Liberty Tree Tavern bookings after Refurb, for December

Minniekins

DIS Veteran
Hmm, so I went to see if I could book LTT a short time ago. Trying for Dec 6th, but couldn't get anything that day. Tried lots of other dates and still nothing. Then I tried for Jan just to see, and I could book any time then. So, I'm not sure whether my 10 days in Dec are really all booked already, or what. From looking at the calendar, it has dates from Nov 20 and on in blue, (not grayed out), so you can click that date to try and get a ressie. Just seems they sure booked awfully fast if they just opened bookings. I decided to call to see what's up. So, the phone CM said you've been able to book anytime after the refurb date, November 20, when its expected to open. Still seems odd that every date and time I check in Dec is not open, but all Jan seems wide open.

I called about a week ago, maybe ten days, and they said they wouldn't open booking yet because they didn't know if refurb would be done in time. The CM tonight said that was not true and was wrong info. I've been checking here and didn't see any posts announcing booking was open yet. Is this CM correct and did I really miss that date and every ressie is taken in Dec already? TIA!

Last edited:
I also called about LTT in December the week of Christmas and the CM told me they were not taking bookings in case the refurb was not completed in time. I thought if the refurbishment ran that far over, they may as well have just rebuilt it lol.

I also called about LTT in December the week of Christmas and the CM told me they were not taking bookings in case the refurb was not completed in time. I thought if the refurbishment ran that far over, they may as well have just rebuilt it lol.

Right?! Just seems the refurb is plenty long, oughta be able to finish in time for the holidays. And I guess that info about not opening bookings too early in case they weren't done with the refurb was told to other guests, as well, so the CM I spoke with had some wrong info herself.

I think it will be completed on time. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to book it for Thanksgiving thru the MDE app.

Yes, I think it will, as well. So, you were able to get a ressie after the refurb is to be finished? Interesting.

I'm still wondering if anyone has gotten their December ressies already, and they really are all gone. For some reason, I'm just wondering if that's true. I guess part of me just didn't really feel confident that the CM on the phone really knew what she was talking about, lol. Has anyone been able to get their Dec ressies at LTT? Not sure if I should just resign myself and give up, unless I get lucky and something opens up, or if I should keep watching for Dec dates to open.

Last edited:

I have tried and tried and looked and looked. Unless I am extremely unlucky I don't think the dates opened up.

1) A big part of the LTT refurb is the kitchen work.
2) The kitchen is being expanded to cover the new Skipper's eatery.
3) Skipper's wanted to open in mid-November for the Thanksgiving crowds, but local talk is that early December might even be "iffy".
4) So, this is probably why no ressies at LTT, yet, for December.

Well, I talked to another CM tonight. First he tried to check for times for me. Then I asked a few questions and he decided to check on things and came back and said that booking wasn't open yet because they weren't sure the refurb would be finished. Hmmm. So much for that CM the other night who told me all ressies for Dec were gone and that ressies opened awhile ago and were gone because so many people had been waiting for them to open. I had a feeling she didn't really know what was up. Argh!

Thanks, TheRustyScupper, that info seems more plausible. Thanks for sharing what you've heard. I'll have to really keep an eye on things, hopefully they'll finish up the refurb in a timely manner, and LTT and the Skipper's eatery will open and be available for bookings before too long!

Thanks for this thread. I tried LTT for December 11 - 14 and nothing is available. Hopefully it will be open by December. If anyone finds out they are accepting reservations please let me know. It was the one place my DD requested to eat at.

I have a trip scheduled from Dec 19-24. I wanted to make a reservation at LTT for either Dec 20 or 21. I have tried nearly every day since the window opened for my trip and have been unable to do so. We have a party of 8. So, I will keep trying.

I have a trip scheduled from Dec 19-24. I wanted to make a reservation at LTT for either Dec 20 or 21. I have tried nearly every day since the window opened for my trip and have been unable to do so. We have a party of 8. So, I will keep trying.
They are taking reservations!!!!! Just got one for 12/18!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter