Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle- A May '14 TR *12/3 PTR Link to Real Life News

That is downright CRAZY that there were no rooms available!! On the whole Disney property! But at least you got to make the most out of it and get a full day in with a late night drive. How awesome that it's only a 6 hour drive away for y'all. We are at least double that with no stops!

Very, very true. Getting off a cruise ship is like that too. :sad: As much as I'm looking forward to the trip, I don't like to think about those parts. :sad2:

I love the spontaneous decisions! :thumbsup2

Mean old Disney! :mad:

Glad you ended up sticking around for another day!

That's awesome! :rotfl:

When you get off a cruise ship, you almost start referring to the entire ship as your own. Like, nobody that ever steps foot on the Magic again will have half as fun as my fellow vacationers and I did. We had the best time possible. :rotfl2:

Hahaha aww, thanks for being excited for me! I've wanted to go to Disneyland for so long that it doesn't even feel real yet!

Ohhhhhh Via Napoli... I haven't been there since 2010 and that is CLEARLY a mistake.

Isn't that just the way it goes?! The one time you actually COULD stay longer, you CAN'T. Sigh. Work with us, Disney!!!

I agree about the festival center. It's awesome! While I didn't make it over there during Flower and Garden last year, I did get to see the Food and Wine version, which was also really interesting. Though it happened to be the first day of the festival so, not quite relaxing. :laughing: Hopefully someday you can convince your dad to make it to Epcot for Flower and Garden!

I think all die hard Disney fans feel the need to make it over to DL at some point in their life. Alex and I were going to go this past April, but life got in the way. We're hoping when the kids get a little older we can make it over there.
Are you staying on site or at a good neighbor hotel? If so, which ones? Will any of the 60th celebrations be going on?
Maybe it'd be best to write a PTR or TR about your experience.....:lmao:

That is downright CRAZY that there were no rooms available!! On the whole Disney property! But at least you got to make the most out of it and get a full day in with a late night drive. How awesome that it's only a 6 hour drive away for y'all. We are at least double that with no stops!

It's really convienent only being 6 hours away from Disney. It's just far enough to justify a long trip, but not so far away that we can't go on a regular basis. The only Air Force base closer to Disney is in Tampa, and I told Alex that would be a very dangerous place for us to live. We'd go broke!

Friday, May 16th, 2014:

When Alex and I made it into the Magic Kingdom that afternoon, we hooked a right into Tomorrowland and walked right on to an attraction we hadn’t done in years.

When it comes down to it, I’m not a big Buzz fan. I just feel like the ride is outdated compared to Toy story Mania. However, we hadn’t gone on it yet, and we figured Landon would get a kick out of all the neon colors in the dark rooms.

Close.

He actually preferred the joystick in the middle of the car.

You know, the one that spins the ride vehicle side to side when jerked.

THAT was fun…

I can’t tell if we’re supremely concentrated on shooting the targets or intensely focused on not getting carsick due to Landon’s manhandling of the direction stick.

After our spin on Buzz, the three of us spent a short while wandering around. It was getting really, really crowded in the park and all the attractions had a minimum 30 minute wait. There wasn’t anything we were in the mood to stand around for, so we opted to head over to Frontierland and shop in Alex’s favorite pin store.

While perusing, Alex’s phone began ringing. It was the Enterprise people informing Alex that they needed him to pay his outstanding balance right away.

Red flags immediately went up. We’d already paid, and we should have had nothing due.

As it turns out, they were trying to charge us for that “upgrade” they gave us earlier in the week when our reserved car was rented out underneath us.

Precisely what I suspected would happen.

Luckily, I was prepared for just such a situation and told the person on the other end what had happened and how we got our price guarantee in writing. With taxes and insurance included. Gave them the sales rep name that handled our transaction and everything.

The guy on the phone was persistent and kept saying they weren’t allowed to do that, and that the rep made a mistake. To which we replied with, “That’s not our fault.”
The argument was getting pretty heated between Alex and Enterprise.

Alex was pacing back and forth from the pin shop to Pecos Bill, trying his hardest to not yell in the middle of the Magic Kingdom.

It was a ridiculous dispute, one that I was afraid would happen when they gave us that “free upgrade,” but after close to 20 minutes on the line, Enterprise finally waived the difference when Alex asked to speak to someone higher up.

Not exactly what we wanted to deal with on our last Disney day; it definitely took a little hot air out of our balloons, so to speak.
We were still kind of frustrated even when the call was done with, so we thought it best to find a nice place to sit and wait for the upcoming Festival of Fantasy parade.

There were empty seats in front of the Hall of Presidents, so Alex sat down with the stroller and I took Landon into the waiting area of the show to let him run around in some air conditioning.

Our view:

Fifteen minutes before the parade was set to start, I dropped Landon off with Alex and ran down to the Sleepy Hollow snack stand. It was incredibly hot out, and both of us wanted some root beer floats to cool off with.

They were a delicious snack, but unfortunately I made the rookie mistake of sticking my straw in my dessert before I made my way back to Alex. This caused the drink to fizz up and spill all over my hands and cup.

The stuff was still spilling over when I sat down, leaving a fun mess by my feet that Landon kept wanting to get involved with.

You’d think with my extensive knowledge of ice cream based treats I wouldn’t have let myself do that.

I blame it on just how dang hot it was.

About the time the parade started Landon’s mood plummeted and he’d kind of had enough. He wanted to get out of the sun and back into some cool air, but since we were right at the front we were stuck in our spots.

Landon just had to squirm in our arms for the next ten minutes.

Once Festival of Fantasy reached us, Landon settled down a little.

Still wasn’t thrilled, though.

I wish I knew what was going on here…

Despite it feeling like a million degrees and Landon being grumpy, Alex and I still loved the parade and didn’t regret getting a front row seat for it.

It says a lot about how great that show is that we wanted to see it twice in a trip. This was coming from the guy who had NEVER stuck around for a 3 o’clock parade before.

Disney did well with Festival of Fantasy.

Very well.

The crowds were swarming us the second the last float passed us, and neither of us felt like getting swept up in them. But Landon really needed to get out of the heat. So I scooted back inside the Hall of Presidents and sat down on a bench with him and gave him something to drink.

A couple minutes in the room, and he was doing much better.
So much better, in fact, that he felt the urge to get up and dance around.

My kid, never the shy one, ran up to these 2 elderly ladies and started rocking out in front of them. They thought it was the cutest thing ever.

UNTIL…

Until, my 13 month old decided to put his hands on the ground and shake his butt up and down.

Right in front of them.

Yep.

My kid definitely did the toddler version of twerking for these two old ladies.

I literally saw their smiles drop.

“Oh my!” one of them exclaimed.

I was mortified!

I grabbed Landon and ran back out to Alex, covering my beet red face and beginning to laugh the second I sat back down. It took me a few minutes to even get out what I was trying to say.

So embarrassing.

That was in the Top 5 most memorable moments of the trip.

Between me locking everyone out of the room at 2 in the morning and Landon dirty dancing in front of old women, Alex probably wondered if he could take his family out in public anymore.

So. After THAT happened, it was fine time we moved on again.

Up next…One More DISmeet for Good Measure

Last edited:
The lifeless eyes of Buzz Lightyear! :rotfl:

When it comes down to it, I’m not a big Buzz fan. I just feel like the ride is outdated compared to Toy story Mania.
I totally agree. That said, we still always do it because it is there and usually pretty easy to get on without much of a wait.

THAT was fun…
Oh yeah... been there done that. The big kids have guns. The toddlers have the puke stick.

It was the Enterprise people informing Alex that they needed him to pay his outstanding balance right away.

Red flags immediately went up. We’d already paid, and we should have had nothing due.

As it turns out, they were trying to charge us for that “upgrade” they gave us earlier in the week when our reserved car was rented out underneath us.

Precisely what I suspected would happen.
Oh no... :sad2:

It was a ridiculous dispute, one that I was afraid would happen when they gave us that “free upgrade,” but after close to 20 minutes on the line, Enterprise finally waived the difference when Alex asked to speak to someone higher up.
I'm glad that he was finally able to get it taken care of, but dang, that definitely isn't what you want to have to deal with standing in the middle of the Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure I'd have been quite as patient about it.

The stuff was still spilling over when I sat down, leaving a fun mess by my feet that Landon kept wanting to get involved with.
Well, the root beer floats would be the perfect treat for the situation. But definite rookie mistake! That had to be a nice sticky mess as it dried.

And I can only imagine that Landon wanted to be right in the middle of it.

It says a lot about how great that show is that we wanted to see it twice in a trip. This was coming from the guy who had NEVER stuck around for a 3 o’clock parade before.

Very well.
I hope we can manage to see the whole thing next time we go. Everybody has nothing but good things to say about this one.

My kid, never the shy one, ran up to these 2 elderly ladies and started rocking out in front of them. They thought it was the cutest thing ever.

UNTIL…

Until, my 13 month old decided to put his hands on the ground and shake his butt up and down.

Right in front of them.

Yep.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Oh... kids. You just can't ever tell what will happen next.

I'm not a big Buzz fan either Alicia. Not even so much in its comparison to TSMM, but because it makes no sense to me that I have to do this by aiming a red dot. :laughing:

Good on you Alicia, for being so prepared for the inevitable Enterprise call. That would have gotten me fuming as well. This is certainly not something you want to deal with, especially on your last Disney day. But then again, what better place to bring the happy back than Magic Kingdom?

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about by sticking in the straw before travel. I always try to keep from doing it for that exact reason.

Very well.

Yes they did.

Totally been there with the toddler controlling the Buzz Stick - not fun ... though makes for a good excuse if your scores aren't very high

That really sucks about Enterprise. At least it worked out in the end, but come'on - like you would have asked for the upgrade and then lied in an effort to get the upgrade for free? Is it really worth that?!?!?!

Heat and toddlers definitely don't mix, but glad seeing the parade. From what I have heard the FoF parade has made a lot of non-parade people into parade people.

Glad you were laughing about the incident with the old ladies as I must admit I chuckled a bit in reading it. I was picturing the old lady in that Buick commercial that says "oh my!" :rotfl2:

In the end it made for a good story ... and what is life if not a series of good stories, right? ;)

Wow, Alicia, I can't believe Landon is 2 already, and I'm sure you can't either. Happy birthday, little buddy!

I feel for you trying to get him to nap in Epcot. It's so frustrating when they get out of their little routines ... and especially when they can't/won't sleep! I can't decide if Disney World is the best or worst place to have to deal with that. :confused3

We looooove Via Napoli! My mouth totally started watering looking at your pizza, lol.

It's too bad ALL of the resorts were booked up (I didn't even know that was possible?!), but how awesome that y'all got to stay an extra day! IMO, the best part of that day so far was Landon twerking for those two ladies. Hilarious!

I'm back and trying to catch up.

Too funny about Landon and the "let's make the parents nauseous stick" on Buzz.

Spoiler alert...missed the parade again (but have FP+ for it in July).

I'm literally :rotfl2::rotfl2: over Landon dirty dancing in front of the older ladies.

What a mess with the car company...but glad you got it settled.

I have to admit- I just read these 21 pages in 2 days. :rotfl2:(I noticed your siggy while reading Dugette's TR.)

I really enjoyed it because we've brought both our older kids at 14 months. We go again when Baby is 13 months, and I'm sure hoping he's not walking yet- the other 2 weren't. You and DH did such a great job letting him explore, though!

I also loved your mini report with your Mom! How I would love to take my mom and kids and just explore!

AND- I think congratulations are in order!? I just happened to catch the below comment, but didn't see an official announcement!
I want to finish up my reports as quickly as possible, because I don't think it'll do me any good to see photos of Disney food once I get farther along. The cravings...they're real.:rotfl:

That's okay that you have to skip 2016. Just think about how nice it'll be when you do get to return. All your boys will be so happy. And baby would be a little older so they'd be able to take more in.

I can't wait to read your next report! I'm not sure when you went, because I read so much, but I think you've gone back at least once since the Dec. trip with your Mom? SO glad your hubby is home!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG - the visual of Landon twerking in front of two ladies is definitely hysterical. Hey - the kid was hot - he was probably trying to cool off. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Imagine Enterprise calling Alex and saying he owed more money. Whaaaaaaaaaa????????? That is ridiculous. OMG - I would have been so peeved.

Love the pictures from the parade.

I'm glad you recovered from your motion sickness after riding Buzz with Landon at the helm. :faint:

Oh wow! You sound like me- trying to do whatever it takes to be able to stay just one more day! I LOLed at Disney- kicking you out... I can't believe there were no rooms available! That is so precious about the monorail music. We have the MSEP song on our phone and our boys instantly know that is Disney music! :)))) Oh and the other day- Lawson checked out a book on Walt Disney from the library at school... I found it in his bookbag. Proud mom moment. :)

I totally agree. That said, we still always do it because it is there and usually pretty easy to get on without much of a wait.

Oh yeah... been there done that. The big kids have guns. The toddlers have the puke stick.

I found that I like Buzz better by myself, when I can concentrate on getting all the points without worrying about someone moving the vehicle in another direction. I think next trip Landon's going to get the gun, though.

I'm glad that he was finally able to get it taken care of, but dang, that definitely isn't what you want to have to deal with standing in the middle of the Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure I'd have been quite as patient about it.

Well, the root beer floats would be the perfect treat for the situation. But definite rookie mistake! That had to be a nice sticky mess as it dried.

And I can only imagine that Landon wanted to be right in the middle of it.

Oh yeah, Landon was drawn to that mess like a fly. Thank goodness I'd brought enough napkins to cover it up. But I kept having to make sure none of us stepped in it.

I hope we can manage to see the whole thing next time we go. Everybody has nothing but good things to say about this one.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Oh... kids. You just can't ever tell what will happen next.

It is really worth watching. I don't know if I'd stand out in the FL summer heat for it, but there's basically nothing I'd do that for. But if you're there in the winter again, definitely worth seeing.

I'm not a big Buzz fan either Alicia. Not even so much in its comparison to TSMM, but because it makes no sense to me that I have to do this by aiming a red dot. :laughing:

Good on you Alicia, for being so prepared for the inevitable Enterprise call. That would have gotten me fuming as well. This is certainly not something you want to deal with, especially on your last Disney day. But then again, what better place to bring the happy back than Magic Kingdom?

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about by sticking in the straw before travel. I always try to keep from doing it for that exact reason.

Yes they did.

I have terrible eyesight, and if I'm riding with someone else on Buzz, I'm pretty much taking a guess as to which red dot is mine. It's always a surprise whether or not I actually hit anything.

Ugh, that straw trick is so hard to remember. I don't think I've eaten a float outside of Disney (at least in the last 10 years) so it's not something I think of on a day to day basis. Maybe one day I won't make a mess all over the Magic Kingdom.

Totally been there with the toddler controlling the Buzz Stick - not fun ... though makes for a good excuse if your scores aren't very high

That really sucks about Enterprise. At least it worked out in the end, but come'on - like you would have asked for the upgrade and then lied in an effort to get the upgrade for free? Is it really worth that?!?!?!

Heat and toddlers definitely don't mix, but glad seeing the parade. From what I have heard the FoF parade has made a lot of non-parade people into parade people.

Glad you were laughing about the incident with the old ladies as I must admit I chuckled a bit in reading it. I was picturing the old lady in that Buick commercial that says "oh my!" :rotfl2:

In the end it made for a good story ... and what is life if not a series of good stories, right? ;)

That lady in the Buick commercial is almost exactly like the lady in the Hall of Presidents. Mortifying, but certainly memorable. And if we all didn't have those kind of moments, then this Trip Report section of the boards would be mighty boring.

Wow, Alicia, I can't believe Landon is 2 already, and I'm sure you can't either. Happy birthday, little buddy!

I feel for you trying to get him to nap in Epcot. It's so frustrating when they get out of their little routines ... and especially when they can't/won't sleep! I can't decide if Disney World is the best or worst place to have to deal with that. :confused3

We looooove Via Napoli! My mouth totally started watering looking at your pizza, lol.

It's too bad ALL of the resorts were booked up (I didn't even know that was possible?!), but how awesome that y'all got to stay an extra day! IMO, the best part of that day so far was Landon twerking for those two ladies. Hilarious!

I can't believe Landon is 2 already, either. Time is flying by. He's nothing like the little toddler that was in this trip report, anymore.

Who the heck would think all the Disney resorts would have been booked up? I guess opening weekend of Star Wars Weekend is extremely popular.

I have discovered parenthood involves a lot of moments where your kid embarasses you.

I'm back and trying to catch up.

Too funny about Landon and the "let's make the parents nauseous stick" on Buzz.

Spoiler alert...missed the parade again (but have FP+ for it in July).

I'm literally :rotfl2::rotfl2: over Landon dirty dancing in front of the older ladies.

What a mess with the car company...but glad you got it settled.

I hope you had a wonderful trip! You tagged Rob in a picture of Wishes so it showed up on my newsfeed. It looked like you had a great fireworks viewing experience. Can't wait to read about it in an upcoming report.

You've probably said it before and I just can't remember, but what dates are you going to be there in July? We have a room booked for a tentative getaway in July. We're playing it by ear, but it'd be nice to get a couple days in the world.

I have to admit- I just read these 21 pages in 2 days. :rotfl2:(I noticed your siggy while reading Dugette's TR.)

I really enjoyed it because we've brought both our older kids at 14 months. We go again when Baby is 13 months, and I'm sure hoping he's not walking yet- the other 2 weren't. You and DH did such a great job letting him explore, though!

Thanks for reading! That age is certainly an adventure. I hadn't thought about Landon walking when we booked the trip, and it was a bit of a learning curve once we got there. Life is so much easier before babies become mobile!

I also loved your mini report with your Mom! How I would love to take my mom and kids and just explore!

Thank you. Even though it was only a few days, that was a really fun trip. Everything just worked out perfectly. The weather, the crowds, Landon's mood. It was great.

AND- I think congratulations are in order!? I just happened to catch the below comment, but didn't see an official announcement!

Haha, thank you so much. Thinking about it, I don't think I posted anything official on the boards. Time goes way too quickly when you've already got a kid to keep up with that it just slipped my mind.

I can't wait to read your next report! I'm not sure when you went, because I read so much, but I think you've gone back at least once since the Dec. trip with your Mom? SO glad your hubby is home!

It's so nice to have Alex home again. In fact, he's taken Landon to an open gym this morning so I get some free time to do whatever I want. (Which is usually get on the DIS). I dearly missed those kid-free mornings while he was gone.

My mom and I took a trip in August, which I'll probably add to the end of this one, since it won't be very long.
And then Alex and I (and Landon) went at the end of February as a welcome home trip. That was an unbelievable vacation; I can't wait to share my experience.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG - the visual of Landon twerking in front of two ladies is definitely hysterical. Hey - the kid was hot - he was probably trying to cool off. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Imagine Enterprise calling Alex and saying he owed more money. Whaaaaaaaaaa????????? That is ridiculous. OMG - I would have been so peeved.

Love the pictures from the parade.

I'm glad you recovered from your motion sickness after riding Buzz with Landon at the helm. :faint:

Landon's an expert at embarrassing me, but that definitely took that cake. I don't even know where he picked that move up from.

I had a sneaky suspicion something was going to go awry with the rental car, but it was still irritating.

Lesson learned with Buzz. Landon gets the gun from now on, and we get the direction stick...

Oh wow! You sound like me- trying to do whatever it takes to be able to stay just one more day! I LOLed at Disney- kicking you out... I can't believe there were no rooms available! That is so precious about the monorail music. We have the MSEP song on our phone and our boys instantly know that is Disney music! :)))) Oh and the other day- Lawson checked out a book on Walt Disney from the library at school... I found it in his bookbag. Proud mom moment. :)

Playing catch-up (seems to be the story of my life) and read all of the latest updates. There's so much that I wanted to say but I'll just talk about the latest update so I can keep my thought straight. I agree that Via Napoli has THE best pizza on Disney property. Heck, it's some of the best pizza that I've had anywhere. I remember those days of chasing a little one around World Showcase. The little kiddos may not remember those times but the parents sure do.

It's too bad that there wasn't a room to be had at Walt Disney World. But, you two did some quick thinking on your feet and saved the day by deciding to stick around as long as you possibly could.

You've probably said it before and I just can't remember, but what dates are you going to be there in July? We have a room booked for a tentative getaway in July. We're playing it by ear, but it'd be nice to get a couple days in the world.

July 10 - 18

He actually preferred the joystick in the middle of the car.
Little Miss did too!! That and playing with daddy's gun! (not that I encouraged that last one or anything! :rolleyes1)

THAT was fun…
Yeah I'm grateful she didn't go crazy with it.

Not exactly what we wanted to deal with on our last Disney day; it definitely took a little hot air out of our balloons, so to speak.
We were still kind of frustrated even when the call was done with, so we thought it best to find a nice place to sit and wait for the upcoming Festival of Fantasy parade.
What a bummer!

They were a delicious snack, but unfortunately I made the rookie mistake of sticking my straw in my dessert before I made my way back to Alex. This caused the drink to fizz up and spill all over my hands and cup.

:headache:

Very well.
::yes::

Right in front of them.

Yep.
:rotfl:

I literally saw their smiles drop.

“Oh my!” one of them exclaimed.

I was mortified!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Between me locking everyone out of the room at 2 in the morning and Landon dirty dancing in front of old women, Alex probably wondered if he could take his family out in public anymore.

Playing catch-up (seems to be the story of my life) and read all of the latest updates. There's so much that I wanted to say but I'll just talk about the latest update so I can keep my thought straight. I agree that Via Napoli has THE best pizza on Disney property. Heck, it's some of the best pizza that I've had anywhere. I remember those days of chasing a little one around World Showcase. The little kiddos may not remember those times but the parents sure do.

It's too bad that there wasn't a room to be had at Walt Disney World. But, you two did some quick thinking on your feet and saved the day by deciding to stick around as long as you possibly could.

Via Napoli is delicious. I have a hard time not eating there every trip, just because that pizza is so hard to pass up.
I remember there was one point on this trip that Landon discovered a duck in the theater where the Candlelight Processional is performed. Hours of entertainment...

July 10 - 18

That's a great time. If we do decide to go, we will be there the 13th through the 17th.

Little Miss did too!! That and playing with daddy's gun! (not that I encouraged that last one or anything! :rolleyes1)

Yeah I'm grateful she didn't go crazy with it.

What a bummer!

:headache:

::yes::

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I think I prefer TSMM simply becaue they spin the vehicle for us. Plus, Landon can hold on to the gun while I still pull the string. I do think next time we go on it, though, Landon is going to get his own seat with one of us. Probably the easiest solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter