• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Tavern closed, say it isn't so!!!

Do they ever reopen early? We are there the 19th and 20th and this is one of the things I was looking forward to the most.

I looked at six different sites and found no mention of Tony's closing. What's your source?

My source. The fact you can't book it for late July/early August and when I called to book reservations The person helping me told me it would be closed for around 4 months, but would be open around Thanksgiving. I believe Liberty Tree was available to book at that time though.

My source. The fact you can't book it for late July/early August and when I called to book reservations The person helping me told me it would be closed for around 4 months, but would be open around Thanksgiving. I believe Liberty Tree was available to book at that time though.

You can't book ADRs in August for any restaurant yet.

It seems strange that two table service restaurants would be closed at MK for the same time period. We were planning to attend a MNSSHP party in October and wanted to book one of those restaurants for a nice dinner beforehand.

You can't book ADRs in August for any restaurant yet.

Um, yes you can. So you are calling me a liar then? 180 days + length of trip. It didn't work online except to 180 days, but the phone line had no issues booking through the 4th last week.

And go ahead and try to book ADRs for Liberty Tree or Tony' starting 7/6. Don't you find it a bit odd that they are the only two restuarants you can't get a reservation at?

I'm able to find openings for lunch at Tony's various days throughout July. Can't call dining reservations, theyre not open in ths middle of the night. But what it looks like is that Tony's is working on an LTT-like dinner menu while the latter is closed, and tgat no reservations are available until everything is ready.

Nobody is calling anybody a liar. With six online sources indicating that only LTT will be closed vs., respectfully, one person giving another person closure information that can't be backed up, plus there only being five sit-down dinner locations in MK, it seems really strange that Disney would make two of thise unavailable concurrently.

Last edited:
This is going to make my family so sad! I asked my daughter if she wanted to do anything special at Disney this year and she specifically said she wants to go there a lot.
Our last few trips we have gone there for lunch 3-4 times per trip because my kids request it.

If LTT and Tony's close during the same time, that is going to make dining at the MK sort of hectic with the extra strain on remaining venues.

Le Cellier is two TS credits now, I think. I personally love Crystal Palace for lunch. It has lots of selections and the restaurant is very pretty plus you get the Pooh characters coming around if you want them. My mother, who is 70 and very picky, always says that she would love to eat there every day we are in disney but my dad's favorite is Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club (seafood buffet at night). We also like Tusker House in AK. I have not been to 1900 Park Faire in the GF, but I am hoping to get to eat there when I go later this year. We love buffets obviously.

I can't find anything about Tony's closure either. I wonder if it's picking up ADRs that would otherwise have gone to LTT? I would be very surprised if they had 2 TS in MK down for several months at the same time.

LTT closure is a big hit because it's really the best TS in MK, IMO. I'll miss it this August, but glad we were able to go last trip.

If you want to stay in the park, my vote is the Plaza. If you are willing to take a little respite from the park, take the ferry over to Wilderness Lodge (love that relaxing ride!) for Whispering Canyon Café.

O Canada is a movie. You will want to make reservations for Le Cellier.:thumbsup2

Yeah I meant Le Cellier.

Le Cellier is overpriced...I would suggest you pick one of the hotel resturants the food will be better - Steakhouse at YC or The Wave at the Contemporary are both good

Yes I know it is expensive but since we are from Canada, DH wanted to eat there for Thanksgiving.

Re the temporary closing of LTT, I believe the kitchen facility is undergoing a major renovation, hence the long period of closure. Has something to do with the kitchen having the capability to function for two separate eateries? :earsboy:

We were planning on LTT also when we go first of Nov. I was very disappointed. I wanted that ooey gooey toffee cake

I am rather excited about this refurbishment. I have heard some rumors about the reason for this refurb and I hope they come true. We will see.

We arrive July 5 just as they close, and while we will miss eating here we can save it for the next trip.

Yeah I meant Le Cellier.

Yes I know it is expensive but since we are from Canada, DH wanted to eat there for Thanksgiving.
Hope you enjoy it we were very disappointed last winter with the selections and prices.

Um, yes you can. So you are calling me a liar then? 180 days + length of trip. It didn't work online except to 180 days, but the phone line had no issues booking through the 4th last week.

No I'm not calling you a liar. I think the person you spoke to was incorrect. The reason why Tony's is booking up so fast is because LTT is closed during that time.

That's a long closing period. I wonder what kind of work they are going to be doing for that long. We ate there for the first time this past summer and I was pleasantly surprised.

I think I heard they're turning it into a Frozen themed restaurant! :laughing:

I haven't eaten at Liberty Tree since probably 1994, but it's booked for this upcoming trip in June. Now I definitely won't cancel because ya really never know these days what big changes Disney is going to make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter