LI Disers flying from MacArthur

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
Anyone talk the 6 or 6:30 am flight out of MacArthur. How were the crowds? I am hearing it is very crowded at that time. Do I really need to be there 2 hours before my flight??

We never leave that early, but I have never seen that airport crowded. I would probably want to arrive an hour before the boarding time to play it safe.

MacAurthur is a great and easy airport to fly out of. I like getting to the airport early, and i would not get there 2 hours before a flight.

We fly out of there all the time. I like to get their early but DH hates sitting around. Plus the early morning getting up is hard. But I have someone who is a TSA agent telling me it is crazy at that time. Just wanted to see if anyone agrees with that.

Anyone talk the 6 or 6:30 am flight out of MacArthur. How were the crowds? I am hearing it is very crowded at that time. Do I really need to be there 2 hours before my flight??

Yes it is crazy at that time. And actually your plane won't take off for a while after you get away from the gate.

Due to the noise abatement rules in place for SNA the airlines ALL schedule the early morning flights very close together. So you have about 20 flights leaving between 6:45 and 7. The airport actually "opens" at 7 so basically they load you up, line up and at 7 BOOM one after another flight after flight after flight :)

The result of this scheduling issue is that you have a LOT of people checking bags, going through security etc in a fairly short window. It can back up and crys of "I am going to miss my plane" won't really help as everyone is on the same schedule.

I think the planes leave before 7. I live fairly close to the airport and can hear them before 7. Guess I need to convince my DH we have to be there early,

We always take the 6- 7 am flights and its always busy. I would definetly get there early.

I think the planes leave before 7. I live fairly close to the airport and can hear them before 7. Guess I need to convince my DH we have to be there early,
I live nearby as well and my son in law is an air traffic controller there......you are correct the planes definitely take off prior to 7am....we usually get there about 90 min before....hubby drops me off...I check the bags while he parks the car.

Last edited:
Yes it is crazy at that time. And actually your plane won't take off for a while after you get away from the gate.

Due to the noise abatement rules in place for SNA the airlines ALL schedule the early morning flights very close together. So you have about 20 flights leaving between 6:45 and 7. The airport actually "opens" at 7 so basically they load you up, line up and at 7 BOOM one after another flight after flight after flight :)

The result of this scheduling issue is that you have a LOT of people checking bags, going through security etc in a fairly short window. It can back up and crys of "I am going to miss my plane" won't really help as everyone is on the same schedule.

Agree the airport is very busy that time of morning...we have flown many times early....as far as waiting until 7am to depart......for years we have departed before 7am....6:10, 6:30 Etc ...actually flying not just departing the gate area

We always take the first flight of the day. I usually get there 90 minutes before the flight and still have plenty of time.

Islip has about 20 flights a day. This morning between 6:05 and 7:10 there were 4 flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter