• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lia Sophia party question

I Believe In Magic

Mouseketeer
Hi ladies!
I am having my first Lia Sophia party in a couple of days and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me? I really want the 3 items for $15.00 each, but anything beyond that I don't want to spend the $$. Do you know if you also earn free jewelry depending on how much you sell? I am clueless!! We went shopping for all the goodies I am making and I am slowly realizing it is pretty expensive to get free jewelry! lol
Any tips or ideas would be most appreciated!

Hi

You need to have 2 or more orders and sales totaling $250 or more from your show to qualify for the hostess bonuses.

The bonuses include the 3 hostess bonus items ($15 each or as marked in the catalog) as well as 20% of your show's sales in free jewelry. You can also get 2 half price items as a hostess along with the current month's special.

If you have 10 or more orders, your 20% in free jewelry doubles to 40%.

Hope this helps.

Have fun with your party.

Thanks for the tips! I got a couple of pre-orders, so at least that part is taken care of! I was worried I had to have bookings, I can't see any of my guests wanting to have a party. Have a good day!

cancel the party and go to ebay. Lia sophia is super cheap there.

Lia sophia may be super cheap on ebay but much of it is from hong kong, and counterfit.

Lia sophia may be super cheap on ebay but much of it is from hong kong, and counterfit.

Lia Sophia IS cheap costume jewelry. Buy from a non Hong Kong address or go to Kohls. $120 Lia Sophia necklace? I can get something very similar at Kohls for $15.

My sister in law sold this for a while. Only thing I can suggest is to copy all sales receipts. She was the "nice" person and whenever someone had an issue with their jewelry, she would ask if they still had their receipt. Of course they didn't. I guess they will exchange/fix/return money if you have a receipt (? not sure entirely on this part) but her friends didn't keep them, so she replaced them out of her own pocket. My brother in law put his foot down and said it's costing "us" money now, no more Lia Sophia sales.

I have one piece, wear it rarely, no issues on quality. Our other sister in law has a few pieces, she never had any problems either. I don't know if these people with problems are hard on jewelry or if it's just not good. I only bought because I was trying to help her out.

Lia Sophia offers a lifetime guarantee on their jewelry, which is why you need to keep the papers that get sent with the jewelry. They will replace any piece even years after you buy it, and if they don't make that piece anymore, you can get credit with them. But if you don't have your sales slip, there's nothing they can do.

Yes my advisor said they have a lifetime replacement as long as you have the receipt, makes sense. My party was much better than I thought, I earned $513.00 in free jewelry and I get to choose 4 things for $15.00 each. So one of the things I picked was a necklace for $180.00 and that was actually 30.00 because it cost so much, and my advisor bought it for me for having the party. Im kind of thinking of selling it!! You need to sell $1500.00 in the first 5 weeks or something like that, thats the only commitment and I am almost there already. But Im a skeptic and it seems too good to be true!! But extra money for Disney trips would be nice!!

Hi

I am a newer advisor, started in March, and if I remember correctly you need to sell $1500 first 5 weeks, then $1500 next 5 weeks, then $1500 the next 5 weeks. Within the first 5 week period you need to have 3 shows, one of which would be your starter show which would be the party you just had at your home.

The $4500 over the 15 weeks can be cumulative (so if you do $1500 within the first 5 weeks then the remaining $3000 within the 2nd 5 week period, that is fine). You just have to have 3 shows within the first 5 weeks.

If you meet this goal, it gets you $600 ($200/$200/$200) in free jewelry (pieces of your choice) to add to your samples for your shows.

I will say it's the easiest $ I have ever made (I work a full time job as well, started this for the great jewelry, flexible schedule and extra $).

What I have found tough is scheduling shows. Summer was slow, but I have one for September and two for October scheduled.

I think the biggest "catch" for me has been resisting spending my earnings on more jewelry for my displays. The new catalogue just ended July and each time a catalogue ends, nearly half of the items get retired. I was lucky though, and only about 6 of my pieces were retired. But, now I feel I need to replace those 6 to keep my displays looking good.

The other challenge I have had is people not keeping their white receipt and then needing to exchange or return an item. No matter how much I stress they need to keep that receipt, they don't. Then naturally,they are frustrated they can't make the return or exchange. I feel bad to a point about this, but I know how I present the lifetime guarantee and I again tell each guest individually when placing their order what they need to keep and I show them a copy of what it looks like. So if they don't keep it, I can't keep it for them. I feel I have done due diligence to let them know the policy.

I can tell you it's lots of fun, and very easy to sell which equals easy $ and I have lots of great jewelry to choose from each morning when getting ready for my "day" job.

Good luck with this if you decide to move forward.

Hope this info helps.

I buy Lia Sophia all the time, I have a friend that sells it. I love it! As far as the exchange program goes, I have exchanged a few items with out the receipt. I either get the info needed from my advisor or call Lia Sophia directly. You just need the advisor info and party date info. I love the exchange program, I can upgrade or trade what I don't wear any time I want! If I don't have the receipt the return may take a little longer but it is still possible to do. I am surprised that a poster mentioned that an advisor did it out of pocket bc all exchanges are handled by the customer and Lia Sophia directly. Lia Sophia has a very friendly and helpful customer service department. The number is on the catalogs and online.

I don't buy it very often but I do have some. Yes it is costume but IMHO it is a much better quality that Kohl's. I have purchased stuff from there and within a few months it looks terrible but my Lia Soffia still looks good 3 years later.

I am not a real jewelry person, I don't think it is worth it, too much markup.

Hi there!

My best advice would be to look at your invitation list....Please do NOT invite people who are not jewelry people or people who stick to a strict budget - they will just feel obligated to buy. You likely know the ones who buy jewelry a lot.

That's the worst part about house parties...people tend to invite EVERYONE (because usually they want the obligatory sales) instead of just focusing on people who really WANT to spend the money on their product (jewelry, tupperware, etc.).

That way you'll have a bunch of people there ready to buy and you do not have to feel guilty that you're forcing people into buying things they don't need or want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter