Life for 21 and over?

sleezy18

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what dorm life, night life etc. was for those who are 21 and over?

Gratzi. :)

Really? Nobody? Nothing at all?

I haven't started my CP yet so I probably can't answer this very well. Obviously I can't comment on dorm life. But I have spent a lot of time in the Orlando area outside of the parks.

I can tell you that there are clubs in the city of Orlando, just your standard dance clubs and lounges. And ever since most of Pleasure Island closed, Universal Citywalk has better nightlife :eek: They have a pretty good reggae club, a dance club called the Groove, Pat O'briens, and one of those karaoke places where you sing with a live band. There's also the Hard Rock there which has good concerts sometimes.

There's also Old Town. I've seen people on the boards say to stay away from here, but I've been there dozens of times and I like it. It really does not seem unsafe to me in the slightest. It's just a big carnival/shopping and dining area. It's a little grimey but is has charm. And closer to Disney there is every chain restaurant ever on I drive.

And of course you can always just go to the parks!!

We spent a lot of our time wherever had drink specials. Buffalo Wild Wings was a big favorite because it was within walking/cheap cab distance, they catered to the CP's with certain nights and events. TGIFridays as well for their happy hour, it's in the same shopping center as BWW so also walkable or easy to get a cab to. Ale House has ladies nights and was also about a $10 or under cab ride. Sunday nights there's free admission to House of Blues. We didn't go to downtown Orlando very often but when we did it was a big production but worth it. You can call the cab companies and get big van cabs and take a group for a set price per person and that includes drop off and pick up. Best way to go even if you do have a car, that way no one has to be the designated driver.

There is lots

1) Stay in Disney Housing and have fun. Being over 21 doesn't mean its a buzzkill. You can drink there and invite other people as well just make sure they are over 21, if they aren't and you get caught just start packing.

2) Drink in actual parks as in drinking around the world in Epcot is fun not much of a night life though

3) There is always Buffalo Wild Wings and the Ale house. Right down the road, good deals and most likely will run into other CP's.

4) Old Town usually a more older crowd and usually locals who want nothing to do with you.

5) City walk but a little bit more of a travel, and it could get expensive.

6) Downtown Orlando and Church St. area. Lots of bars and clubs there big night life scene.

7) Usually befriend a cast member who is local and they have parties at their place happened to me lots of times during my CP.

There is lots

1) Stay in Disney Housing and have fun. Being over 21 doesn't mean its a buzzkill. You can drink there and invite other people as well just make sure they are over 21, if they aren't and you get caught just start packing.

2) Drink in actual parks as in drinking around the world in Epcot is fun not much of a night life though

3) There is always Buffalo Wild Wings and the Ale house. Right down the road, good deals and most likely will run into other CP's.

4) Old Town usually a more older crowd and usually locals who want nothing to do with you.

5) City walk but a little bit more of a travel, and it could get expensive.

6) Downtown Orlando and Church St. area. Lots of bars and clubs there big night life scene.

7) Usually befriend a cast member who is local and they have parties at their place happened to me lots of times during my CP.

#1 is not true. You can have people under 21 at your apartment anytime you want. You could get smashed in a room full of 18 year olds as long as they aren't caught drinking and it's your nonwellness apartment.

It can be kind of subjective when it comes to having underage people in your apartment when there's drinking or a party going on. In theory it's fine if they're there but there can be a lot more to it if you end up in a situation where security gets involved. Just use your better judgement. If there's a lot going on and there's the potential for things to get out of hand/security called, the last thing you need is anyone underage nearby so that there's speculation as to if they were drinking or not.
I'm probably in the minority when I say that I never thought the Price Managment security was unfair or difficult to get along with.

It can be kind of subjective when it comes to having underage people in your apartment when there's drinking or a party going on. In theory it's fine if they're there but there can be a lot more to it if you end up in a situation where security gets involved. Just use your better judgement. If there's a lot going on and there's the potential for things to get out of hand/security called, the last thing you need is anyone underage nearby so that there's speculation as to if they were drinking or not.
I'm probably in the minority when I say that I never thought the Price Managment security was unfair or difficult to get along with.

Yeah you def are. I thought they were rude and on power trips other than a select few of them but thats a different story.:thumbsup2

I think I'm going to have to join you in that minority,Price Management never seemed that bad to me either, aside from one incident with my friend locking herself out they were never particularly rude or power hungry.

I think I'm going to have to join you in that minority,Price Management never seemed that bad to me either, aside from one incident with my friend locking herself out they were never particularly rude or power hungry.

I locked myself out and had to wait about 2 hours before they had time to come and open the door. Then our front door broke and it took them about a week to fix it. They told one of my room mates that the problem wasn't high on their priority list when he called to ask about why it wasn't fixed.

I locked myself out and had to wait about 2 hours before they had time to come and open the door. Then our front door broke and it took them about a week to fix it. They told one of my room mates that the problem wasn't high on their priority list when he called to ask about why it wasn't fixed.

Yeah they were terrible at handling things like that, I meant 'party/rule' wise they never seemed so bad. With my friends lockout though they took HOURS. Not to mention it was late and we all had early workdays the next day, but didn't want to be rude and leave our friend alone and locked out, so we stayed up waiting the 3+ hours with her at the apt. next door.

My roommates aren't much fun at all, and we're all over 21. So don't get excited and think you'll immediately have friends to party with. You might get some duds! haha. So my apartment life is pretty lazy... Everyone likes to stay inside. On their computers. Or watching weird movies.

Ale House has Ladies' Night on Tuesday nights, where girls drink free from 9-Midnight.

Buffalo Wild Wings at Crossroads is super popular for CP's on Wednesday nights. They have karaoke and $2 drink specials.

People go to House of Blues on Sunday and Monday nights. Sunday is Service Industry Night and Monday is Latin Night. I'm not a fan of HOB, though, so I tend to steer clear.

Of course, EPCOT is one of the best places to go try different things. Had my first Sake in Japan, first legitimate Mexican margarita, etc.

It's easier to go out if you have work hours that let you off earlier at night. Most people at MK don't get off work til Midnight and later, depending on the time of year and day of the week. But if you're off work earlier, chances are you have to BE at work earlier the next day, so you have to perfect the art of staying out until 2 and waking up at 9.

I've had my fair share of drunken partying the first month I was here, so now I'm just taking it easy. I still love to go out with my work friends and stuff, but the alcohol's not a part of my diet. Regardless of whether or not you drink, going out is a lot of fun!

I don't go to downtown Orlando, simply because it takes about 30 minutes to get there. Easiest places to go are places the bus takes you. Free DD.

I am still pending, I am from Las Vegas if I get accepted I will turn 21 in Orlando! :)

I did spring advantage 2010 and I'm not sure I would have had as much fun if I wasn't 21!! There is definitely a lot to do in the area...Check out my youtube page, it has videos of us at House of Blues, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ibar (Orlando), Disney Boardwalk, Univeral Studios Mardi Gras, and more! http://www.youtube.com/thecplife

I did spring advantage 2010 and I'm not sure I would have had as much fun if I wasn't 21!! There is definitely a lot to do in the area...Check out my youtube page, it has videos of us at House of Blues, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ibar (Orlando), Disney Boardwalk, Univeral Studios Mardi Gras, and more!

I'm a little skeptical about the Mardi Gras. I'm from New Orleans so I can't imagine it getting that crazy- but I will be back in NOLA for Mardi Gras 2012

Ladies night sounds go great though :)

for those willing to make the trip, the UCF area has plenty of bars with GREAT deals (low cover/cheap or free drinks). keep in mind that most of these are your typical college/dive bars, but there's still plenty of eye candy.

i've been to knight library and fubar before, pretty fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter