Liberty Tree Tavern?

lilasmom

DIS Veteran
Accidentally posted this on the resort board!

How is dinner here? We've never done and am considering it for our next trip. I'm not that thrilled it's sponsored by Stouffers. Stouffers is ok, but bland in my opinion. To get an idea of what we like and don't like- Ohana like, but had to convince husband to do it again. Tusker breakfast, Boma, Crystal Palace breakfast, Plaza. Don't like CP lunch or dinner, Chef Mickey, Tonys. We're paying OOP so I'd like some advice. Thanks!

LTT is no longer sponsored by Stouffer's. Ocean Spray is the current sponsor. My family prefer's lunch at LTT for the greater choice of menu items. We think dinner there is just ok.

Are you set on the meal here being dinner? Because I've never been for dinner, but they have a turkey dinner at lunch that is amazing. Usually DH and I go at lunch on arrival day and split one turkey dinner and we are stuffed. So you could do a late lunch here, each get your own meal, and just grab a snack later? (They have a full menu, we just always get the turkey because it's so good.)

We've never been for dinner, as it doesn't appeal to me, but the lunch is yummy! We love the salad and the pot roast! Yummmmm

Dinner is what we consider traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The food is great. The turkey is moist and the gravy did not even need salt. We do not do a mac and cheese for Thanksgiving but this one is really good and it is all you can eat which for us has always been just more vegis---somehow we never get enough vegis. I prefer the family style meals over the buffet even though the selection is limited.

We enjoyed the dinner at LTT. It was perfect to be able to go sit down and have them bring us the food without having to figure out what we wanted after a long day, and the food was really good! The waitress was friendly and the atmosphere was nice.

My family loves the LTT dinner. It is really good food- good rolls, good turkey, good sides and cobbler for dessert I believe. It's my DH's favorite. :goodvibes

My family has done dinner, several times, and lunch just this past February at LTT. We love both. That being said, as others have pointed out, you have to generally like the Thanksgiving style food that is served for dinner. We do and we have found it to be delicious. We have settled on it being where we go on our first day, as we like to begin at the MK and having a filling no-thought meal of comfort food after a travel day is relaxing.

Lunch has more variety and is delicious. A good option if the Turkey/beef/ham doesn't appeal to some family members.

My family has traditionally eaten at LTT every single WDW trip for 12 trips (we however desperately miss the character meal they used to have here) .. we love it!! It's a quaint New England style tavern with traditional thanksgiving food. While it's not a 5 star restaurant. ... It's definitely good hearty all you can eat family style food and my family would never think of visiting MK without making a dinner ADR at LTT

We were just there last week and I would agree that it was just OK. We ate at Garden Grill the night before, which has a similar menu and preferred Garden Grill over Liberty Tree Tavern. If in a future trip I could only do one of these, I would do Garden Grill. But if you really want to eat st MK table service, I'm sure you will have edible food at Liberty Tree, althiugh it may not be that memorable (again, similar to Thanksgiving).

Lunch, for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. I wouldn't do dinner, but that's just b/c they don't offer this dessert at that time.

can't speak for the dinner but we just had lunch here and loved it! blt sandwich and toffee cake!!! it was fantastic!

I definitely recommend lunch if you are paying OOP. There are some pretty inexpensive options on the menu at lunch time. The pot roast is EXCELLENT

Liberty Tree is underated. Get their ooey gooey toffee cake! We like it for OOP lunch. We have enjoyed all the meals we have had here.

We had dinner there a couple weeks ago, I thought LTT was very good. All the meats, especially the beef, were excellent and the sides were very good. Dessert was a cranberry cake and ice cream that was also very good.

Its over rated.. I think its expensive especially if you are paying out of pocket. when it had characters it was worth the cost. but the food is just ok. lunch is better than dinner

We eat at LTT everytime we go to Disney. This past December, it was even better than all the previous years. The meat was so flavorful, we couldn't get enough. We have always done dinner and have always enjoyed it. A big plus is that you don't have to leave the park.

My family has never had a bad meal when we have eaten here for lunch or dinner. This has been a main staple for us for several years now.

Echoing the sentiments of the other posters, dinner at LTT is good, culinary-wise, but it's got a limited set menu of Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings.

Lunch has a much greater variety, including the famous pot roast and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake dessert, both of which are "not to be missed".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter