Liberty Square Riverboat

Ness2289

I'm Almost There...
In all my years, I've never done this!! It's worth one trip "down the rivers of America," right? Any insights?

I did this for the first time a few weeks ago on my "stop and smell the roses" day. Like Robo said, it was a nice, relaxing ride. I went up to the top level for the view but found it more difficult to hear the narration up there, so maybe the second level would be better for that. Note that seating is limited, an important consideration if the miles of walking are catching up to you. Anyway, there's not much to it but it's definitely worth doing once. Might be a good choice for mom and junior while other family members are on Splash or BTMRR, or if baby needs a nap.

If you need a break, it's a nice relaxing ride. We rode it for the first time in January, and I wouldn't feel a need to do it again unless I needed a break from all the hustle and busle. :)

This ride is great for a slowdown to the day. I like it, its nice to go for a ride on the river.

We do it every time we're at Magic Kingdom. We know what displays are along the banks, but we still enjoy it. It's easy and slow and a nice break -- unless you hit an extremely busy time at the park and there are crowds wanting to stand along the rails. We nearly always stand and we're in our late 60's so it's not something we do just to sit down.
And we always choose the second level. Gets you away from the noise of the mechanism and you can hear the narration.
:thumbsup2

i tend to do this later in the day when i'm getting a little tired. it's a very nice and relaxing break, and a great way to get some different views of some attractions like haunted mansion and tom sawyer island. i recommend it.

I actually love the river boat. I love steam engines and spend the whole trip actually looking at the engines. Last trip, told the "motorman" that it was the best ride in the park. I gave me that look that just said, "you need to get out more"... It is a great trip. Super simple but enjoyable, like the WEDway people mover or what ever it is called now a days...

I laughed when I read the first post. I made my kids do the riverboat about 6 years ago. Ever since then, it's a joke in our family, "If you don't behave, I'll make you do the Riverboat cruise again."

I usually nap in the Hall of the Presidents, but the riverboats is great for when you'd rather nap outdoors. :goodvibes

Like everyone has said, its a really nice thing to get on when you wanna get away from the rush of the park for a minute. Nice and relaxing. We got on it twice on our last trip so we could slow down for a bit. I don't know if it depends on the timing of the trip but its never crowded or anything when we get on.

One neat thing is that you get to see parts of the Haunted Mansion exterior you don't normally see from land.

I laughed when I read the first post. I made my kids do the riverboat about 6 years ago. Ever since then, it's a joke in our family, "If you don't behave, I'll make you do the Riverboat cruise again."

OMG, that is what I tell my grandson, lol. On one of his first trips he didn't want to do HM, thought it would be too scary. So while the others did HM, he and I did the riverboat..........we were both ready to jump ship before it was over..:) Now, I've ridden riverboats at other venues before and loved them but we must have done this one on one of the hottest/sunniest days ever. And there was absolutely no space available out of the direct sun. So while I say do it if you never have before but if you're planning it as a 'rest stop' make sure you get a seat otherwise you'll be standing the whole time.

I think we will give it a try. I do want to have a few new experiences this trip. (Rose smelling!) This can start my list. Thanks for the insights!:)

We just rode this for the first time on Sunday!
We enjoyed it, nice and relaxing. Great views of BTM & HM for photos. You can also see the Ugly Duckling [construction] & Rapunzel's tower really well.

I can see us going back and doing it again, but not something we have to do every trip. TTA is the best relaxation attraction for us :thumbsup2

Safari Queen said:
I usually nap in the Hall of the Presidents, but the riverboats is great for when you'd rather nap outdoors. :goodvibes

My thoughts exactly lol. But it is nice to just do a very relaxing trip around and the narration is good if you can stay awake long enough.

we did it a few years ago, my dd5 and dd13 found it very boring so I don't think we'll do it again but it was nice to do once

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter