Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

I think tracking this info over time will give us a better idea of what we might anticipate when booking one of these bargain rooms...

OGT Disney Wonder for June 30th 7 night Alaska
assignment received 12 nights ahead of sailing
9B 2048
Happy
only one room booked
booked 31 days ahead of sailing.

btw made me sad to have to search so hard to find this thread. Hopefully other IGT,OGT, VGT sailors will add their info.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4e
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Haven't taken cruise yet but happy with extended verandah
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 6 weeks

I think tracking this info over time will give us a better idea of what we might anticipate when booking one of these bargain rooms...

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Dream

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) Cat 4b-#8626

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled!!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Around 23

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT on the Dream

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room #9012 did you get? 08A

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy with the room, a bad room on the ship is still a better than a great room on land!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 100

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Dream

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) Cat 4c-#7596

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? very happy

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 12

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Dream.

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4C/7148

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 23

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Dream

# 2 How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12

# 3. What category 4E room # 5526

# 4. Are you happy with your assignment? We are very happy. We would have stayed in a broom closet, we are going on this cruise to see our own Disney Princess live her dream!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 27

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT - Dream

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B - Forward/Starboard

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, we're on the ship. We got what we booked, "OGT", and we didn't get 9C or 9D (although, those were GTY when we booked, so good possibility we would not get those). Is it a "leftover", no, but not the best out there. It could have been better though based on what is still available. Even in the 9B's there are still some closer to mid-ship, but they do still have four 8A's, seven 8B, at least eight 8C, and six 8D that you could book right now (i.e. you can select them on DCL's website).

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 28

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, we are happy.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Booked two, they are connected

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? More than 2 months before.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever)? 5B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy overall -- got a plexiglass verandah (yay!), got a quiet location -- but would have preferred port side for this cruise
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 71

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Wonder 9-1-14
How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever)? 10B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy to sail Alaska!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 95

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT on the Magic (San Juan to Port Canaveral repositioning)

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9C, 2036

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Eh. Pretty mixed reviews from the two I've seen online. Both say it's pretty loud due to having the nightlife directly above which I don't necesserally mind since we'll probably be up there til it closes most nights (I'm traveling as part of a group of four people in our mid-20s). But there are still lots of 9As available for booking online and while I never expect a pixiedust: upgrade pixiedust: it would have been nice.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 66 days

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?~~ IGT Wonder September 12, 2014 Panama Canal

How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?~~ 14 ~~Cabin 6005

What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever)?~~ 11B

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?~~ I'm okay with the room because I booked an IGT and you take what you get but still a bit disappointed. This cabin is said to possibly be a noisy one (over the movie theater). This is our 16th cruise with DCL and was hoping for at least a cabin that does not have known possible issues. A little recognition of loyalty would have been appreciated

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?~~ N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book?~~105

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT on the Wonder Panama Canal Sept 12, 2014

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11B room 6601

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy. Since we are in an inside room, I hoped that we would be somewhat close to secret deck 7. This is pretty close :yay:

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 100

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter