Liar Liar Pants on Fire!

Begiensgirl

Been there, done that, doing it AGAIN!
I wasn't going to tell my kids I was going in January without them. Was going to make up some story about visiting my parents in Boyton Beach! But then I remembered.... this is my first trip with my DF and we always take pictures of our adventures and I scapbook them. There is no way I am going to NOT have pictures of this trip!

Soooooo.... I bit the bullet and told my daughters today (14 and 16). They just went with their dad last April, so fortunately they were lenient with me. ;)

I haven't had a vacation in years, and I reminded them that there is no clause in their birth certificates stating that I MUST include them in every and all vacation plans to WDW. :)

They only asked that I not "go on and on and on" about my plans beforehand.
But, they want to see the pictures when we get home.

I have to say they took the news like troopers. There were no tears, no pouts, no stomping of little feet.... then again, I bribed them with a promise of a trip just "us girls" in August. That might have helped!

Glad they took it so well! I went last January with my BFF and left DS's & DH home. Although they were fine with me going beforehand (we had just been the previous October as a family) they missed me so much that they made me promise never to go with Auntie again without them! :rotfl:

It's good you told them beforehand. When I was at summer camp at the age of 8, my mom and aunt apparently went to WDW but told us they were going to watch my aunt's bf golf about 2 hours from home. I found out many years later, sometime in my teens the real story, and I was kind of mad. However, on that trip they discovered a resort that my mom knew my sister and I would love, and that inspired her to take us later that summer.

I believe telling them the truth is almost always the best way to go. Unless you are trying to surprise your kids.

My sister and I are going alone next November and my DS just doesn't want to hear all the planning either. My DD is too involved with her own married life to care. Now if I was going to Scotland and not at least considering including my DD, SIL or DS that would be something else! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter