Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Hoping the 10/27 rooms are released today. I just went to DCL's site to see what's still available and it says the cruise date is sold out. Hope that means they are assigning the rooms (there were a lot of unassigned rooms showing up yesterday).

10/20 has been that way for a while now, but have any of you on that cruise gotten an assignment yet for XGT? :confused3

driving me insane that 10/27 hasnt been assigned yet, I am waiting for 11/1!!

It could go as late as check-in to find out what room we get. That's the thing with booking this way. Good thing we're just doing carry-on bags this trip. If we don't have a room, we won't be checking any bags at the port. They will all come on with us.

It could go as late as check-in to find out what room we get. That's the thing with booking this way. Good thing we're just doing carry-on bags this trip. If we don't have a room, we won't be checking any bags at the port. They will all come on with us.

I did NOT even think of that!! eeek. We have played this game before - and our room was assigned 14 or 15 days out. Was hoping it would be the same this time

I did NOT even think of that!! eeek. We have played this game before - and our room was assigned 14 or 15 days out. Was hoping it would be the same this time

We got ours at 12 days out last time. We're at 10 now, so hoping soon.

Just surprised we haven't heard anything from the people that are on the 10/20 or 10/25 sailings. They may just not be DISers.

I thinking/hoping by next Tuesday.

Hoping the 10/27 rooms are released today. I just went to DCL's site to see what's still available and it says the cruise date is sold out. Hope that means they are assigning the rooms (there were a lot of unassigned rooms showing up yesterday).

10/20 has been that way for a while now, but have any of you on that cruise gotten an assignment yet for XGT? :confused3

they have pulled the 10/25 and 10/27 Magic sailings from the computer not because they are full but because they are trying to rebook people from the 10/20 cancelled cruise. I'll bet it will be a few days until you receive your rooms.

neg

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Fantasy.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E - 5164.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy - have extended veranda - think it will be nice.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 45 days.

they have pulled the 10/25 and 10/27 Magic sailings from the computer not because they are full but because they are trying to rebook people from the 10/20 cancelled cruise. I'll bet it will be a few days until you receive your rooms.

neg

I thought 10/25 was pulled last week (or earlier), but I saw that they are trying to accommodate the 10/20 people on the 10/27, hence the pulling of that cruise.

I don't expect to get our room assignment until maybe next Tuesday as DCL will still be working through getting the 10/20 people situated.

1.VGT Fantasy
2. 10 days before cruise
3. 4c 7644
4. Thrilled!
5. Adjoining :thumbsup2
6. 43 days out

This thread is great:cheer2:

VGT, magic nov 1
14 days out
6122 5c
Very happy to be aft by the stairs. Feeling eh that it is connecting ...
Booked around day 65

JennLK said:
VGT, magic nov 1
14 days out
6122 5c
Very happy to be aft by the stairs. Feeling eh that it is connecting ...
Booked around day 65

I am so jealous of you. I am sailing 10/31 on the Dream and no assignment yet :(

We are OGT on Wonder for 11/2. Still waiting for our cabin and hoping its not the smaller portholes. Will have to wait and see. One thing this thread (which I just found) did not include was Castaway Club (what level) of membership is everyone - we were told this comes into play with cabin assignments. Wonder if it really does? We are Gold.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Fantasy.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4C-7634
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, my parents reservation was linked to ours and they got 7636 connecting to ours
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 30.

We are OGT on Wonder for 11/2. Still waiting for our cabin and hoping its not the smaller portholes. Will have to wait and see. One thing this thread (which I just found) did not include was Castaway Club (what level) of membership is everyone - we were told this comes into play with cabin assignments. Wonder if it really does? We are Gold.

It would be interesting to know if Castaway Club level comes into play, but I don't think there is anyway to find out. Based on our experience, 10 plus cruises, 4 of which have been *GT, I don't think it does.

On our current reservation (Fantasy 10/26 next week, see post above), we booked VGT and got 4C, which I think is very good (Family ocean view with verandah). We are platinum. My parents booked the same (they are silver) and was linked to ours. They got same category, 4C, connecting to ours. I was thinking maybe we were assigned a larger cabin because we are a family of 4, but then again my parents are only 2 and got the same thing. Maybe because we are platinum, but then again they are silver. Maybe they got the larger cabin because they are linked to ours? Who knows, maybe it's all random.

Two cruises ago, being platinum, we reserved OGT in the Wonder and got deck 1 with the two little portholes, which we really hated. So being platinum or being a family of 4 didn't make a difference for that one.

Thee may be more things that come into play here, like how full the cruise is, what cabins are available, etc. it's hard to know.

-Gabe

We have only ever done one *GT rate (IGT) and got assigned an 11C. At the time BF and I were both Silver - his fifth and my third cruise. Even with GTY rates (other than his very first cruise) we have never been upgraded out of the "number" category we booked (have had C to A twice and D to C once). We are now both Gold. Personally I think the less cruises you have booked or have done the more likely you area to be upgraded, lol. Once you hit Gold they know you will come back.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Fantasy

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days.

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A #10556

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? A little worried about foot traffic above and was secretly hoping for an upper bunk for my 6 year old who asked for it but happy ;)

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 50.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Fantasy through Costco ($2763 + free $190 costco cash card = $2573)

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days.

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4B #8612

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy, looks like a great room and bigger than standard verandah oceanview room

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 17 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E #5158
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? na
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter