• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Tavern - Menu Change for 50th?!

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
Hello All,

I noticed today that LibertyTree Tavern is listing “Pennsylvania Pot Roast” as the only entree on their menu! Have they done away with the Patriot’s Platter? Serving beef only seems very limiting….I hope it’s a menu error and that they still offer turkey and roast pork in addition to the pot roast.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm in the next few days.

Hello All,

I noticed today that LibertyTree Tavern is listing “Pennsylvania Pot Roast” as the only entree on their menu! Have they done away with the Patriot’s Platter? Serving beef only seems very limiting….I hope it’s a menu error and that they still offer turkey and roast pork in addition to the pot roast.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm in the next few days.
That would not go well for us! Where's the turkey?! Sigh, looks like I'll be booking a backup just in case.

That would not go well for us! Where's the turkey?! Sigh, looks like I'll be booking a backup just in case.
I just found a post on Instagram from lunch today that confirms the patriot’s platter is still the menu! Phew lol. Turkey, pork roast, pot roast, stuffing, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans etc…

Yet on the wdw dining reservation page where you can view menu , it shows differently. No turkey, pork, seasonal vegetables, or Mac and cheese.
However, the full menu is listed for Diamond Horseshoe.
Very confusing.

That has definitely just changed in the last few days! I looked at the Diamond Horseshoe menu last night for the first time and thought it was odd that it was the LTT menu, but didn't think to look at LTT at the time.

I noticed the same thing today and was just about to post the question. If you look at the bottom of the menu page where it lists the allergy recommendations, the patriot platter and some of the sides are listed, so hoping it’s an error.

We ate there yesterday. The menu only shows pot roast and the server only mentioned pot roast. I was fine with that because that's my favourite part of the platter but then my plate came with all of the normal food.

I just did an online chat in the Disney website. The CM said that if you scroll down to the allergy section, turkey, pot roast and pork are all listed so they must be offered. I'm still going to see if I can find a direct phone number to the restaurant. This will be my DH's birthday celebration meal and he only eats the turkey for the meat portion. He had been in the hospital twice in July and this will be a celebration for him!

I just did an online chat in the Disney website. The CM said that if you scroll down to the allergy section, turkey, pot roast and pork are all listed so they must be offered. I'm still going to see if I can find a direct phone number to the restaurant. This will be my DH's birthday celebration meal and he only eats the turkey for the meat portion. He had been in the hospital twice in July and this will be a celebration for him!
Please let is know if you find anything else out from the direct line. Our family is the same about turkey as the only meat portion.

Please let is know if you find anything else out from the direct line. Our family is the same about turkey as the only meat portion.
They had turkey (and all their other usual foods) yesterday when we ate there.

Every number that I found was for Disney Dining except for one from 2004. I tried calling that one just to see but it just rang and rang lol. Sorry!

They had turkey (and all their other usual foods) yesterday when we ate there.

We would love that but with the menu saying only pot roast I would hate to have my DH disappointed on his birthday. Disney does like to remove things from their menus! We'll just have to check when we're down there.
Just would have liked to definitely know what they are doing so that we could plan a substitute restaurant if need be.

We finally are eating at Liberty Tree, but now I’m not so sure. If they truly changed the menu up, I might just cancel and hit up a quick service that evening.

I spoke to a CM via chat that also confirmed the menu is still the traditional family style platter & sides. They referenced the allergy menu as well as the fact that Diamond Horseshoe serves the identical menu. So should still be turkey, pot roast, pork, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, green beans etc…

I think it’s more likely a Disney website/IT issue. Though it would be great if someone dining there soon could post a pic of the real menu from the restaurant. I know many use QR code’s but they still have some hard copy/paper menus if you ask.

I spoke to a CM via chat that also confirmed the menu is still the traditional family style platter & sides. They referenced the allergy menu as well as the fact that Diamond Horseshoe serves the identical menu. So should still be turkey, pot roast, pork, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, green beans etc…

I think it’s more likely a Disney website/IT issue. Though it would be great if someone dining there soon could post a pic of the real menu from the restaurant. I know many use QR code’s but they still have some hard copy/paper menus if you ask.
We are making reservations tomorrow, and I haven't been to either place for sit down. Thinking of it as a nice break for a sit down meal on our last park day. Which do you prefer for overall atmosphere?

We are making reservations tomorrow, and I haven't been to either place for sit down. Thinking of it as a nice break for a sit down meal on our last park day. Which do you prefer for overall atmosphere?
Definitely Liberty Tree Tavern! It’s a beautiful colonial themed restaurant. One of our absolute favourites for a sit down lunch to relax during our MK day :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter