmao:

We were famished for sure. We'd done Splash twice and BTMRR twice and POTC all before food. :scared1:

Get packing! :hyper: I used to be a pre pre packer and I've turned into a night before packer. What day do you fly out? What's the time difference?​

Get packing! :hyper: I used to be a pre pre packer and I've turned into a night before packer. What day do you fly out? What's the time difference?​

It's currently just after noon on Monday here. I fly out on Thursday and cross the international dateline. I'll arrive in LAX earlier on Thursday (your Thursday) than I left Melbourne on Thursday (my Thursday). :rotfl:

PrincessInOz said:
It's currently just after noon on Monday here. I fly out on Thursday and cross the international dateline. I'll arrive in LAX earlier on Thursday (your Thursday) than I left Melbourne on Thursday (my Thursday). :rotfl:

You'll gain a day basically then! Is it difficult to acclimate? I've never traveled like that. Michael has to Africa and such and it takes him a week to get over the jet lag. I think I read a 14 hour difference in your trip report? How long is the flight?

And then you'll lose a day on the way home? :lmao:

I've been by that Marriott many times, it's a good location. We always stay Kimpton in SF and they've got some good rates out right now. Not sure how it compares but I love their hotels! Argonaut is our fav (close to that Marriott but closer to Cannery Row than FW) but currently we are booked at the Serrano for our Dec trip.

And with a zero minute wait, we broke all that is holy and rode something before obtaining a FP. :faint:

:rotfl:

7ABD46DC-7559-4D98-9D58-170526CC76A0-36989-000004189E9614BA.jpg

I have to be honest, I didn't love the whole waffle sandwich thing. We all ate enough but some did end up in the garbage. It didn't hit the spot but it did fill the void ;)

Ok I feel much better after reading this. I REALLY wanted to try the Ham, Prosciutto and Swiss one and was bummed I couldn't get it during the party (they stop them at 5).

Still, it's a cool idea.

Nice update! I don't think I'd really care for the waffle sandwich either. Not a big fan of Nutella.

Everyone looks so happy! What fun!

My wife's favorite ride!!!! (Splash Mountain)

We've decided to drag everyone on BTMRR this next trip. Last time I swear I got whiplash...the curse of being 4'11". :rotfl:

You wanna know what stood out to me in all of the photos?

M's t-shirt! Stinky's Lobsta Shack? :cool1: I want one!

I've been by that Marriott many times, it's a good location. We always stay Kimpton in SF and they've got some good rates out right now. Not sure how it compares but I love their hotels! Argonaut is our fav (close to that Marriott but closer to Cannery Row than FW) but currently we are booked at the Serrano for our Dec trip.

:rotfl:

Ok I feel much better after reading this. I REALLY wanted to try the Ham, Prosciutto and Swiss one and was bummed I couldn't get it during the party (they stop them at 5).

Still, it's a cool idea.

Michael really liked the Swiss and Prosciutto waffle but his palate is more mature than mine. :laughing: At least thats what he tells me. :rotfl2: For me to ingest carbs they've got to be either outstanding or booze. ;) I didn't think it was worth the calories. Had it been in an omelette than I could have snarfed it down.

I'll check out those hotels. They don't have to be near FW. I just want them in a good location. They aren't picky. I'll keep poking around. :thumbsup2 I'll Google the Kimpton. Is it near the trollies and transportation? I haven't been to SF in years so I'm most likely the wrong person to be choosing their hotel.​

Sounds like a great morning at MK!

It really was. :goodvibes I'm working on the rest of the day right now. That first day is always magic. I just love to breathe it in. I liked how the streets were still wet.​

Nice update! I don't think I'd really care for the waffle sandwich either. Not a big fan of Nutella.

Everyone looks so happy! What fun!

Thanks Alison, we had a ball. I don't like Nutella at all. Chloe and Mikayla are the Nutella nuts and even they didn't finish it. It was huge.​

Love your pictures! They are cheering me up as we get battered by Sandy today. :thumbsup2

Amanda

:welcome: Hi Amanda. Stay safe girl. All of my East Coast FB friends are posting about their lack of power. Have you still got power? :goodvibes

Update coming.......Sending good vibes to all of my East Coast friends here. :grouphug:

I am totally loving your trip report! AoA looks really neat. I'll be honest, I wasn't real sure what all the hype was about, but after seeing your pics it totally makes me want to check it out.

Your first day at MK sounds WONDERFUL so far!!! I love that you went against the grain and rode 3 rides without getting a single FP. I have a feeling I am going to be doing some SERIOUS research on FP strategies now that it's all changed since my Oct. 2011 trip. Of course...it will be my luck that the FP+ (or whatever it will be called) will roll out before my Oct 2013 trip and I will have to start the planning all over. :faint:

I am a HUGE Nutella fan....I think the waffle looks delicious!! I might have to try that next time.

My wife's favorite ride!!!! (Splash Mountain)

We've decided to drag everyone on BTMRR this next trip. Last time I swear I got whiplash...the curse of being 4'11". :rotfl:

You wanna know what stood out to me in all of the photos?

M's t-shirt! Stinky's Lobsta Shack? :cool1: I want one!

I got the shirt in Nantucket. When I make it back, and I will ;), I'll grab you one. Hilarious huh?

Are you only 4'11? I'm just 5 feet. Gawd good things come in small packages! :dance3:

We must have rode Splash no less than 15 times this trip. Once you're wet you may as well. :p

I got the shirt in Nantucket. When I make it back, and I will ;), I'll grab you one. Hilarious huh?

Are you only 4'11? I'm just 5 feet. Gawd good things come in small packages! :dance3:

We must have rode Splash no less than 15 times this trip. Once you're wet you may as well. :p

Oh, we'll just go with you. You don't mind, right? We're fun. And if you give us a drink or two, we'll dance on tables. ;)

The BEST things come in small packages. :flower3:

I am totally loving your trip report! AoA looks really neat. I'll be honest, I wasn't real sure what all the hype was about, but after seeing your pics it totally makes me want to check it out.

Your first day at MK sounds WONDERFUL so far!!! I love that you went against the grain and rode 3 rides without getting a single FP. I have a feeling I am going to be doing some SERIOUS research on FP strategies now that it's all changed since my Oct. 2011 trip. Of course...it will be my luck that the FP+ (or whatever it will be called) will roll out before my Oct 2013 trip and I will have to start the planning all over. :faint:

I am a HUGE Nutella fan....I think the waffle looks delicious!! I might have to try that next time.

Thank you. :goodvibes AoA is really neat. They didn't miss a beat. If it had more amenities, we could have stayed longer. Where are you staying in 2013?

If you like Nutella, you'll love it. It had a ton of fresh fruit. And if you get one, share. It's a full thick waffle.

It was difficult for me to get used to the FP rule being enforced. We were huge FP collectors so we really had to be mindful of where we were in order not to back track a ton. The one good thing, for me, was that it forced my thrill seeking family to try things they normally would balk at like The PeopleMover and Country Bears. I changed some ADRs too due to FP times. It did impact the trip, not negatively but it made me think more and changed the way we tour the parks. I guess I'll just have to go back and practice to get better at it. :cool1:

Oh, we'll just go with you. You don't mind, right? We're fun. And if you give us a drink or two, we'll dance on tables. ;)

The BEST things come in small packages. :flower3:

Hell to the YEAH! That'd be a blast. Can we get kicked off an island for being too cool? :cool2:

Chloe would agree with that. At 4'9 and 3/4" and only about 9 months left on her shots, she's looking at 4'11" too. :thumbsup2

After waffle fest, it was time to head to Tomorrowland. My family was needing a Space Mountain fix for sure. Space is Joshuas favorite by far. Hes so odd with his coaster choices. He loves Space and RnR but doesnt like ToT or Splash. Ive concluded its the feeling of dropping that he doesnt enjoy.

Still the oddest feeling not walking away with some FPs but we knew we wouldnt be return before the ride time. Ill tell ya, as much as Michael bagged on me for all of the ride and park apps on my phone, they sure came in handy when wanting to know FP return times as well as when needing to change ADRs. :teeth:

The hub. I heart the hub. Do they call it the hub at WDW or just at Disneyland? In any event, I heart it. The girls by another awesome duo:

FE9F5121-E67C-4788-BAFD-33610F3697A4-36989-00000418A557B1D5.jpg

Space was a 10 minute wait which is basically because it takes a few minutes to walk through the queue. We grabbed FPs and rode.

More tacky broad pics but these are even better because there are words across them. :lmao:

CB60572D-7E2C-4616-9099-673D0F81A3E4-36989-00000418B2EE57D9.jpg

D7CD8F38-5686-4C5D-B6FD-3D06CF18B1C4-36989-00000418BA7086B1.jpg

Buzz was next and a walk on. :woohoo:

We hit up Stitch which is so lame. Stitch has potential but its such a gigantically stupid ride as it sits now. :laughing:

Then one of Gabbys favorites; CoP:

7BA14072-B95F-46AA-8810-D13B98D93137-51012-0000058EBC83974B.jpg

C57278C2-8232-4DE1-890E-666C83499050-51012-0000058ECCF9E245.jpg

Another spin on Space:

A280F4D4-3FBD-4739-9E6D-F43F9F951F3A-36989-00000418D2A006D8.jpg
51C541FF-8E51-4A8B-910A-4ECEC60DB305-36989-00000418DAAEB3B2.jpg

After about an hour in TL it was time for a little Fantasyland fix. I had read there were soft openings of the new Fantasyland so I thought we should take a look. We made it to the circus part but at this point, I had no idea that Gastons was open or any of that side of Fantasyland. I had done very little FL research as I knew it was closed. My family agreed to a whopping 5 minute spin inside the new circus part. It was cute but until I have grandbabies, which I hope isnt anytime soon, I just wont spend much time there. Later in the trip we get to see the other part of the FL expansion and its much cooler than the circus part. It was impossible to get a picture without someone else in it:

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

IASW. I live with haters:

DSC04129.jpg

Joshuas wedding:

59BEA327-5317-4BA7-AAF6-C3F7F5686767-51012-0000058E75208300.jpg

A little pre-show Philharmagic fun:

DSC04124.jpg

DSC04125.jpg

We also rode Peter Pan but I didnt get any photos. This time.

Sorry about the quality of the above photos. They arent the best. :blush:

I had received a text from Jenna and they were close so we decided to test our DVC pixiedust and hope for a ready THV. It was in the upper 80s and my crew was hot and a little tired; they had been up since 6:30 at this point. I had done online check in and because we were early, I was hoping we wouldn't have much of a wait........

Michael really liked the Swiss and Prosciutto waffle but his palate is more mature than mine. :laughing: At least thats what he tells me. :rotfl2: For me to ingest carbs they've got to be either outstanding or booze. ;) I didn't think it was worth the calories. Had it been in an omelette than I could have snarfed it down.

LOL! That's pretty funny.

I'll check out those hotels. They don't have to be near FW. I just want them in a good location. They aren't picky. I'll keep poking around. :thumbsup2 I'll Google the Kimpton. Is it near the trollies and transportation? I haven't been to SF in years so I'm most likely the wrong person to be choosing their hotel.

Kimpton is actually a chain of boutique hotels. Just google them. There are 7 I think in the SF area. Can't go wrong. LOVE them!

I had received a text from Jenna and they were close so we decided to test our DVC pixiedust and hope for a ready THV. It was in the upper 80s and my crew was hot and a little tired; they had been up since 6:30 at this point. I had done online check in and because we were early, I was hoping we wouldnt have much of a wait........

Very productive morning and little waiting, if at all. Nicely done! I bet they were hot and tired..and ready for some serious pool time.

I forgot to post this on our way out of MK:

F78D926A-69FF-4FD2-B005-BE5EAA4C3AA1-53222-000005D015890C74.jpg

We left MK, eager to see our friends and excited to see our THV. I had bugged my family to no end about where they wanted to stay. After much deliberation and a few threads we decided on the THV and AKV Kidani. I’ll get to Kidani later but now it’s THV villa time. :woohoo:

Before we knew it, we were on our way to SSR and the THV.

DSC04154.jpg

8B9411F4-29E2-4A65-BEDF-77EA7A6608E3-53222-000005CAB2EAF8B7.jpg

Once we arrived my family did our normal dance- I check in and they check things out. They met the coolest CM. I don’t recall his name and can’t zoom in close enough for my old eyes to read his name tag but he noticed the kids’ pins and offered to bring out his pin board so they could trade with him. I was so in awe of finally being home that I’m really glad Michael snapped these few photos.

DSC04137.jpg

DSC04138.jpg

DSC04139.jpg

DSC04140.jpg

Villa pixiedust flourished, our THV #7018 was ready. pixiedust: I think it was about 2:30 pm. We were on our way! But not before bell services grabbed our 31 bags. ::yes:: we went from 7 to 31 bags with all the groceries I bought. I went seriously overboard. Like certifiable overboard. :crazy2: And the 31 does include Chloe’s sheet cake. These are before the cart is loaded:

DSC04141.jpg

A43DFE9E-D9C9-4511-B8F7-9578F54A6F91-3085-0000005181C3D7EA.jpg

Some of these pics have been posted but for those just tuning in, I thought it would be helpful to repost them:

DSC04143.jpg

DSC04145.jpg

DSC04146.jpg

DSC04147.jpg

DSC04148.jpg

DSC04151.jpg

254F6823-A354-439E-B0A9-D74895A8C1E6-3085-0000005165025920.jpg

AFD7C2DB-075F-4D8A-9090-881B98677393-3085-000000516B3E5629.jpg

1AC8CB89-4021-4625-AC7D-9FF05658DF37-3085-000000516F9A684A.jpg

07ADB02B-AB5C-4F94-9AAA-5991188906A8-3085-00000051740ADC8A.jpg

Cont in next post.....​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter