Libery Tree Tavern

cam&chris

Mouseketeer
We have an ADR for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern during our trip. We are going specifically so my mom can have the pot roast LOL. She remembers this from waaaayyy back in 1978 when we went when I was only 10 - hopefully it's as good as she remembers and they haven't changed the recipe in 33 years LOL.

My question though is what else is good on the menu. I am leaning towards the roast beef sandwich but am open to other suggestions. Anything that is NOT very good there?

I had the chicken and dumplings and it was excellent but I made that my main meal of the day

Have been there almost every trip and haven't had anything bad yet! :) Hope your Mom loves her pot roast!!

I recently had the fried cheese and declaration salad with strawberry vinegrette and was quite happy with that. I actually booked the ADR specifically to try the fried cheese and wasn't disappointed. Of course eating like that left room for the ooey gooey toffee cake which is as good as the name and its reputation suggest.

For entrée alternates,try
. . . the Colony Salad (with apples)
. . . the Fresh Catch of the Day

Our Ratings of Liberty Town Tavern (Lunch): (12/12/2010)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The lunch at LTT is pleasant and a nice
way to spend some time in air conditioning. The
food is above average and (for Disney) priced
reasonably. Try the Crab and Spinach Dip for two,
the New England Pot Roast, then the Ooey Gooey
Toffee Cake. There are no stellar eats within MK
for price vs food quality, but this is probably
the best of the in-park restaurants for lunch.

. . . food quality: B
Just wondering how Liberty Tree Tavern scores a B for food quality but you only give Artist Point a C?

My salad at Liberty Tree Tavern seemed to be lettuce from a bag with overly sweetened dressing. Even the worst salad at Artist Point is fresher, contains higher quality ingredients, and is more inspired and unique. And my turkey platter was like standard cafeteria food, while Artist Point was far above standard.

Maybe LTT is a better value than Artist Point, but in terms of quality, I'm completely baffled by the scoring discrepancy above.

We liked the Pilgrim's Feast (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, string beans).... my girls split and adult portion and absolutely devoured it!

DH and I had the pot roast a couple years ago and it was sooo delicious, but the fried onion straws on top really made it for me. It looks like now though, from all the recent pictures I've seen of the pot roast, the onion straws have been removed. Too bad, since they were the best part. Hopefully the rest of that dish is still as tasty as ever.

I agree with previous posters who said the burgers are good. We always get the OoeyGooey Toffe Cake also. Delicious!

The pot roast is the reason we always make LTT the last place we eat before we leave. It's my favorite and the best on the property. I've tried it at Prime Time and it was horrid. I've tried it at Boatwrights and it was horrid. I've tried it a Rain Forest Cafe and it was horrid.

We ate there in Janurary, I had the Pilgrim's Feast and I can't remember what dh had. The Pilgrims Feast I figured should have been just like what we had when we ate there for a character meal back in 2008, so I ordered that. Honestly, it wasn't as good as I remembered. I think I'd built it up too much in my mind and it couldn't live up to my expectations/memories if that makes sense. It was okay food, just not what I remembered from last time.

I've been there several times. However, I've only had the pot roast. After the first time, I couldn't bring myself to order anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter