Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

And that is cheaper than you would have paid if you bought it beforehand?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

After receiving the bill at the end of the cruise, the upgrade from 4a to cat 00T was $525, not $585. As I understand, the upgrade cost is by room and not by the number in your party. Prior to sail date, cost for two passengers in cat 4a was $2,518 and cat 00T was $5,885 for two passengers. By upgrading at the port, the all in was $3,043, which saved us $2,842. We were fortunate that a 00T was available.

After receiving the bill at the end of the cruise, the upgrade from 4a to cat 00T was $525, not $585. As I understand, the upgrade cost is by room and not by the number in your party. Prior to sail date, cost for two passengers in cat 4a was $2,518 and cat 00T was $5,885 for two passengers. By upgrading at the port, the all in was $3,043, which saved us $2,842. We were fortunate that a 00T was available.

:thumbsup2

That's an amazing upgrade for very little money! Congrats.

count this as an "almost"...we had a category 5A room (9060) on the Fantasy....checked in about 11:15 and went to the upgrades desk...

asked if any were any upgrades available and she said there were no remaining upgrades, so I asked if any had been available and what was the cost...

she said there was an upgrade earlier, i believe room 11006, and the cost for me would've been $1600 had it been available....

I booked a VGT on the 4 night Disney Dream for Aug 11. I was assigned a 5A. I checked and it would have been $400 to upgrade to a category 4A at port.

Do you go right to that desk first or do you do a "normal" check in first and ask there before they send you to the Supervisors desk?

You have to check in first. If you try to go there first, they will send you back down the counter to check in. :goodvibes

So IM new to this? I see a port arrival time and a "check in" time. I thought you had to checking at the time cruise assigned to you? How do you check in early?
We go in 20 days and I was going to try to uograde At port

Aug 17th 7-day Fantasy. Arrived port 10:15, checked in. Went to supervisor's desk by 10:30. Short line ahead of me. People ahead of me upgraded from two interiors on 9th deck to verandahs on lower decks. I was already booked in 7a verandah. Was hoping to upgrade to family verandah or concierge. None available.

Pardon the ignorance... What is a 00T?

It's the one bedroom concierge suite. :)

Thank you kindly! We are in a verandah room now on the magic... Rooms 6028&6030. Connecting. Super excited. The likelihood of upgrading are slim to none but its nice to dDREAM!!!!

On the dream right NOW (4 night Sept 1-5)! We were on the first cruise bus into port on sunday and were checked in by 10:10 am. I decided to check for an upgrade around 10:45 (not sure why it didn't cross my mind right away?).

Anyway, they had TONS of upgrades. We got the last Cat V. There were other V rooms that were taken before we got up there. There were several Cat. T's available, as well as a huge number of deck 9 cat 4a rooms.

We had booked a 7a. Cost to upgrade for the 4-night dream from a 7a to:

Cat 4a: $400
Cat 00V: $700
Cat OOT: $1100

I can't believe how nice concierge is. I have to tell you I would have never thought it could make this much difference in my experience.

On the dream right NOW (4 night Sept 1-5)! We were on the first cruise bus into port on sunday and were checked in by 10:10 am. I decided to check for an upgrade around 10:45 (not sure why it didn't cross my mind right away?).

Anyway, they had TONS of upgrades. We got the last Cat V. There were other V rooms that were taken before we got up there. There were several Cat. T's available, as well as a huge number of deck 9 cat 4a rooms.

We had booked a 7a. Cost to upgrade for the 4-night dream from a 7a to:

Cat 4a: $400
Cat 00V: $700
Cat OOT: $1100

I can't believe how nice concierge is. I have to tell you I would have never thought it could make this much difference in my experience.

This is good info, I went through all the posts and made myself a spreadsheet so I could figure out the cost from category to category per cruise length. We really were impressed when we upgraded to the 1-bedroom suite Cat OOT. The amenities and extra space were awesome.

So if the disney cruise website is stating all the OOT categories are booked is that accurate?? We are leaving Ina few weeks and are in cat 5b - was going to try to upgrade if possible . I appreciate your help .

We have 2 connecting rooms cat. 11A on our Fantasy cruise next month. Has anyone ever upgraded 2 rooms at the port? They don't have to be connecting, but at least nearby. A few years ago we were upgraded for free from 2 connecting 9C on the Magic to 2 connecting 7A. Would love if that happened again :)

We have done this previously. We didn't upgrade to concierge but we wanted connecting family verandah's and we were able to do it for a 4 night Dream. I'm sorry I don't remember cost. It will depend on how full your sailing is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter