Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

OCTOBER 31, 2013
Day 2, Part 6 In Which We Can Live Like Jack and Sally If We Want

Right at 7:00 PM we heard the ghost host announce the party. It was REALLY cool being right in Town Square when the party officially started, especially because right after his announcement, they play "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas, AKA the best song ever. I sang every word.

Jack and Sally came out a few minutes later and I was pretty much aghast. It was AMAZING.

I have been obsessed with The Nightmare Before Christmas since before I can remember. As a child, it fascinated me visually. It looked like nothing I had ever seen before. I was mesmerized by the dark tones, spooky characters, and specifically things like the unraveling hill. The alternate realities of Chrismastown and Halloweentown just fascinated me and I was entranced by the soundtrack.

Then as I got older I started to understand the story more and saw all the brilliant metaphors and truths in it. It's such a beautiful and outstanding film. I mean that literally, it really does stand on this own. To this day nothing like it has been made. It is one of my all time favorite movies and always will be. I am so happy Disney decided to embrace it and make Jack and Sally a part of this party!!!!!!! It just didn't make sense for them not to be, which I wrote about in my Stuck in Disney report. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME DISNEY!

Here is the lovely mayor in line.

12754659615_19996fb794_z.jpg

The TWO FACED mayor. In a "kid's movie". It's just brilliant. "I'm only an elected official here! I can't make decisions by myself!"

tumblr_lr0zztrqOL1qhh19q.gif

Love it.

This picture turned out crazy... which is appropriate!

12754658055_acacd868f3_z.jpg

When I finally saw Jack and Sally in person, I was like a child. I couldn't believe it.

THEY WERE RIGHT THERE!

I was just so into it. I always get excited to see characters I love, but I had never seen Jack and Sally before so I was FREAKING OUT. I really could not believe it. I want to cry just thinking about this... seriously. Disney just means so much to me.

12755100614_2d1e6b73c8_z.jpg

Night was falling as the line moved and it was just perfect as the Halloween music was pumping in. I WAS IN HEAVEN.

12754781363_5d7b4bec47_z.jpg

The line moved fairly fast. I didn't even mind waiting because I loved watching all of their interactions with people. Sally was wide eyed, quiet, and peaceful. Jack was all over the place, exploding with excitement over the holiday. It was so much fun to watch these characters I have seen do the same things over and over in the film for 20+ years in a new light. To see them come to life. Unreal.

When the group went up that had the Mayor in it, Jack FREAKED. Of course he acted like he was the real mayor. He was so excited to see him and announced his arrival. But then the dude took off his mayor mask! Oh my God, it was HILARIOUS. Jack screamed, "AN IMPOSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" it was so great.

I was actually jumping up and down in place I was so excited. AND THEN IT WAS OUR TURN! :O :O :O OH MY GOD THIS IS HAPPENING.

12756128594_647d51eae0_z.jpg

Jack immediately took a liking to me. He was in love with my costume and treated me like I was a real ghost.

12755876553_808ddd8e89_z.jpg

It was SO cool cause I felt like one of them, you know?

Sally was mesmerized by my costume as well! I mean, who wouldn't be?
11972902063_55e9653dd8_o.png

12755880025_c56c88a0ef_z.jpg

JUST TRY TO IMAGINE ME because like when you're a child and you idolize these characters and this world that they live in.... you don't think that you are going to one day be a part of it. It was like I was a real ghost in Halloweentown with Jack. I WAS PART OF THE MOVIE.

12756177054_1d5a78dc2a_z.jpg

"My dearest friend, if you don’t mind, I’d like to join you by your side where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it’s as plain as anyone can see, we’re simply meant to be.”

Have you ever had something happen to you and you realized, I’ve been waiting my whole life for this and didn’t even realize it?! That’s how I felt.

12755819983_3189d7b7e5_z.jpg

Then the coolest thing ever in the history of Halloween happened.

It’s true, they are adding it to the history books and they will updated by next October.

Jack said, "Look, Sally! She brought snacks!" referring to the spiders on my dress. He proceeded to kneel down and pretended to pick them off my dress and eat them!!!!!!!!!!

12751257835_a191d05b8d_z.jpg

"Mmm! I love those. YUM! Ooh, black widows!! Look Sally! Oh! Those are the best!" It was HILARIOUS AND AMAZING AND I WAS DEAD 3 TIMES OVER!

12751259725_e74b67b1dd_z.jpg

I was seriously ready to die right there. I was like, I'm done. My life is perfect right now and whatever else happens to me will not top this!!!

He thanked me for bringing him such a good snack and I told him I knew he would be busy with a night of scaring and he would need them. He said that was smart of me!

I told Jack I came from the Haunted Mansion and they let me out one night a year, so I needed some scaring tips. I think he misunderstood me cause he was like "Of course. What do you what to know?" and I was like ...scaring tips. LOL.

I said, "I need to know how to scare the living!" and he was like "Oh yes! Well my personal favorite is the good old fashioned hiding behind something and jumping out and screaming!" I said I loved doing that too! He said he was going to try and scare me by hiding behind a nearby bush but once he saw I was dead too, he knew it wouldn't work on me! I LOVE HIM.

Sally complimented my costume and knew exactly what I was. HELL YEAH, SALLY. I found that most of the characters and Cast Members all knew right away that I was specifically from the parade which was so awesome because I was afraid a lot of people would think I was just a ghost and Jess just a cowgirl.

If I remember correctly, Jack was telling Sally about how I was from the Haunted Mansion in this picture...

12755826153_924c3f3b08_z.jpg

Some girl talk.

12756775794_c19c8660ca_z.jpg

What a fantastic meet and greet. It was honestly everyth
ing I imagined and more!

10604351696_607d1f1581_z.jpg

12755822513_3095caca72_z.jpg

God, I loved it.

12756121654_97a3387771_z.jpg

It was so perfect... but was it the best meet and greet of the night? I don’t know. It’s hard to say because everything was so good it was basically a night of Heaven... and just WAIT til you hear about what happened in the Princess Fairytale Hall. JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE.

Leaving Halloweentown, we headed down Main Street!!

12756602404_9d80a25dd0_z.jpg

“Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween!”

12756602584_49894b0a4a_z.jpg

The next step of our plan was to go to Storybook Circus and meet Donald and Daisy. This was important to both of us because 1. Jess had not met them at either of her previous parties 2. I haven't met Daisy in AGES and most importantly 3. They were wearing adorable Halloween costumes!!!

12754655945_842e60bba4_z.jpg

Last edited:
I have so many emotions around this meet and greet. I want to meet Jack and Sally such a ridiculous amount it's, no pun intended, scary. I still harbour resentment that they weren't included in the Christmas Party because, HELLO, Nightmare Before CHRISTMAS!!!!
Ahhhhhhh wellllll.

Lets move on to YOUR story shall we?

First, I so agree with the enjoyment of watching the fellow guest experience. So many people just want to get in and get out, that they're missing the amazing-ness that is a Disney Meet and Greet.

PLUS JACK TALKS!!!! :faint: It's just not fair...

OK, so it just amazes how you can take what is a "simple" meet and greet and expound on it to make it so epic. And seriously... how cute is Sally? Next Disney Princess right there! princess:

Oh my gosh what a wonderful and amazing experience to start of MNSSHP with!! I love being there before the party officially starts and seeing everything come to life, the music starting, hearing the announcement, it's all so amazing!

UGH WHAT AN AMAZING MEET AND GREET

I can only imagine that you would have been absolutely dying and freaking out…but maybe only freaking out because you were already dead? bahaha

Love that Sally & other cm's got that you were part of BTY, that's so great!!

yay!! I'm super excited to read more of course!!

Just wanted to say that I LOVE your costume! My husband and I will be there in October, and I really want to go to MNSSHP. Your TR is making me want to go even more!

NOW, I'm all caught up. YAY!

I probably already told you on IG, but it seriously deserves another note, I love, NO love is to weak a word, I... Lurv, I Luff, I LOAF your Halloween costume. Haunted Mansion is my favorite so anything related, especially a costume and you did such a great job. You need to make MY Halloween costume... or at least help with it. ;)

What a fantastic M&G with Jack and Sally! The whole thing with him eating the spiders off your dress was perfect. I want to go to MNSSHP SOOO BAD! UGGGHHH And they better be keeping those two around. And for next year, they should add Oogie Boogie to the line-up too ::yes::

Cannot wait to hear about the rest of the night and your reunion with Eugene! :mickeyjum

Amazing Jack and Sally M&G!! I bet he loved all the adult costumes to interact with the Mayor and then both of you 5 yr olds :rolleyes1
Can't wait to hear more about your night - bring on the Disney fix!!!!!

Oh wow Lia! What an AMAZING meet & greet!! :)

I actually teared up a bit reading that update because it's clear how much meeting Jack & Sally meant to you. & it sounds as though it couldn't have been more perfect! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about the night & the rest of your meet & greets!! :)

Very best wishes,
Siân.xx

I was just so into it. I always get excited to see characters I love, but I had never seen Jack and Sally before so I was FREAKING OUT. I really could not believe it. I want to cry just thinking about this... seriously. Disney just means so much to me.

I love how you express your love for Disney and put it into words that describe how I feel too.

It was so perfect... but was it the best meet and greet of the night? I don’t know. It’s hard to say because everything was so good it was basically a night of Heaven... and just WAIT til you hear about what happened in the Princess Fairytale Hall. JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE.

NO!!!!!!!!! I don't want to wait!!! Tell me nowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes1

Your excitement from these posts just jumps right off the screen! So glad that your meet with Jack & Sally was everything you ever wanted and more. Sounds so amazing, I can't imagine how PFT topped it, so clearly I'm excited as all get out to see how it did!! :yay:

Hey guys... Happy Friday! So as far as I can tell the total amount of updates that I am going to post for Halloween is 16. LOL! So we are going to be on Day 2, Part 16 at some point! I will try to post as soon as possible!

Also, my birthday is in exactly 1 month and 1 day! Three guesses as to where I want to go... :rolleyes1 I am about 90% sure that it's not going to work out :sad2: So if you all wanna send me some pixie dust I would appreciate it. Cause you never know what can happen if you believe, right? I'm also waiting on some big news that could potentially change my life (if you follow me on Twitter I am sure you have seen how much I have been freaking out and tortured over this waiting period) so PLEASE. I am begging you. Pixie dust, prayers, good vibes, whatever it is you do please do it. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Thanks guys, Love you all! I will be posting more than one update next time and I can not WAIT for you guys to read it because oh my God was it an amazing experience! Okay onto some replies.

I have so many emotions around this meet and greet. I want to meet Jack and Sally such a ridiculous amount it's, no pun intended, scary. I still harbour resentment that they weren't included in the Christmas Party because, HELLO, Nightmare Before CHRISTMAS!!!!
Ahhhhhhh wellllll.

Lets move on to YOUR story shall we?

First, I so agree with the enjoyment of watching the fellow guest experience. So many people just want to get in and get out, that they're missing the amazing-ness that is a Disney Meet and Greet.

PLUS JACK TALKS!!!! :faint: It's just not fair...

OK, so it just amazes how you can take what is a "simple" meet and greet and expound on it to make it so epic. And seriously... how cute is Sally? Next Disney Princess right there! princess:

I KNOW RIGHT? It's an emotional experience. And they should definitely have Jack in his Sandy Claws outfit at the Christmas party.

It is SO much fun to watch other guests meet characters! It's why I don't mind waiting on line!

I definitely try to make the most of it and I'm glad that translates here!

Oh my gosh what a wonderful and amazing experience to start of MNSSHP with!! I love being there before the party officially starts and seeing everything come to life, the music starting, hearing the announcement, it's all so amazing!

UGH WHAT AN AMAZING MEET AND GREET

I can only imagine that you would have been absolutely dying and freaking out…but maybe only freaking out because you were already dead? bahaha

Love that Sally & other cm's got that you were part of BTY, that's so great!!

yay!! I'm super excited to read more of course!!

I know right! It just pumps you up and gets you SO ready for the party.

It was wonderful knowing how much they appreciated and recognized our costumes! CMs are the best!

Just wanted to say that I LOVE your costume! My husband and I will be there in October, and I really want to go to MNSSHP. Your TR is making me want to go even more!

Thank you so much! Do not miss MNSSHP, trust me! It is a must do.

NOW, I'm all caught up. YAY!

I probably already told you on IG, but it seriously deserves another note, I love, NO love is to weak a word, I... Lurv, I Luff, I LOAF your Halloween costume. Haunted Mansion is my favorite so anything related, especially a costume and you did such a great job. You need to make MY Halloween costume... or at least help with it. ;)

What a fantastic M&G with Jack and Sally! The whole thing with him eating the spiders off your dress was perfect. I want to go to MNSSHP SOOO BAD! UGGGHHH And they better be keeping those two around. And for next year, they should add Oogie Boogie to the line-up too ::yes::

Cannot wait to hear about the rest of the night and your reunion with Eugene! :mickeyjum

Thanks for catching up!

Thank you SO much Timmy, and of course flawless Annie Hall reference :thumbsup2 If you tell me what you want to be for Halloween I will gladly help you come up with any ideas!

I know, I was so happy he did that! It was hilarious! I agree Oogie Boogie should be at the party somewhere too!

Oh Eugene... :love: Our reunion was more perfect than I EVER could have dreamed!

Amazing Jack and Sally M&G!! I bet he loved all the adult costumes to interact with the Mayor and then both of you 5 yr olds :rolleyes1
Can't wait to hear more about your night - bring on the Disney fix!!!!!

I definitely think we kept him entertained! We are definitely 5 years old and I hope we never change princess:

Oh wow Lia! What an AMAZING meet & greet!! :)

I actually teared up a bit reading that update because it's clear how much meeting Jack & Sally meant to you. & it sounds as though it couldn't have been more perfect! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about the night & the rest of your meet & greets!! :)

Very best wishes,
Siân.xx

Aww! Yes it certainly meant a lot to me and I am very glad I was able to articulate that well here!

I love how you express your love for Disney and put it into words that describe how I feel too.

NO!!!!!!!!! I don't want to wait!!! Tell me nowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes1

Thank you!!! Sorry but you will have to wait a bit longer!

Your excitement from these posts just jumps right off the screen! So glad that your meet with Jack & Sally was everything you ever wanted and more. Sounds so amazing, I can't imagine how PFT topped it, so clearly I'm excited as all get out to see how it did!! :yay:

I know it's hard to believe but the fairytale hall was even MORE magical :cloud9: :lovestruc :wizard: pixiedust: princess:

AMAZING meet & greet and even more amazing costume. You definitely outdid yourself this year!

I am so sad we missed Jack and Sally during our MNSSHP. It was our first time at the party so we were kind of all like Jack being like "WHAT'S THIS?!" and running around. LOL! Loved the whole party, especially Boo to You! :lovestruc I miss it!!! Off to YouTube!

Your enthusiasm makes me want to go out and watch this movie. I've only seen it once (around the time it came out) and I didn't "get" it. I'm thinking I need to give it another shot.

Regardless of how *I* feel, I'm so happy for you that your night started out so amazing... and it sounds like it just kept getting better! :goodvibes Yay Disney!!!!!

Hopefully whatever you're waiting on works out the way you want it to. Definitely sending pixie dust your way!! You should definitely go to Disney for your birthday! Based on your countdown, it looks like your bday is two days before mine... so if you do make it, you'll have to celebrate for both of us!!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

First of all, I loooooove that song! Blink 182 :love:

Your Jack & Sally meet and greet sounded seriously amazing! I've never actually seen all of Nightmare Before Christmas (Don't hurt me! It's on my to-do list I SWEAR!) so I have really no idea how in character they are, but I love it when characters are so much more into their roles than the average meet and greet experience.

And now I reaaaaally need to watch Nightmare Before Christmas!

Amazing meet & greet! I am going to the MNSSHP this year, so hoping we get to meet Jack and Sally!

I am praying for you, you deserve the best out of life! Fingers crossed!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your Halloween experience!

What do you do when you wake up at 4:00 am because you are too excited to sleep at WDW? You read Lia's trip reports! We arrived yesterday and hit the Studios this morning.

1. I fell in live with your storytelling At Stuck in Disney. You and Jess are my kindred spirits. So both you together = awesomeness!
2. You are pretty talented and I appreciate you sharing your stories!
3. Love the tip about Oswald. DS13 is obsesses!
4. Costume was awesome! HM is one of my favs.
5. I am going to cheddar cheese soup in your honor tomorrow! F&G rocks! I get to eat Dole whip more than a couple of times this trip!

Thanks for the memories! I just finished Birthday Festivus. I can't wait to catch up on this one!

So glad I finally popped back over in time to catch up on your new TR! Yeah, I'm a huge Mickey nutcracker fan. I lived near DLR then and we would go once a year on Christmas Eve and that was my "must do" was seeing that show. I wish they would bring it back -- it's really too adorable. Love your costume -- really amazing. And loved the interaction with Jack -- that was hilarious. We met Jack and Sally in DLR and the kids were in LOVE with him. Turned DS into a NBC fan immediately. Pixie dust to get the trip you want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter