Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

curious too! I have a cat V booked for April 2014 and would consider an upgrade at the right price!;)

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 6
(please make sure you put the catagory you paid for and not the catagory you were assigned. For *GT reservations please put whether it was IGT, OGT or VGT).
#2. Which Ship? Fantasy
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#4. Month/Year of Sailing March/2013
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:00
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:50
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? V
#8. How much was the upgrade? 1,150

Bump for further info. We're on the Fantasy for 7nights in August in a 4C, looking for a T or V upgrade

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 4A
#2. Which Ship? Fantasy Eastern
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#4. Month/Year of Sailing? July 2012
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:00
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:50
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade?
Cat V
Cat T
Cat R
#8. How much was the upgrade?
Cat V - $750
Cat T - $1295
Cat R - $2975

We took the royal. Incredible. Would do it again in a second.

This thread will be similar to the one that is tracking *GT assignment. The hope is that once we build some history people might have a better idea of what they will pay if they seek a port upgrade.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 8B
(please make sure you put the catagory you paid for and not the catagory you were assigned. For *GT reservations please put whether it was IGT, OGT or VGT).
#2. Which Ship? Fantasy Eastern
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#4. Month/Year of Sailing Feb. 9-16, 2013
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:00 a.m.
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:30-10:45 a.m.
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? 5B. There were others, but they were $1,200+ and I can't remember what they were.
#8. How much was the upgrade? $490.

I don't think this was a great deal, because we booked our cruise as soon as the date was available, and we could have gotten a verandah for about the same amount. This sailing was full prior to sailing, so the prices had gone up ALOT. The reason upgrades became available at port is due to a bad snowstorm resulting in people not able to make the cruise. I had heard approx. 40 cabins, but don't know how accurate this was.

We are booked on the Dream 4 night Bahamian next May in a category V room. We are really thinking of a cat T :) I think we will just think it over & if we decide yeah we would pay for the upgrade then we will just go ahead and book it. I know it will be more money but I would be too nervous to wait!!!

I just saw some pics of the Deluxe Family oceanview with the lounge folded out for sleeping and it is SQUISHY!!!! That has pretty much sealed it for us I think.

Good luck on getting the upgrade you're all looking for.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 4 D
#2. Which Ship? Fantasy
#3. Number of Nights?7 nights
#4. Month/Year of SailingApril 2013
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment?11:00am
#6. What time did you check-in? 11:15 or so didn't check on upgrade until we had been checked in for about 15 or 20 minutes
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade?Category T
#8. How much was the upgrade?$1,500

Really thought it was too late to upgrade but went to ask anyway. Our cruise was showing conceirge being sold out (as well as any other category higher than the 4 D) for months prior. We were put on a wait list for Conceirge and they called the week before the cruise and offered it to us for $5,500 and we declined. Thought the port would be a longshot.

If there is anything I left off please let me know. It would be great to get this info from anyone who has even attempted an upgrade regardless of whether you accepted or not. The more data the more prepared we will be when we attempt a port upgrade.:)[/QUOTE]

This thread will be similar to the one that is tracking *GT assignment. The hope is that once we build some history people might have a better idea of what they will pay if they seek a port upgrade.

#1. What catagory did you pay for?
#2. Which Ship?
#3. Number of Nights?
#4. Month/Year of Sailing
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment?
#6. What time did you check-in?
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade?
#8. How much was the upgrade?

If there is anything I left off please let me know. It would be great to get this info from anyone who has even attempted an upgrade regardless of whether you accepted or not. The more data the more prepared we will be when we attempt a port upgrade.:)

Bumping up. Please share recent upgrade info.
Thanks!

We just upgraded on the dream. 4 night. We were on a deluxe family verandah (is that what it's called?) and upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite for $1020. We got to the port around 10:40 and got the last one.

We just upgraded on the dream. 4 night. We were on a deluxe family verandah (is that what it's called?) and upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite for $1020. We got to the port around 10:40 and got the last one.

Thanks for the info! Did you arrive earlier than your assigned 'check-in' time? I'm trying to figure out if we arrive earlier if we can check-in and better our chances.?

Thanks for the info! Did you arrive earlier than your assigned 'check-in' time? I'm trying to figure out if we arrive earlier if we can check-in and better our chances.?

Yes. We were assigned 11 and got there about 10:40. We got the last suite so if I was doing it again I would get there more like 10:15.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 8b GTY
#2. Which Ship? Fantasy
#3. Number of Nights? 7. Eastern Caribbean
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. May 2013
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:30 am
#6. What time did you check-in? 11:00 am
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? 4a
#8. How much was the upgrade? $770

There were two 4a rooms available as the only options. From the notes the Supervisor had kept it looked like we got the rooms opened up by others who upgraded to higher categories ahead of us. We were unhappy with our GTY assignment so were happy to have the chance to upgrade. I don't feel it was an great cost savings vs booking this category from the start.

If there are rooms available on boarding day, are upgrades cheaper on boarding day? For example, if I am booked for an oceanview room and on boarding day we ask to see if there are Verandah rooms available, if their is still availability, is it cheaper to do it on boarding day as opposed to upgrading at home?

disneyfan888 said:
If there are rooms available on boarding day, are upgrades cheaper on boarding day? For example, if I am booked for an oceanview room and on boarding day we ask to see if there are Verandah rooms available, if their is still availability, is it cheaper to do it on boarding day as opposed to upgrading at home?

In my example, I was quoted $500 more for a 4D room when I booked and paid $770 more for a 4A at the port. I don't know what the cost of a 4A was when I booked.

1. What catagory did you pay for? V

2. Which Ship? Fantasy

3. Number of Nights? 7-nighter

4. Month/Year of Sailing: April 2013

5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:00am

6. What time did you check-in? 11:15(ish)am

7. What category were you offered? Cat T

8. How much was the upgrade? $700

Not certain this is the right thread but the posters here would be the best equipped to answer this question so I'll simply ask...Would Disney allow me to talk to someone at the Port about an upgrade outside my designated schedule? Since our reservation is VGT, I would only be interested in what I can do at the port itself as I understand that is the only option available as an upgrade to that type of reservation.

I am only Silver status on Disney (3rd cruise) and we booked late so my port arrival time is a fairly late 1pm time slot. Can I travel to the port early (by myself) to negotiate an upgraded cabin around 10:30 and then drive back to my hotel and pick up the family for our "regularly scheduled" 1pm port arrival time? Or do I have to have them there with me in order to negotiate a cabin? I would like to shoot for a 1 bedroom/concierge unit which would also (as I understand it) change the time we would be able to board. 50% of those rooms are still available here less than 12 days out.

I believe, you must check in, before you are able to upgrade.

Not certain this is the right thread but the posters here would be the best equipped to answer this question, would Disney "allow" me to talk to someone about an upgrade outside my designated schedule?

I am only Silver status on Disney (3rd cruise) and we booked late so my port arrival time is fairly late (1pm) for trying to work out a cabin upgrade. Can I travel to the port early (by myself) and have the ability to negotiate an upgraded cabin well before my designated registration time? Say 10:30 and then drive back to my hotel and pick up the family for our "regularly scheduled" 1pm port arrival time?

You have to check in before you can check on upgrades. DH tried going straight to the upgrade desk while I was checking in and was told we all had to check in first and then come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter