Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

So if the disney cruise website is stating all the OOT categories are booked is that accurate?? ....

Pretty much. Although reservations can change at the last minute for some. :scared1:

Still worth checking at the port though. I've actually read about upgrades after sailaway due to someone missing the ship. I suppose you would inquire at guest services for that, after the fact upgrade. :confused3

On the dream right NOW (4 night Sept 1-5)! We were on the first cruise bus into port on sunday and were checked in by 10:10 am. I decided to check for an upgrade around 10:45 (not sure why it didn't cross my mind right away?).

Anyway, they had TONS of upgrades. We got the last Cat V. There were other V rooms that were taken before we got up there. There were several Cat. T's available, as well as a huge number of deck 9 cat 4a rooms.

We had booked a 7a. Cost to upgrade for the 4-night dream from a 7a to:

Cat 4a: $400
Cat 00V: $700
Cat OOT: $1100

I can't believe how nice concierge is. I have to tell you I would have never thought it could make this much difference in my experience.

We were on the 9/1 4-night Dream sailing as well. We stayed at the Hyatt MCO the night before embarkation and were on the first bus to port. We were in the terminal by about 10:10 and were the first ones at the supervisor's desk. DH and I were celebrating our anniversary and were hoping to upgrade to Concierge, so we only asked about cat V and T. We were also quoted $700 for a V and $1,100 for a T. Based on what I had read here I was expecting that price for the V, but the T was less than I had expected (it's all relative, of course!). We went ahead and splurged on the T. We got the last one on deck 12, but there were several others on deck 11. As of 3 days before sail date, the DCL web site had been showing only 1 cat V and 5 cat T. I'm guessing that a couple of people who had booked cat V upgraded at port to cat T.

I asked the CM at the supervisor's desk a few questions about the pricing chart. She confirmed that the chart is produced before each cruise and that it does vary based on certain factors (she was very vague about what those factors are). DH and I speculated that the difference in price between a V and a T may have been smaller than usual because there were 5 available. Like LocaRoja, we had an absolutely amazing time and were very impressed with the service and perks in concierge. I'll be starting a trip report soon and will detail our experience there.

ETA: We had booked a cat 7A under the DRM promotion, which was $599/person for DH and me + a $100 OBC. We had been assigned a 5A at about 52 days out. The CM asked us for our room number when we got to the supervisor's desk. I'm not sure whether the price she quoted us was for an upgrade from 7A to T or from 5A to T. I know that in theory the cost is supposed to be based on the category you booked, but I did not confirm what category she used as her starting point.

We were on the 9/1 4-night Dream sailing as well. We stayed at the Hyatt MCO the night before embarkation and were on the first bus to port. We were in the terminal by about 10:10 and were the first ones at the supervisor's desk. DH and I were celebrating our anniversary and were hoping to upgrade to Concierge, so we only asked about cat V and T. We were also quoted $700 for a V and $1,100 for a T. Based on what I had read here I was expecting that price for the V, but the T was a less than I had expected (it's all relative, of course!). We went ahead and splurged on the T. We got the last one on deck 12, but there were several others on deck 11. As of 3 days before sail date, the DCL web site had been showing only 1 cat V and 5 cat T. I'm guessing that a couple of people who had booked cat V upgraded at port to cat T.

I asked the CM at the supervisor's desk a few questions about the pricing chart. She confirmed that the chart is produced before each cruise and that it does vary based on certain factors (she was very vague about what those factors are). DH and I speculated that the difference in price between a V and a T may have been smaller than usual because there were 5 available. Like LocaRoja, we had an absolutely amazing time and were very impressed with the service and perks in concierge. I'll be starting a trip report soon and will detail our experience there.

ETA: We had booked a cat 7A under the DRM promotion, which was $599/person for DH and me + a $100 OBC. We had been assigned a 5A at about 52 days out. The CM asked us for our room number when we got to the supervisor's desk. I'm not sure whether the price she quoted us was for an upgrade from 7A to T or from 5A to T. I know that in theory the cost is supposed to be based on the category you booked, but I did not confirm what category she used as her starting point.

When we upgraded, it appeared to me, the CM Supervisor went to the chart/matrix and compared our assigned stateroom/category to the upgraded stateroom/category. Based on the spreadsheet I built from all the upgrades in this thread, I would have to say the price was based on moving from a 5A.
I don't believe the upgrade desk has any information with regards to how much you originally paid or what you may have originally booked.

When we upgraded, it appeared to me, the CM Supervisor went to the chart/matrix and compared our assigned stateroom/category to the upgraded stateroom/category. Based on the spreadsheet I built from all the upgrades in this thread, I would have to say the price was based on moving from a 5A.
I don't believe the upgrade desk has any information with regards to how much you originally paid or what you may have originally booked.

Yes, I thought the same thing. After the supervisor asked for our room number, she typed something on her keyboard. I assumed that she was pulling up our reservation and that she would be able to see that we had booked a 7A. I was happy with the price we were quoted for the cat T, so I didn't ask questions at that point!

On the dream right NOW (4 night Sept 1-5)! We were on the first cruise bus into port on sunday and were checked in by 10:10 am. I decided to check for an upgrade around 10:45 (not sure why it didn't cross my mind right away?).

Anyway, they had TONS of upgrades. We got the last Cat V. There were other V rooms that were taken before we got up there. There were several Cat. T's available, as well as a huge number of deck 9 cat 4a rooms.

We had booked a 7a. Cost to upgrade for the 4-night dream from a 7a to:

Cat 4a: $400
Cat 00V: $700
Cat OOT: $1100
I can't believe how nice concierge is. I have to tell you I would have never thought it could make this much difference in my experience.

We booked a 7a for the Dream 9/8/13 cruise but a month ago DH had a very bad episode with his back and is in treatment now. I paid $596 to upgrade from 7A to 4B to get a accessible cabin for his rental scooter. So the at port upgrade was $400 instead of my pre-cruise upgrade of $596.
I couldn't take the chance of waiting to upgrade to an accessible cabin at the port since they are so hard to get.
Michele

So IM new to this? I see a port arrival time and a "check in" time. I thought you had to checking at the time cruise assigned to you? How do you check in early?
We go in 20 days and I was going to try to uograde At port

You can check in when you arrive regardless of your PAT time. Though your boarding time is designated by your PAT time. Say your PAT is 12:30 and you arrive at 11:00. You can check in but your can't board until your boarding number is called. But apparently if you arrive before your PAT time and the terminal is full they ask you to wait to enter (due to fire codes).

MJ

Yes, I thought the same thing. After the supervisor asked for our room number, she typed something on her keyboard. I assumed that she was pulling up our reservation and that she would be able to see that we had booked a 7A. I was happy with the price we were quoted for the cat T, so I didn't ask questions at that point!

We had booked a 7a on the same special ($599/person plus 100 OBC) and were assigned to a 7a room (9512) when we upgraded at port for the Sept 1 Dream cruise. I saw on the magic cart when we were checking prices that she was using the 7a cabin level to give the prices of 400, 700, and 1100 for Cat 4a, V, and T, respectively. Based on the fact that you had the same prices, I think it
s based on the category you booked.

We were also on the 9/1/13 Dream 4-night cruise and upgraded at the port. We used private car service and arrived at the port around 10:10am but we were not let into the terminal until 10:30am when it opened. We checked in at the platinum desk and immediately went to the supervisors desk to check for upgrades. We had two cabins and upgraded both.

Cat 4B to Cat T - $740 for each cabin.

I priced out the upgrades before leaving and for 3 of us in a Cat 4B to move to a Cat T it would have been $3900 so it was well worth the $740 to upgrade at the port.

Mystery Fan said:
This is good info, I went through all the posts and made myself a spreadsheet so I could figure out the cost from category to category per cruise length. We really were impressed when we upgraded to the 1-bedroom suite Cat OOT. The amenities and extra space were awesome.

I have not made it to the beginning of this thread and wondered how often are Royal suites open and the range of upgrade prices even if booked in T or V already?

Also, how long do they keep the cruise availability on their webpage before each cruise to check on availability? How short notice can one book a cruise?

Alaska from Inside to ocean view $500, and to verandah $1000. We didn't upgrade as thought these were a bit steep

Nikki

Fantasy sept 21
5e to 4a was $562

It appears the port upgrades are getting to be less of a deal than they used to be.

This same upgrade for the 10/19 sailing, if purchased now, is $504 for two, $553 for three, and $602 for four.

We had intended to try for an upgrade from our assigned 5D's (6A GTY's) and instead opted to upgrade last week to 4B's.

If the port upgrade price is the same as last week's, we've saved ourselves quite a bit by NOT waiting!

7 day Fantasy: This might be a good deal but wasn't to me since we were told we could upgrade from an 11 to a balcony guarantee for $300 prior to leaving and when we got there it was $900 for a balcony. Let's just say we spent the $900 on souvies and shore excursions! :goodvibes

Kathy

Upgrades at a discount are nice...unless they "hook" you in like they did us :)

Last year we got an upgrade at the port...concierge suite. Cannot remember the exact price, but it was a great deal. We loved the service and the lounge sooooo much that we couldn't risk it this year. Yep, they "hooked" us and now we're paying full price.

Careful what you wish for :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter