Lexi's pre-trip report for Dream Factory wish trip! June 18-24, 2009

Those pics are wonderful, I love that tutu skirt and pirate eye patch I hope you find a way to get all your animal needs squared away. As for GKTW, we're planning to go to Seaworld that day and then come back the Christmas party. It's one of the things we definitely don't want to miss. Hopefully we'll run across each other, don't know how crowded it will be either. :goodvibes

The spaying while you are away is a good idea...that way she will be kept a little calmer than if she came home. If not, then I would find a good kennel...I have boarded my dogs at the vet and a kennel. Most vets (I know some do) do not have really great kenneling facilities, but will do it for their clients. I think (okay, I think I can tell my dogs moods! ;)) that mine prefer the kennel...they always stand at the gae whining until they open the "out" door to the outside portion of the run...then it's like see ya later mom...have fun...we have things to do...:rotfl::lmao::confused3;)...it is actually pretty funny to see...the kennel folks think its pretty funny too...that and they like to see my little car bouncing around from the two wild things ready to get out...my babies are lab mixes that are over 100 lbs each and I have a small car...

Lynn

The spaying while you are away is a good idea...that way she will be kept a little calmer than if she came home. If not, then I would find a good kennel...I have boarded my dogs at the vet and a kennel. Most vets (I know some do) do not have really great kenneling facilities, but will do it for their clients. I think (okay, I think I can tell my dogs moods! ;)) that mine prefer the kennel...they always stand at the gae whining until they open the "out" door to the outside portion of the run...then it's like see ya later mom...have fun...we have things to do...:rotfl::lmao::confused3;)...it is actually pretty funny to see...the kennel folks think its pretty funny too...that and they like to see my little car bouncing around from the two wild things ready to get out...my babies are lab mixes that are over 100 lbs each and I have a small car...

Lynn

Thanks for the advice. I am leaning more toward the kennel after reading this. They have one in our town that seems like someone is always there outside with the dogs.
My dd's little chihuahua is sooooo hyper and has never never been away from us. It does make me worried. I also got to thinking that if something happened while we were away the vet may not be able to get ahold of us and I would hate for that to happen. Even though I call Giselle (that's the dogs name) "The worlds worst dog" she does grow on you and you can't help but love her.:rolleyes::love::confused3

Thanks for the advice and I will feel alot better about boarding her now.

Trust me, everyone has the "worlds worst dog"!!! Have you seen the movie Marley & Me? (The book is better) I think between my two, they have done all those things plus some...right now I can't seem to put my hands on my pin cushion!!!:scared1: (Hoping it is just stored in someone's lair...I figured I would know by now if it was eaten, but then again this is the dog that ate a small fishing tackle box...(lucky none of the hooks were eaten only because they fell on the carpet and got stuck!) She will love the kennel...make sure to let them know that it is her first time, and see about getting some extra attenion for her...she will do great, and she will be happy to see you all when you return.

Lynn

We recieved our first package today from the Big Give:wizard:
I don't know if we are suppose to put names on the board so I will just say
THANK YOU and you know who you are. Of course the kids were wanting to open the package before I could get my camera out but they waited for me pretty patiently.

This is them waiting very patiently for mom
th_100_1962.jpg
th_100_1967.jpg
th_100_1971.jpg
th_100_1973.jpg
th_100_1980.jpg
th_100_1986.jpg
th_100_1984.jpg
th_100_1987.jpg

I am just catching up on your pre-trip report, and your children are beautiful! That is a really cool castle book!

Cool stuff..I love how excited the kids are!

I love all the recital pictures!!

Love the pirate patch and the tutu is gorgeous!

Your trip isn't too far away, I bet the kids are excited!

I am just catching up on your pre-trip report, and your children are beautiful! That is a really cool castle book!

Cool stuff..I love how excited the kids are!

I love all the recital pictures!!

Love the pirate patch and the tutu is gorgeous!

Your trip isn't too far away, I bet the kids are excited!

Thank you for your complimentes and YES We are getting so EXCITED!!!:cool1:
We are down to 9 days away now.

Our wish granter called to tell us she will be here tomorrow at 2:00 p.m.
I can't wait to meet with her. We will get our airline tickets and such.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning and seen that they have little mini princess cakes. They are the doll (ariel, sleeping beauty, belle and Snow White) with a dress (the cake) made around them. It was soooo cute and only cost 6 dollars. I didn't get one for my dd because icing is her worst enemy but thought it was a good party idea if someone else wants to use it.:confused3

Gotta get back to cleaning:laundy: and getting my house ready for us to be gone.

I'm glad Trent liked his pirate patch. He looked so cute in it. Alexis looked adorable in her tutu.

Your kids deserve the attention!!!! Thanks for the pictures.

Melanie

First a couple of not so good things. Lexi is sick again.....UGH!!! High BG's for no reason. She doesn't seem sick and has been eating on a schedule and not foods that don't agree with her. She has been so mean and hateful this morning that I just knew we were dealing with a high. Talked to her doc and he thinks her honeymoon period is ending. That is good and bad. Good because after it ends we will have more controlled BG's but bad because we are going to be dealing with this during our trip. We have upped her basal rate again so hopefully that will bring her down some. She woke up with a fasting BG that was alot higher than normal and her post eating was 389. Wow. So I am hoping to get this under control within the next 7 days. I would hate for her to be at Disney with these Glucose mood swings of hers. (she can get really hateful and mean to everyone around her. I heard this is a symptom of highs but it is sad for me to watch my otherwise happy-go-lucky child go through the moods.)

On a more positive note we think our DS has anemia and he has started taking iron pills so in 4 weeks we recheck and until then are keeping our fingers crossed.

Our DS recieved a package from the big give yesterday and Loves the outfit. I went ahead and let him wear it today because we are meeting with our Wish granter and he wanted to show it off. He promised me he would be careful with it. The pics don't do the outfit justice because you can't see all of the detail. They are captain Jack Sparrow (one of his fav and the color green):thumbsup2 They came from Nicole so a big THANK YOU to her.
We are sending all of you individual thank you cards so be on the look-out.
Thanks again to all who have made this trip even more special.

One other good thing is my DH and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversay today. We were almost able to celebrate it at Disney.
100_2041.jpg

100_2040.jpg

100_2042.jpg

Your son looks so cute in the pictures!
Happy Anniversary! Ours is the day after we get back from DW, so we will probably be too tired to celebrate!
Sorry DD is not feeling well, I can't imagine all of the adjustments her body is going through! I would be grumpy, too. It is hard to see your happy child turn with these mood swings. Sam was on a couple meds early on, that if he wasn't 5 years old, I would have been scared of him. It was BAD! I will say a prayer that things stabilize in the next few days so that this vacation is the best ever!!
Mary Anne

He looks so happy in the pirate shirt and shorts!

Happy Anniversary to you and your dh!

Thank you!!

We had our meeting today. We got our plane tickets and parking passes for the airport. We also recieved a little spending money and they had scheduled (as a surprise) for dd to go to the bbb. I already have one scheduled so I am going to cancel the one they made and keep the one I had made. I don't want to redo the schedule and they had one for the castle on a day we will be in Universal. They gave us 60 dollars for the makeover so it shouldn't be a problem. She also brought dd 2 books to read on the plane. DD wanted to read them right away because she is definitely a book worm. I had to put them up so they would be new for the 3 hours on the plane.

Your son looks so cute in the pictures!
Happy Anniversary! Ours is the day after we get back from DW, so we will probably be too tired to celebrate!
Sorry DD is not feeling well, I can't imagine all of the adjustments her body is going through! I would be grumpy, too. It is hard to see your happy child turn with these mood swings. Sam was on a couple meds early on, that if he wasn't 5 years old, I would have been scared of him. It was BAD! I will say a prayer that things stabilize in the next few days so that this vacation is the best ever!!
Mary Anne

Thank you! The prayers are what keeps me going. I couldn't imagine going through this without my faith and love for God.

Yeah! I am so excited that you actually have the plane tickets in hand. That must be such a relief. I am glad that your volunteer was able to meet with you and bring everything to you! :wizard:

Have you heard anything about your trip?

We have a date of November 21st to arrive. We are staying at a condo. That is all I know. The head of the KC chapter can not get a volunteer to pick Tyler's Wish since we live 3 hours from KC. She told me that we would have one by the Fishing for Dreams and we would meet them there, but that did not happen. At least we have a date!

I am so excited that your trip is so close. I hope that Lexi's BG levels out so you can have a fabulous trip! :yay:

Happy Anniversary!:thumbsup2

That pirate outfit is too cute, combo that with the eye patch and it's complete :goodvibes I'm sorry to hear about your dd's BGs troubling her again, I can relate to the mood swings, when my dd was on chemo and she was on steroids, oh my goodness how fast her mood could change on me.

Yay for meeting with the volunteers and getting your plane tickets, does it make you feel like it's close to really happening now? And good idea stashing the books, plus at least you have a relatively short flight time.

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It is feeling so real. I can't believe how close it is to being here.

GOOD NEWS!!!!! Changing dd's basal rate has helped. She woke up at a BG level of 117. She has been in a great mood all day and hopefully there won't be anymore adjustments until after our trip.

My kids really LOVE:love: all the items they have recieved. What an awesome experience. Our wish granter really made a big production over their things and it really made them feel good and special (especially my dd).

I am going to visit the doggy daycare today. Wish me luck because my dd has informed me she has to approve because it is her dog going there. :rotfl:

I am also going to try to figure out this photopass thingy so hopefully I will have it ordered and ready by the end of today.

There seems to be so much to do and not enough time to get it all done.

It was a no-go for the dog daycare. She had to be spayed to attend.:sad2:

So we were left with the choice of a small cage at the vet's office with minimal time outside of the cage or keeping her locked in our bathroom and hoping someone will come over a couple times a day to check on her etc.

We are opting for leaving her at home with a lot of doggy peewee pads:lmao:

Now if she will only not chew my cabinet to shreads while we are away.:rolleyes1

I did get the photopass ordered today and it was a very trying event. Went to the website couldn't figure it out called the help # and was told that you had to book through an agency to order. Explained this was a wish trip, I had a discount code and other wishers had ordered. Was told it didn't matter.

Then I went back to the main disboard and wrote for help there....While I waited........I called the help # again hoping to get someone different. Well the someone different told me the same thing, I explained to her and still no.

Then wonderful Maroo helped me with a link to go to. Maroo not only got me into ordering the cd and photobook but also gave a code that saved me alot of money. What would we do w/o her help:confused3

So now I am off to try to get some more things gathered and figure if I can find some kinda shield for our cabinet in the bathroom to keep that crazy dog from destroying it while she is unattended.

I was just going to mention PetsMart has a doggie hotel, but since you've mentioned that about spaying, maybe not. Maybe you can get her spayed within the next couple of days? Hope you get that figured out! I don't recommend leaving the doggy locked in a small room. Seems kind of cruel to me. Please reconsider. :( I hope you were just joking. :confused3

On the other hand.....your kids look great in their Big Give outfits. And I wanted to compliment Lexi on her pose in her tutu. Niiiiiiice.!

Good luck on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter