• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream November 7th
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E 5662 & 5652
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Idk, last time we cruised we were in same location just on deck 10, and have no other experiences so we are not sure what to expect. The reviews say these rooms have oversized verandas, but I m concerned about the view because of the life boats.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 57 days

We got assigned a 4E for our Dream cruise last summer. DH and I are sooooo spoiled now. We loved it!! Got VGT booked for Nov on Fantasy. Can Pixie Dust strike twice? lol. Enjoy your cruise!!!

They pulled the *GT rooms off the available room list for 11/16 Fantasy sailing... hope that means assignments are coming soon!

I noticed the Royal Concierge Suite suddenly became available, too... we could dream, right? :)

The waiting is a fun new twist for me.. Ive booked guarantees on other cruise lines in the past, but have always received assignments almost immediately and well in advance of the cruise date. This certainly amps up the pre-cruise excitement!

Nov 16th Fantasy......... come on we need some assignments! The waiting is so hard but does make it fun!

Just wondering how other people are checking to see if their rooms have been assigned...?

I have just been logging into my reservation on the Disney site and clicking on "Reservation Summary" to see if my room is still listed as a guarantee or has a room #. I assume this would change as soon as the room is assigned.

Hoping we see some assignments this afternoon! pirate:

Still waiting for the Nov 15th Magic. Will be curious to see when it happens, it may be late with how they closed a the sailing with a lot of rooms open. My guess is they are waiting till last minute to see which rooms are brought up to DCL standards before assigning.

Cgolf

That's exactly what I am doing. My hope is that we'll find out tomorrow for our cruise on the 16th. Maybe that's just wishfull thinking!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder November 16th
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A, 7544
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy :)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 70 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder November 16th
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B 7596
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy. Read its near laundry room but most say no noise issues.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes. 4 other staterooms with family and we're all right next to each other. (7594/7596/7598/7600/7602). Funny thing is the family of 5 that booked 2 VGTs (linked reservations) did not get assigned to what looks to be the connecting staterooms (7600-7602). They got 7594 and 7600.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 62 days

I'm still waiting for room assignment on the Magic's November 15 sailing. I booked VGT and am really curious as to what I will get.

Disney just told me they would be asigning rooms 5 - 7 days prior to Magic's November 15/13 sailing.

Disney just told me they would be asigning rooms 5 - 7 days prior to Magic's November 15/13 sailing.

Wow... hard to wait that long!! Ive been waiting on the 11/16 Fantasy assignments, but I almost booked the 11/15 Magic... wonder if the delay on your sailing is Magic-specific because of the renovations or whether DCL is overloaded right now in general...

Anyone else contacted DCL about assignments?

This is my first time doing a VGT.....will not do it again. I'm not crazy about the wait. lol

Finally an assignment...!!!:cheer2:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Fantasy Eastern 11/16/13
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 (around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Cat. 4B, Room 8632
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled!! Got a bigger room than the standard verandah and saved a bundle with the VGT rate. pixiedust:
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 70ish
#7. Castaway Club member level? N/A (new to DCL)

It is what it is, but still sucks. Let's just hope that the delay is so that we all get rooms in good condition, at least we should have our room assignments by the weekend:)

Cgolf

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Fantasy Eastern 11/16/13
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 (around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Cat. 4E, Room 5032
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super happy! I always wanted to have an oversized verandah! We are travelling with another family and we'll all be able to fit and enjoy the verandah, since they have an inside stateroom.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 50.
#7. Castaway Club member level? silver (this is our 5th cruise)

Sorry. Somehow my IPAD is refusing to cut and paste format

Booked VGT Fantasy 16/11/13
Allocated room 7620
Date allocated 11 days late afternoon
Very happy - midship Cat 4C :yay:
Booked 40 days out
Castaway Silver - third cruise (Wonder, Dream)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter