• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Tavern or Be Our Guest for Dinner ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Which should we choose for a reservation around 7:00 pm ? Which as the best food ? We have not eaten at either one so I'm not real sure.

Never ate at BOG, but we do make LTT every trip. Never had a bad meal there!:thumbsup2

Well, it's a tough call. We've eaten at both. Liberty Tree is great for All-You-Can-Eat comfort-style food. Be Our Guest (if you can actually GET a reservation or walk-up seating) is brand-new, a GREAT ambiance and we were VERY pleasantly surprised with the quality of food, service, pricing. Make sure you walk around and tour the different rooms and pay attention to all the details the Imagineers put into place, very nice.

Be Our Guest gets my vote! The food was good, and the restaurant is beautiful!

Hummm still undecided :confused3 Right now I just checked and can get a reservation for either restaurant. I really like the menu for LTT a little better but BOG looks so awesome . Help ! :rotfl: I probably need to hurry and decide while BOG still has reservations.

Grab the reservation for BOG while you can and change it to LTT in a few days if that's what you decide after more thought.

Interesting thread, I am thinking of doing both on our trip, I like the menu of LTT, not sure the younger members of group would like it though 4yr and 7yr twin girls

Yes not sure DGD will like the food at BOG. I just made a reservation though for 7:25 pm until I can decide.

BOG! I do like both. However LTT is fairly easy to get a reservation for. Also, I prefer lunch at LTT to the dinner.

Interesting thread, I am thinking of doing both on our trip, I like the menu of LTT, not sure the younger members of group would like it though 4yr and 7yr twin girls

When we went, my son was 9. He loved it. He loved the mac n cheese and couldn't stop eating the beef. It was really good. According to many people on here, the mac n cheese is Stouffers, so if they like that, then they will be fine. It's all you can eat, so they can keep bringing it out.

BOG has the best experience. We have always eaten at Liberty Tree, but our family has switched to BOG. Food choices are larges and they taste better. Since Liberty Tree went with the Craisin sponsorship, it has gone down hill to me.

BOG has more food variety. It's my choice, but I also have a weird kid who would rather eat fish than turkey or beef any day.

BOG has more food variety. It's my choice, but I also have a weird kid who would rather eat fish than turkey or beef any day.

Me, too. My son is looking forward to the salmon. That is, if we can get reservations.

Love Liberty Tree Tavern (though maybe more for lunch than dinner) and was just not that in love with BOG. You have no way of controlling what room you eat in. We were walked through the ballroom (which is stunning) and seated in the West wing. Thankfully I had a flashlight in my purse or we wouldn't have been able to read the menu. It is so dark and even depressing in that room and with the almost constant thunder rumblings and cracks of lightning it was hard to carry on a conversation. When walking out we also noticed that they were using the rose room for overflow and that room seemed neglected some how with only a few tables being used. The food was nothing to rave about either. Glad we did it once but have no interest to do it again.

Thanks for all of your opinions :) Anyone else please feel free to add your experiences. Right now I'm leaning towards BOG but may change it if convinced LTT is better :rotfl:

Love Liberty Tree Tavern (though maybe more for lunch than dinner) and was just not that in love with BOG. You have no way of controlling what room you eat in. We were walked through the ballroom (which is stunning) and seated in the West wing. Thankfully I had a flashlight in my purse or we wouldn't have been able to read the menu. It is so dark and even depressing in that room and with the almost constant thunder rumblings and cracks of lightning it was hard to carry on a conversation. When walking out we also noticed that they were using the rose room for overflow and that room seemed neglected some how with only a few tables being used. The food was nothing to rave about either. Glad we did it once but have no interest to do it again.

I have read that you can request a certain room when checking in ?

It's really a personal preference, but based on menu along, we'd prefer LTT for dinner. Have eaten there and I LOVED it! But then Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite meal of the year and LTT reminded me of that.

On our last trip, I was dying to try BOG. But after looking at both menus, our whole family decided the lunch menu appealed to us more than the dinner menu. We did go for lunch and really enjoyed it.

My actual suggestion would be to do a lunch at BOG and then dinner at LTT. At BOG lunch, you seat yourself, so can sit anywhere you like. You order at the little kiosks and then the food is brought to you on carts, on real plates. You do get your own drinks and silverware--but it's real silverware! Doesn't feel like a typical CS meal at all.

So lunch there and dinner at LTT--best of both worlds!

It's really a personal preference, but based on menu along, we'd prefer LTT for dinner. Have eaten there and I LOVED it! But then Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite meal of the year and LTT reminded me of that.

On our last trip, I was dying to try BOG. But after looking at both menus, our whole family decided the lunch menu appealed to us more than the dinner menu. We did go for lunch and really enjoyed it.

My actual suggestion would be to do a lunch at BOG and then dinner at LTT. At BOG lunch, you seat yourself, so can sit anywhere you like. You order at the little kiosks and then the food is brought to you on carts, on real plates. You do get your own drinks and silverware--but it's real silverware! Doesn't feel like a typical CS meal at all.

So lunch there and dinner at LTT--best of both worlds!

That sounds like a good idea but I wonder if it would be hard to get into BOG without fastpass ? Because we will be using our fastpasses for other things. We will be going during memorial day week so expect there to be more people in the parks. Hope I'm wrong about the crowds though lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter