Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace for dinner-which would you choose and why?

Liberty Tree, because it's way more relaxing, the food is good, and you can get the major characters (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale) out of the way.

We've eaten at both and liked eachof them but for different reasons.

LTT is like a thanksgiving meal. It's sit down and they bring it to you. We liked it because the food was good and there was plenty of it. The charecters were great too. The only minus was that when you arrive you are waiting in a huge room with a lot of people and they call yur name out but not on a speaker just a person walking around yelling. This is ok if the "yeller" is loud and your paying attention. It can get very crowded and loud in the waiting area.

CP was great also. The food was wonderful and there was a great choice but it is a buffet so you do have to walk up and wait in line for it if it's crowded. We also had to wait outside for the meal because there really isn't any inside waiting area. This was ok with us because we went at lunch time. The charecters were great here too.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

CP. there is a much bigger selection of food and I dont like the food offered at LTT

Crystal Palace, the food is much better for us.

If doing one of the parties at MK, LTT is nice. The atmosphere is cute and the character interaction is some of the best. We did this for MNSSHP and I enjoyed it very much.I was able to eat the food, but I can't say that I liked it. Glad we did it. My DH won't go back.....:mad: He really didn't like the food....:headache: (very spoiled by MY Thanksgiving dinner) Oh well...:rolleyes1

By the way, they (LTT) brought french fries for my son since he wasn't fond of any of the offerings... Very nice of them :goodvibes

We love CP and are doing it again this year. They have a great selection, the peel and eat shrimp were a good size and very mildly spiced, they had alot of choices and overall the food was very fresh and good. This is the only place you will find Tigger, Pooh and the gang. All of the kids in our family asked to go back ages 3, 6, 8, 10. The desserts are wonderful!!!

I vote for LTT. We have eaten at both and actually try to eat at them both every trip, but LTT is more relaxing and they bring the food to us, not us getting up and walking around a buffet. Both have great food, but the LTT is just so laid back and quiet compared to CP, which is bright and loud (dancing around of characters).

Crystal Palace has such a wide variety of choices. We've always enjoyed our meals here.
LTT is on our list for this Sept.

We eat at CP for breakfast and LTT for dinner almost every trip. For us it's because we love the CP bfast offerings and waking up to Pooh & Friends. The food at LTT is awesome for dinner and this way we get the best of both worlds. :)

I vote for LTT...we've done it on both trips and are doing it again this Sept. Reason being that it's family style and, depending on your party, the getting up and down at a buffet gets tiresome. I did seriously consider it for the upcoming trip, b/c I know they'd love eat w/ Pooh, and we've only done it once 3 years ago, but the buffet part is keepign me away.

We are doing a buffet (Chef M's) and that will be our one up and down for food, I don't want 2 of them!

We've enjoyed meals at both but prefer CP. The food has a lot more variety and isn't so plain "meat and potatoes".

I have eaten at both restaurants..CP for Breakfast which I found very good and LTT for dinner. LTT had a great atmosphere but the food was dry and overcooked...The food was definately sitting under a heating lamp for a long period of time.

My suggestion to you is..if you have kids 7 and under go to CP..the atmosphere there, in my opinion, is for young kids...my kids are 6, 7 and 10 and when we went to WDW in November my kids didn't want to see The Winnie The Pooh characters..

Have a great trip! ;)

We haven't been to CP, so I can't tell you which place is better. However, we ate at LTT in February, and we all thought it was great. The food is basic, but I thought it was very good. You get ham, turkey, beef, potatoes and gravy, stuffing and some excellent green beans. Plus, rolls and salad to start with and some sort of apple pie/ice cream for dessert. I don't think I was too crazy about the salad, but I thought the rest of the meal was really good. The characters were terrific, too. I know someone had mentioned that you have to wait in the lobby for someone to yell your name, but we had a pager. Maybe they used to do the yelling, but that wasn't the case for our visit.

When we go back to Disney World in a couple years, I'm sure we'll go back to LTT. We'll probably also try to do a meal at CP. Whatever you choose, I hope you have a wonderful time!

I absolutely love LTT!!!! We have gone every year for the last 3 years. They have great food, a really cozy atmosphere and great character interaction.

I haven't been to CP yet, but we decided to do the character breakfast this year.

We ate at both on our last trip.

Liberty Tree - pro's- great atmosphere and great character interaction!! Loved the costumes and the layed back atmosphere
con's - just didn't care for the food. It tasted like it came out of a frozen food section. I just wasn't impressed with the food here at all, but we were glad we went, but we won't do this one again.

Crystal Palace - pro's- food was good and a lot of variety. Characters were great, can't beat getting to see Eeyore (my fav). Restaurant is beautiful.
con's-it's a buffet, but that doesn't really bother us.
We are going to go back to Crystal Palace again this year, but we are going to try breakfast.

CP is always *VERY* busy and crowded. For dinner, I'd go with LTT. The food is very comforting and good and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed.

I would do Crystal Palace, unless you dislike buffets. (I love them.)

There are LOTS of choices at the buffet. I made a meal out of the varied salads, veggies, and desserts alone; my DH had shrimp, salads, and some hot entrees; my dd probably had chicken nuggets and dessert. (If you have any people with special menu needs--e.g., picky eaters, vegetarians--you are probably better off here.) The restaurant is very pretty, and the character interaction fun. They have a parade about every 30 minutes where kids can march along. Okay, okay, I marched along too! (My dd wanted to, but wanted me to come.) You only live once!

I do like Liberty Tree Tavern, but my understanding is that it is sponsored by Stouffer's, and that the dinner is in essence the Stouffer's thanksgiving dinner. I have plenty of Stouffer's Lean Cuisine in my freezer, so this is not meant as a put down of that brand at all, but when I'm on vacation, I'd like something a little different. The LUNCH at LTT offers a somewhat more varied menu, so I would recommend that if you want to try to the restaurant. I had a very nice salad there a couple years back...maybe The Colony Salad?

By the way, I LIKE the way they call each family individually at LTT! IIRC, they yell your name and state, e.g., "The Anderson Family from Connecticut!" Maybe this makes me a big cornball, but I like little touches that fit the theme like that. (I wonder what they do if you are from England, though.)

Liberty Tree, because it's way more relaxing, the food is good, and you can get the major characters (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale) out of the way.

I agree 100% with this statement... Our entire family loves this one... We love the characters and atmosphere....

I also think the food is better at LTT for dinner... We really like CP for breakfast but can totally skip the lunch/dinner selection (I know we are in the minority on this)... Sorry;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter