LGMH protocol greeting

sasmmb

Mouseketeer
Hi! At Epcot this week I saw my first LGMH on someone else while exiting Le Cellier! I was so excited to see one! :cool1: So I complimented him on his LGMH and said that this was the one day I left mine back in the room. And all he said was "Thanks" and walked away. I was a little disappointed there wasn't a little more conversation after how difficult it is to find other DIS'ers. But at least I found one even if he was Grumpy!

that's too bad that "Grumpy" didn't give you a proper greeting!!!! I would have been so excited to see someone else with LGMH's!!! :banana: When we go(exactly 11 months from today!), I think I might put them on our walking around backpacks so they are super obvious!! I can only hope someone might spot them and stop to say Hello!

Not to be sexist, but a majority of the posters here are women. Since you apparently saw it on a man it is very possible that he was only LGMH'd cause his wife/girlfriend/sig. other put it on him or the bag he was holding and he really had no idea what it was for!

I know my DH really would be clueless and have no idea what to say to a total stranger if they came up to him while he was holding our backpack!:lmao: He isn't real social to begin with!

Keep looking next time you go. The first time I went I only saw a few people and then a few more the next time and when I was there last Sept I met a bunch. We had a great time talking to people, and some that I have met I still keep in contact with here.

I have told my nieces and my DH that if anyone comments on their LGMHs, they are to immediately point to me and say "She did it!" :rotfl2: That way I get to meet the fellow DISer. With 4 backpacks outfitted with LGMHs, I figure we have a better chance of being seen. :banana:

A Disser (Twilight Terror I think) saw my LGMH on my backpack that my DH was holding as DS and I were on Tower of Terror. As soon as I came back he said that some ladies were looking for me to say hi because they saw the LGMH. I think he told them something like "oh yeah, that's my wife's". :lmao: He doesn't know much about the Dis board other than I'm on it way too much.

They came back a few minutes later and I got to meet my first (and only so far) fellow Dissers. :thumbsup2

I will have my LGMHs on when we go in October. We met a fellow DISer in the airport before a trip and either Chip or Dale pointed to my backpack while we were in Toontown. Besides that, we have yet to see any other DISers. I have them on our backpacks, bags, stroller, hats so maybe one of these trips we will see someone else. DW thinks I'm crazy bringing them along every trip, but I keep the faith.

ok everyone, let's make a pact!
If we EVER see anyone else with LGMH's wandering around WDW, we must stop in our tracks & greet them with a hearty Hello! :yay:

do you laminate them to put on your backpacks or what? By the way I am a man who DIS's! My wife thinks im a little crazy!:rotfl2: pirate:

do you laminate them to put on your backpacks or what? By the way I am a man who DIS's! My wife thinks im a little crazy!:rotfl2: pirate:

We (daughters) and my self have peeled them off the backs, put them on a black back ground (so they can be seen easily) our Dis Board name on them and Laminate them. My DH dosen't Dis...............yet:rotfl:

I took my LGMHs and cut them out, wrote DIS on each ear, and my user name and pm me in the middle. That way, if a DISer sees it without me, like on the stroller while we're in an attraction, then maybe, just maybe, they'll send me a pm!! One can hope!

Ooops, forgot. I also laminated them with the photo laminating sheets you can get at Walmart. I can laminate either two or three LGMH on one 4x6 sheet, depending on how I lay them out. Then, I hole-punched one of the ears and tied it to both backpacks, stroller, grandma's fanny pack (if anyone sees a grandma with a WDW fanny pack and a LGMH, say hi. She doesn't get the whole DISer concept, but she's going along with it anyways! She rocks!) and I'm bringing a few extras for the rental stroller (yep, my 5 year old still needs a break...lots of walking for the little guy!).

I had mine on my bag. I think my mother and I were getting off the boat on the way into the MK when someone behind my mom asked if I was from the DISboards. I said yeah and she replied that she was beginning to wonder if any of those people ever actually came to WDW. I took that to mean I was the first she had seen. To be honest, she's the only one I've ever met too. Not that we actually met....this is pretty much all we said as we were going through the cattle chute.

Not to be sexist, but a majority of the posters here are women.

Last time I checked... wait, let me check again... Yup, still a guy.

I keep forgetting to take my LGMHs with me! But since 4 of my last 5 trips have been during MouseFest, I've met plenty of DISers anyway at the various meets. I usually wear my Tagrel.com nametag at MouseFest, so it's still easy to identify me.

Besides, I tend to stick out in a crowd. I'm 6'-4" tall, 175lbs, always wear a Batman-esque utility belt and a large SLR camera, and my voice tends to carry (think Eddie Deezen meets James Earl Jones, with a little Louis Skolnik thrown in).

If you ever catch a glimpse of me in the parks, just march right up and introduce yourself. I know I look like an axe-murderer, but I'm really not (Aquitted!)

I peeled mine off the backing, wrote my DIS name on them, put them back to back and laminated them

I just did mine but didn't put them back to back.. but I might just go do that today! LOL

I too have DIS in the ears and my screen name in the center.
DH has NO idea.. what my fetish about Lime Green suddenly is.. but DD who is almost 5 sees anything Lime Green and says "Mommy this is lime green, we have to get it so we can take it to Disney!"

I even got her a Lime green shirt!

She wants me to put her "name" on a LGMH but I told her that wasn't safe...
I might just put mine name on it though :)

We are at 4 days till we leave and 5 days till we are THERE in the World!
So much to do and so little time to do it in.

I'm getting mine ready for Dec! Thanks for the ways to attach them. I think I'll make one for Pal Mickey too.

Not to be sexist, but a majority of the posters here are women. Since you apparently saw it on a man it is very possible that he was only LGMH'd cause his wife/girlfriend/sig. other put it on him or the bag he was holding and he really had no idea what it was for!

I know my DH really would be clueless and have no idea what to say to a total stranger if they came up to him while he was holding our backpack!:lmao: He isn't real social to begin with!

Keep looking next time you go. The first time I went I only saw a few people and then a few more the next time and when I was there last Sept I met a bunch. We had a great time talking to people, and some that I have met I still keep in contact with here.
Just to let you know the male DISer that I saw was wearing it around his neck in a pouch you'd use to keep theme park tix, room key, etc in. So it didn't strike me as a "here, hold this for a while honey" item. And a female significant other was with him and didn't say anything. Maybe he's a secret DISer and trying to keep that from her? :lmao: :lmao:

Working on mine today. Will add our screen name and laminate it.
Will have mine hanging on our bag when we go for Nov 2-9, hope to see some of you there:thumbsup2

I understand the OP's feelings. I was recognized only twice on my last visit. The first person mentioned my lanyard on the bus and admitted she was a lurker. Then at the bus stop at MK one night a whole family got my attention to introduce themselves. I forgot their names though. We could only speak for a minute before loading on different busses. They were very nice and it was fun to meet them. I felt slighted because we wore Lime Green shirts and lanyards every day that week and I know there were tons of Dissers there the first week of free dining.

You can tell from this picture we stood out.
Picture871.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter