Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

Sorry! I accidentally hit send before I was done with my message!

If my PAT is 12.30 can I get to the port early just to try to upgrade?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newbie. This forum has been so helpful and I so appreciate everyone's willingness to help each other!!

Thank you!

Following.....Wonder in March....I'm really happy with our booked room. But still can't help really hoping for some Disney magic and an upgrade! pixiedust:pixiedust:

Sorry! I accidentally hit send before I was done with my message!

If my PAT is 12.30 can I get to the port early just to try to upgrade?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newbie. This forum has been so helpful and I so appreciate everyone's willingness to help each other!!

Thank you!

I was wondering the same things........ is there a special location that I need to go within the port to see about upgrades or is it just done at the checkin counter? Do i ask about upgrades or are they just offered

When we arrive at the Port (CC) where would we go to inquire about an upgrade?

At Port Canaveral you check in first and then go to the supervisor's desk, which is at the far right when you're facing the check-in counters. It helps to have an early PAT since you can't ask for an upgrade until you've checked in. You could luck out even if you arrive a little later, though, if someone before you in line upgrades from a category that you want.

At Port Canaveral you check in first and then go to the supervisor's desk, which is at the far right when you're facing the check-in counters. It helps to have an early PAT since you can't ask for an upgrade until you've checked in. You could luck out even if you arrive a little later, though, if someone before you in line upgrades from a category that you want.

Thanks so much! Our PAT is 11:00.

We're happy with our room choice. We are in a 5A. We always book what we are happy with. If a good up-sell comes along then we ponder it.

I went online to look at we can't select any rooms above that. "Concierge w/Verandah" tab is shadowed out.
So I am guessing that means all categories above ours are booked!
We are on the Jan 27th-Magic sailing.

On the dream right now. First in line to check in and to check for an upgrade. No concierge rooms left :( We already had Cat 4B was hoping for cat T but no luck this time!

On the dream right now. First in line to check in and to check for an upgrade. No concierge rooms left :( We already had Cat 4B was hoping for cat T but no luck this time!

First in line WooHoo! Can you tell me what time that was please? And how did you arrive? Personal car, bus,..?

Thanks!!

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 5B
#2. Which Ship? Re-imagined Magic
#3. Number of Nights? 4nights (Nassau/CC)
#4. Month/Year of Sailing - January 2014
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11am
#6. What time did you check-in? 11am
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? CatT
#8. How much was the upgrade? $960

Well worth the upgrade - got 8602 large 1 bedroom HUGE deck/verandah

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 5B
#2. Which Ship? Re-imagined Magic
#3. Number of Nights? 4nights (Nassau/CC)
#4. Month/Year of Sailing - January 2014
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11am
#6. What time did you check-in? 11am
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? CatT
#8. How much was the upgrade? $960

Well worth the upgrade - got 8602 large 1 bedroom HUGE deck/verandah

Which date on the Magic? Our sailing had CatTs available on line up to the day before, but we had a rental car glitch and arrived at the Port much later than planned/hoped and we were too late as the "NO UPGRADE" sign was flying by the time we arrived (after 1pm) :(

We were on the 1/13 4 night Magic and were second in line for upgrades. Both I and the women next to me declined the 3 Cat Ts they had (no other options). I had researched this intently before we left since there were suites still available.

I was in an 11B and the upgrade would have been $1400. Now while this was a significant drop from the current pricing before we left (and when I booked), it was only $200 cheaper from opening day prices. ($1320 for 1st and 2nd pax opening day, $2040 pp before we left) All other categories were still at opening day prices when we booked a week out AND they had *GTs.

The woman next to me was in a veranda (sorry, can't remember what Cat exactly) and it was $940. This seemed to fall in line with a $200 savings from opening day prices also. I was looking for more like $800 (half of opening day) for me and she was looking for more in the line of $400-$500.

What I came away with this info? If you book at opening day prices for your cruise, just get the suite then if you want it. If you book and the prices of all or most cabins rose already, it may be worth the upgrade at the port. CruiseFish.net is a great place to research this.

Oh, and I also learned I will never be in a suite! :rolleyes1

When you're facing the check-in desks, the supervisor's desk is all the way down at the far right.

Sometimes people mention how much it would have cost to book the category they ultimately end up upgrading to ahead of time. To do that, you can just pull up your reservation and see what the price is for the category you have in mind. For instance, I had been watching DCL's site before our September cruise on the Dream, and the cost for a category T (1-bedroom suite) was around $5,300. I could have "upgraded" to that category at any time. We chose to take our chances and wait until we got to port since there were 4 showing as available. DH and I had paid about $1,300 for category 7A and the port upgrade to category T cost $1,100 (it was Labor Day weekend, so the prices were a little higher). So our total price was around $2,400, or $2,900 less than it would have cost for us to upgrade to a category T before we sailed.

Where can you go to see what is available?

Where can you go to see what is available?

Go to DCL's site and go through the motions of booking a cruise on the date you have in mind. Choose the category you want and then click on Select Stateroom on the left side of the screen. You will see 8 (I think) available rooms in that category. There may be more available, but to find out you'd have to try specific room numbers. If fewer than 8 are displayed, that's all that is available in that category.

Which date on the Magic? Our sailing had CatTs available on line up to the day before, but we had a rental car glitch and arrived at the Port much later than planned/hoped and we were too late as the "NO UPGRADE" sign was flying by the time we arrived (after 1pm) :(

I was on the Jan 13th - 17th cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter