Lia & Jess's Hot and Fancy Halloween and Christmas Party Trip! ~ NEW TR POSTED 9/2!!!

I'm in! Just started reading your report. We are going this upcoming October and your trip report is making even more excited if that is possible.

You are so lucky to go to Disney for Halloween twice! I wish I could since I feel that it's one of the few places where it is socially acceptable for a person of my age to trick-or-treat hahaha :lmao:

"One thing I've learned from Disney trips is that you should NOT say "Oh, I'll do it later." If you see something you wanna do, do it right then unless you're really going to miss something else great. Because you're going to get all caught up in the action of the rest of your trip and will probably not come back."

This! 100% This! Our last trip in September was, at some moments, not our best, mainly because I accommodated tag-along family who had never been and they spent so much time hemming and hawing that we missed out on things. We walked by Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters because they didn't feel like stopping. I missed out on my Hitch Hiking Ghosts photo during MNSSHP because they charged ahead and didn't notice that I wanted to stop. I made up for it all when we split up for a day and my daughter and I went autograph hunting. DH even agreed that we need to do what hits us and stop the mad racing about! Live in the moment, people!! OK... complaining over! I was at Disney, for Pete's sake!

As always, your TR lights me up and takes away some of the homesickness. Thank you for your humor and for sharing your adventures. I hope your spirits lift soon. See you on MNSSHPMonday! Hugs,

Jen

You looked gorgeous in your Halloween day outfit! I was Twitter-stalking you on this trip (I finally joined Twitter so now I can quit being a creepy stalker :)), and your MNSSHP costume was TO DIE FOR - so creative and so beautifully done. If they gave awards for best costume ever, you would definitely win. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about your fun night.

To the CM who was snippy with you at BoG...who cares about waiting longer for food when there are so many beautiful details to indulge your eyes on?! I still have not been inside! :sad: No Fantasy preview for me, wasn't able to get ADR's, and the line was always so terrifying. ONE DAY. Crazy how they just use Disney magic to find you and bring the food though!

Cali Grill looks SO GOOD! That was my first real Disney meal in 2009 and it was just perfect! I need to get back...especially because of GLITTER STRAWBERRY! That is basically the best thing I have ever heard of.

Bahaha that John Basedow story is so funny. LOL can you imagine being semi-famous for something silly and googling yourself and then finding a Figment version of yourself? :rotfl2:

So excited to read more about your Halloween days!

Subbing! Heading to the World on Friday, and I need something to get me through these last few days....can't wait :cool1:

A bus to DTD from the park?! It's about time they did this!

I don't remember that log cabin in front of the Tree of Life either! :confused3

Thanks for the update, Lia! Hope all is well and you get the chance to relive your trip and update us again soon. The weather is a real drag...just think, only a month or so and it will be spring :hippie:

Hi Lia,

I fell a bit behind with your updates but I'm all caught up now & loving it so far :)

Your flatbread & desserts at Californian Grill look SO yummy - I've never eaten there but hopefully I will one day!

Looks like you had a wonderful start to Halloween at AK - Looking forward to reading more about your day :)

A lot is going on and not much of it is good! .

Really sorry to hear that Lia. I'm in much the same boat :( I hope life starts being kind again to you soon. Take care :hug:

Very best wishes,
Siân.xx

Forgot to add - Congratulations on your Stuck in Disney report being the number 4 thread on the DISboards for 2013!!!!

What a fun AK day! I've never seen anyone else in line at Primeval Whirl, but the CMs are so enthusiastic!

Love your trip reports! Subscribed! :) i'm so bad at posting on the boards but i'm an avid reader! Your reports always make me miss the world! :wizard:

I love reading your TRs and this one doesn't disappoint. Its fun reading about your first two days since it overlapped with the last two days of my trip. I was in MK the same day you were! Can't wait to read more! I'm curious to know what your favorite F&W dish was this time, mine was easily the pork belly from Brazil.

I don’t even think I’d be able to handle actually BEING in Disney on Halloween! And funnily enough, villains mix & mingle just came on my ipod as I opened this update….

So awesome that people were dressed up! I’d never thought of that!! Lol. Fantastic photos in AK, especially love the ones in front of the tree, super pretty!! :) LOVE ALL THE AK DETAILS…I miss my beloved animal kingdom...we won’t reunite until may…

Love your braid too!! I’m still on the “I can braid well enough to throw it under a wig” stage, so that’s impressive bahah! ALL OF YOUR PHOTOS OF EVEREST ARE PERFECTION.

Ooooh AK on Halloween how unexpected and cool :thumbsup2. Ugh! I know what you mean about the lack of buses to go from the parks to DTD. What's a girl to do at the end of the day when she wants to have dinner at WPE and has no other form of transportation?! Oh my goodness the little Indian couple were adorable....love it! I liked your Halloween shirt....was it a glow in the dark one? And um the earrings are my favorite :goodvibes. That's funny that you mentioned the difference on primeval, I have noticed that too and I wonder if it has to do with the weight inside the vehicle thing. It seems like when we had more weight it was smoother and more controlled but with less people or weight we were being whipped around and banging against the sides more often...which seems to be more fun and painful at the same time lol. Awesome EE pics, especially the ones with the colored flags, those are favorites! Great update Lia and cannot wait to hear more my dear!!! :upsidedow

AK is so great on Halloween! I had such a good time.

No my shirt wasn't glow in the dark... I think the other one I have of Mickey and Minnie and Mickey's some type of Frankenstein does though. :thumbsup2

You might be right about Primeval Whirl... good point!

Thank you!

Thanks for squeezing in the update. It was a fun one. I had never seen the baby Simba magic PP picture before! So cute! I hope things improve and you're feeling happier soon :goodvibes

Thank you!

I'm in! Just started reading your report. We are going this upcoming October and your trip report is making even more excited if that is possible.

October is the best time to go! :hmghost: You will have an amazing time!

You are so lucky to go to Disney for Halloween twice! I wish I could since I feel that it's one of the few places where it is socially acceptable for a person of my age to trick-or-treat hahaha :lmao:

I hope you get to do it someday!

"One thing I've learned from Disney trips is that you should NOT say "Oh, I'll do it later." If you see something you wanna do, do it right then unless you're really going to miss something else great. Because you're going to get all caught up in the action of the rest of your trip and will probably not come back."

This! 100% This! Our last trip in September was, at some moments, not our best, mainly because I accommodated tag-along family who had never been and they spent so much time hemming and hawing that we missed out on things. We walked by Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters because they didn't feel like stopping. I missed out on my Hitch Hiking Ghosts photo during MNSSHP because they charged ahead and didn't notice that I wanted to stop. I made up for it all when we split up for a day and my daughter and I went autograph hunting. DH even agreed that we need to do what hits us and stop the mad racing about! Live in the moment, people!! OK... complaining over! I was at Disney, for Pete's sake!

As always, your TR lights me up and takes away some of the homesickness. Thank you for your humor and for sharing your adventures. I hope your spirits lift soon. See you on MNSSHPMonday! Hugs,

Jen

I'm glad you got to make up for it with your daughter that one day. I haaate that feeling of missing stuff.

Thank you!

Love your trip reports!

Thanks!

You looked gorgeous in your Halloween day outfit! I was Twitter-stalking you on this trip (I finally joined Twitter so now I can quit being a creepy stalker :)), and your MNSSHP costume was TO DIE FOR - so creative and so beautifully done. If they gave awards for best costume ever, you would definitely win. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about your fun night.

Aw, thank you!

I'm glad you liked my costume so much! It took a lot of time to make and honestly I still wasn't 100% happy with it :laughing: But I want to do that costume again and revise it a little so we'll see what happens next time!

Sad to read you are going through some tough times. Take your time on the report...more important to take care of yourself. We will be here when you are ready to continue!

To the CM who was snippy with you at BoG...who cares about waiting longer for food when there are so many beautiful details to indulge your eyes on?! I still have not been inside! :sad: No Fantasy preview for me, wasn't able to get ADR's, and the line was always so terrifying. ONE DAY. Crazy how they just use Disney magic to find you and bring the food though!

Cali Grill looks SO GOOD! That was my first real Disney meal in 2009 and it was just perfect! I need to get back...especially because of GLITTER STRAWBERRY! That is basically the best thing I have ever heard of.

Bahaha that John Basedow story is so funny. LOL can you imagine being semi-famous for something silly and googling yourself and then finding a Figment version of yourself? :rotfl2:

So excited to read more about your Halloween days!

I AGREE. Lady, this isn't a plain dining hall. It's the freaking BEAST'S CASTLE okay?!

I hope you get to go to BoG and back to California Grill soon! They are definitely two of the top restaurants in Disney.

hahaha I know, being famous is so weird. It must be awkward to see people manipulating images of you all the time.

Subbing! Heading to the World on Friday, and I need something to get me through these last few days....can't wait :cool1:

You are so lucky! AHH I WISH I WAS GOING TOMORROW. I need to start playing the lottery LOL

A bus to DTD from the park?! It's about time they did this!

I don't remember that log cabin in front of the Tree of Life either! :confused3

I agree!!

Thanks for the update, Lia! Hope all is well and you get the chance to relive your trip and update us again soon. The weather is a real drag...just think, only a month or so and it will be spring :hippie:

I hope so! I remember when it snowed in April up here. That is just wrong.

Hi Lia,

I fell a bit behind with your updates but I'm all caught up now & loving it so far :)

Your flatbread & desserts at Californian Grill look SO yummy - I've never eaten there but hopefully I will one day!

Looks like you had a wonderful start to Halloween at AK - Looking forward to reading more about your day :)

Really sorry to hear that Lia. I'm in much the same boat :( I hope life starts being kind again to you soon. Take care :hug:

Very best wishes,
Siân.xx

Forgot to add - Congratulations on your Stuck in Disney report being the number 4 thread on the DISboards for 2013!!!!

I hope you do get to eat there! It's one of the best :thumbsup2

Thank you, I hope things get better for you pixiedust:

What a fun AK day! I've never seen anyone else in line at Primeval Whirl, but the CMs are so enthusiastic!

haha I know they are great!

Love your trip reports! Subscribed! :) i'm so bad at posting on the boards but i'm an avid reader! Your reports always make me miss the world! :wizard:

Thank you so much!

I love reading your TRs and this one doesn't disappoint. Its fun reading about your first two days since it overlapped with the last two days of my trip. I was in MK the same day you were! Can't wait to read more! I'm curious to know what your favorite F&W dish was this time, mine was easily the pork belly from Brazil.

Thank you! Besides the cheddar cheese soup which will always be my #1 favorite, I think this year I liked the chicken roll from Morocco the best. They now have it at Spice Road Table all year round!

I don’t even think I’d be able to handle actually BEING in Disney on Halloween! And funnily enough, villains mix & mingle just came on my ipod as I opened this update….

So awesome that people were dressed up! I’d never thought of that!! Lol. Fantastic photos in AK, especially love the ones in front of the tree, super pretty!! :) LOVE ALL THE AK DETAILS…I miss my beloved animal kingdom...we won’t reunite until may…

Love your braid too!! I’m still on the “I can braid well enough to throw it under a wig” stage, so that’s impressive bahah! ALL OF YOUR PHOTOS OF EVEREST ARE PERFECTION.

May? OH YOU POOR THING. *sarcasm* lol. I wish I was going in May!

Thank you!!

Sad to read you are going through some tough times. Take your time on the report...more important to take care of yourself. We will be here when you are ready to continue!

Thank you! :hug:

Just got caught up. I love your Halloween tee! Your hair looks so great, too. I hope things in your life calm down soon. You seem like a strong woman, and I know you can handle anything! :hug:

OCTOBER 31, 2013
Day 2, Part 2 In Which Everest Is A SCREAM​

The line for Expedition Everest was posted at 10 minutes but it was a walk on so I went on... I want to say three times, but it may have been two. However, three sounds more like me so let's go with three!

12129499334_c64828481a_z.jpg

12129745096_1b5e9fde77_z.jpg

Hula Timon was safely stowed, don't worry!

12129374833_3871b06d51_z.jpg

12129498704_3db47618d5_z.jpg

Okay so I have to say these were probably some of my favorite Everest rides EVER. Reason being, it was Halloween and I was screaming endlessly in the dark. WHAT BETTER WAY TO CELEBRATE THIS GRAND HOLIDAY!? Seriously.

I think I forgot like... the fun it is to just scream.

I just appreciated that so much. BEST HALLOWEEN EVER!

@babybritney: Screaming your head off in the dark on Everest on halloween is the best thing ever

12129758096_029808f4dc_z.jpg

One of these trees is not like the others...

12129757596_67947908f8_z.jpg

May all beings be happy.

12129483664_b48003e5db_z.jpg

I was really getting hungry now, so I decided to head over to Africa and try my luck getting the Bat Cupcake. It absolutely HAD to be my Halloween breakfast!

On the way, I saw some parrots above the Flights of Wonder sign. I'm guessing they were waiting for their cue to fly over the crowd!

12687664173_5d2394bc72_z.jpg

I also stopped to get some pictures taken again.

12688019944_03890c625c_z.jpg

This PP photographer was really excited about Hula Timon and so he decided to hula dance. Of course, Hula Timon doesn't have that name for nothing so he joined in as did I. That is now 2 CMs that I have hula danced with LOL. Oh how I love Disney.

12687682153_8d6d995113_z.jpg

I just love this view of the tree. PERFECT.

12687690313_eb387ab57c_z.jpg

Once in Harambe, I wanted to take a video of the band. I always watch them and find them wonderful, so it was time I finally took a video! I stood a bit closer to the stage than the general crowd to get a good shot, where I was of course brought pulled up to dance! I kind of knew that was going to happen but was hoping it wouldn't LOL. But then I figured oh why not. My phone kept recording the entire time... you can literally see the singer's hand come into frame and drag me over to dance!

Here's a link to that: http://youtu.be/XbOeHb3GDeo

During this, I was dancing but the band leader wanted me to like put my hands up shake my hips. He demonstrated and I copied it, and then he urged the onlookers to do it too. It was SO funny and so much fun. I was having such a great Halloween!

When I went up to Kusafiri, the Bat Cupcake was not one of the ones on display that they were offering. UGH. Oh no. I HAD TO HAVE THIS CUPCAKE.

I posted on Twitter to ask where they were sold and people told me it was usually Kusafiri. I remembered last year they had been sold on a cart in Discovery Island too, but I hadn't seen them there. I decided to go on the safari and try my luck when I came out.

The wait for the safari was a good 5-10 minutes, not bad at all!

12687530095_b4b382c8e2_z.jpg

Overall, it was pretty uneventful compared to my other safaris. Check out the AK chapters of my first 3 TRs if you are curious. I've had crazy exciting safaris with the lion roaring and everything, so this one seemed average. I still love this ride so much and enjoy it every time no matter what, though.

12687661153_e50d4218b7_z.jpg

12687533405_6a342c91d0_z.jpg

12687523005_c0f36e1232_z.jpg

I noticed some people on the Wild Africa Trek!

12687997374_4708ee462b_z.jpg

I have wanted to do this tour so badly since it debuted, but man is it expensive!

12688007464_a94e93a06b_z.jpg

12687668673_58606bc681_z.jpg

One cool thing that happened was that a rhino crossed the road right in front of us! I thought that was so awesome, I mean how often does a rhino pass by you? Probably not much so yeah it rocked. It was like a movie moment.

12687668303_997151d6c3_z.jpg

That's the only picture I got... I think I was slightly stunned when he was actually crossing in front of us. So cool!

There wasn't much lion action this time, but I was able to get a nice shot of the beautiful lioness atop her pride rock.

12687533845_c973bb4817_z.jpg

Cheers to that bird for flying over at just the right moment!

12129497414_7b5127f73d_z.jpg

After my safari adventure, I noticed this. AK seriously has the coolest and most creative water fountains ever.

12688004574_1b90935a65_z.jpg

I went back to Kusafiri and to my absolute delight, they were now offering the Bat Cupcake!! (Back right)

12687666043_0326d641ed_z.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!! MY FLAWLESS HALLOWEEN BREAKFAST PLAN WAS BACK IN ORDER.

They also had this great Minnie Mouse pumpkin mug.

12129483134_006291b310_z.jpg

This is special because as you will notice, there are tons of Mickey Mouse pumpkin themed things but no Minnie, really. If Minnie is dressed up on Halloween merchandise she is usually a witch or princess. Just some Disney merch trivia for ya
11972902063_55e9653dd8_o.png

OCTOBER 31, 2013
Day 2, Part 3 In Which I AM A MARRIED WOMAN!​

The cupcake was $5.34. YIKES, right? But it's really worth it, especially if you can finish the thing, which I couldn't... but hey I still enjoyed it SO MUCH!

12129482894_3b632f94f1_z.jpg

I was very happy to have an excuse to use the obnoxious Halloween frames on my photo editing app LOL

12687690813_9c6215b969_z.jpg

I went over to my "secret" spot near the entrance of Harambe. It's a little stone bench against a building that for some reason people rarely sit on. The seating areas near Kusafiri were packed, but I knew no one would be over there. I love sitting over there, it's pretty perfect. Of course I forgot to get a fork and there was no way I could eat this cupcake without it so I had to walk all the way back over, get a fork, and walk back. Luckily the bench was still open!

I took a bite of the bat first. It's actually on a stick, so it makes a good chocolate lollipop. I could see them selling this alone for like $2-$3. It is solid, good quality, REAL chocolate, not some crappy thing they stick on there for decoration. Seriously, it was delicious.

The cupcake itself was chocolate with vanilla buttercream and Halloween sprinkles on top. It was your basic chocolate and vanilla flavor, so I'd say the star of this cupcake is definitely the bat. I loved the whole thing though. I was so happy. I love cupcakes and eat them probably way too often at home, but there's nothing like a Disney cupcake. Especially a Halloween Disney cupcake, on Halloween, in Animal Kingdom. OH MY WAS I HAPPY CAMPER

I sat for awhile eating it and talking to people back home. I WAS JUST SO FREAKING HAPPY. Now this is the way to celebrate the most spirited holiday of them all... and the festivities had barely begun yet. Oh my God was I in for an awesome Halloween!!!

Eventually, I got up and walked back over to Dinoland. I was already pretty full but I ate as much of the cupcake as I could on the way over to meet Pluto and Goofy. SO GOOD.

Once I got over there, the line was pretty long. But I was like whatever, this is what I came here for and they are not gonna be in costume tomorrow, so I'd better just get in line.

They had some Halloween decorations lining the meet & greet area which I loved!

12688002424_e826365230_z.jpg

12688002894_5cb3dd6cf5_z.jpg

It took about 25 minutes, but I didn't even care. Because first of all, right before it was my turn, Pluto and Goofy had some kind of "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" stand off, and it was so adorable.

And then it was my turn!

12129095715_46e5fc1618_z.jpg

Goofy turned around and pointed at me, all excited to see me. Pluto ran over like the puppy that he is and gave me a big hug and a SLLUUUURRRPPP lick. HAHAHA SO CUTE I love when he does that. DOGS ARE THE BEST.

I complimented their awesome costumes and decorations and then we took some adorable pictures!

12129908846_5ca5c0294d_z.jpg

12687565985_505c8d69f4_z.jpg

12129649024_157cef86af_z.jpg

GAHHH I LOVE THEM. I was seriously so happy. Like again, here I am in Disney on Halloween, and I'm taking pictures with Disney characters in Halloween costumes, and my life rules
It doesn't get much better than this, folks!

They were passing out Halloween candy after you met the doggies, which was AWESOME. YAY HALLOWEEN!!!

A Festival of the Lion King showtime was nearing, so I went over to Camp Minnie Mickey.

On the way I saw a CM and just had a feeling he was going to have good pins. Call it my pin radar, I don't know, but I went out of my way to go over and get his attention. He was super nice and GUESS WHAT? He had this awesome Lion King pin featuring TIMON AND PUMBAA!!

12129754316_81888e6c7f_z.jpg

This was very appropriate since I was HOLDING HULA TIMON AT THE TIME!!!! My Hula dancing friend was super excited and immediately affixed it to himself.

12129753666_5af5b5e386_z.jpg

We went over to the theatre and found a spot in the flawless LION SECTION. Timon was so happy. What a perfect situation.

12688035154_2f973df6ee_z.jpg

During the show, obviously I laughed and cried so much as usual. This is one of those things at Disney I always look SO forward to and always enjoy so thoroughly. Truly one of the best shows I have ever seen and I grew up near Broadway so I am no joke!

12688031384_580820a6e1_z.jpg

Once it was over I headed to the restroom. Jess was almost at Animal Kingdom, and we decided I would get in line for Chip and Dale and she'd meet me there.

However, the Baloo and King Louie line was almost non-existent and I had never met them before, so I hopped in. They were adorable!

12687564225_7060e9bbf5_z.jpg

Their character attendant had a Chip and Dale pin I traded for.

12129752056_a6fe2716cc_z.jpg

How funny that I got a Lion King pin right before going to FOTLK, and now I got a Chip and Dale pin when I'm about to meet them! I quite liked the way this was going.

Next I got in the chippy line where Jess met me. We were SO happy to be reunited and had such a big afternoon and night ahead of us! SO EXCITING.

12129492134_12060fa8a6_z.jpg

When it was our turn to meet those adorable chipmunks, I became betrothed to one of them.

You know, it was a normal day.

I really don't even remember how it happened but Dale was IN LOVE with me rather instantly. He got on one knee and proposed, and then we decided we needed to get married right away. Chip officiated the wedding and what can I say, I am now a married woman.

I just love these pictures so much because it looks like real photos you see when someone is proposed to... only instead of a human being it's a chipmunk. You know, whatever.

12129526123_4f8dd85d78_z.jpg

12129911496_49b3e916bc_z.jpg

12129913766_1866cdd0b5_z.jpg

LOOK AT CHIP AND JESS IN THIS NEXT ONE AHHAHAHAHAHAAKJDLKDS;SLKL

12129751086_0185f903d1_z.jpg

SO HAPPY THAT I SAID YES!

12129652404_b1aa62a18c_z.jpg

LOVESTRUCK.

12687696743_70c3ec484b_z.jpg

It was soooo cute. He just kept jumping up and down and grabbing his chest and like, gesturing to Chip like CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS hahaha. It was one of the most adorable moments of my whole life. Jess and I were cracking up.

12129490204_27cd1b6448_z.jpg

You never know what's going to happen to you at Disney World! I'M A MARRIED WOMAN! What a Halloween this was shaping up to be. It will now always be Dale and I's wedding anniversary!!!!!!!!!

12688282825_9356f5882f_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter