Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

I have been following this post and find it very interesting.
I have gone on quite a few Disney cruises but have always booked when they first opened up.
I have my first Cruise out of Galveston On May 26th of next year and since we are driving to port it may be a good time to try to get a IGT,OGTmor VGT.
My questions are; Do most cruisings offer these, except I am sure very popular Holiday weeks? Is the price really that much less ? and When they post these guarantees do you book them right away or do they even get lower if you wait till closer to the Cruise date, or does the guar rate just stay the same. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.:cloud9:

Hi there! I don't think all cruisings offer these rates but when they do the cabins are much less. When I went in January...comparing prices...I pretty much got 2 rooms for the price of 1...it was a great VGT rate & I'm so happy that I decided to book. I didn't realize it until later how great a deal it actually was! I don't think the VGT rates change...I think they stay the same :) HTH

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Wonder - 9/16 Pixar cruise
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B (?) - #7600
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 37 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Wonder 9/16 Pacific Coast
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05B (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah), Room 7020
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy - the room location looks great. It is close to the elevators which is really good for us because my mom walks with a cane. But I wish I could find out more about the room - still looking for reviews. So far I saw one that said it was quiet. We've never had a verandah before on DCL and I want to know if it is a whitewall or plexiglass.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 44

Your room looks great. Our last cruise we were one floor below and loved the location. It is not a whitewall.

I have been following this post and find it very interesting.
I have gone on quite a few Disney cruises but have always booked when they first opened up.
I have my first Cruise out of Galveston On May 26th of next year and since we are driving to port it may be a good time to try to get a IGT,OGTmor VGT.
My questions are; Do most cruisings offer these, except I am sure very popular Holiday weeks? Is the price really that much less ? and When they post these guarantees do you book them right away or do they even get lower if you wait till closer to the Cruise date, or does the guar rate just stay the same. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.:cloud9:

The only cruises that these rates are offerred are ones that have alot of open rooms that DCL needs to fill. THe prices depend on the cruise. I booked my last weeks cruise on day one. They released IGT/OGT/VGT rates after PIF, and my first day rate was still cheaper then that, plus I had an OBC and picked my room. Now, the cruise I am going on next week, we booked an IGT, and I am pretty sure that rate was cheaper then the day one, but I am not 100% sure since I never looked back then. The rates are much cheaper then the current rates.

Once they do a rate for the restricted gty's it stays that rate. And you never know when they will stop offerring it too.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT, Disney Fantasy, September 15th
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05A (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am very happy! We basically saved $1500 by booking OGT.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 30-40

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
OGT, Disney Fantasy, September 15th

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
05D (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah)

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Happy for the upgrade

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
NO! One was assigned as the last room all the way aft and the other almost all the way forward. That part was a big disappointment. DCL could have cared less too. :/

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 15

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Fantasy, September 15
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 04C (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! We saved $1300 and got a middle deck, mid-ship cabin. Couldn't have asked for better.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 64

Brooklyn said:
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
NO! One was assigned as the last room all the way aft and the other almost all the way forward. That part was a big disappointment. DCL could have cared less too. :/

Sorry you were disappointed.

If you don't mind, do you mind sharing the details of your party? Is your party separate families or a single family split across decks? (Are you all at least on the same deck?)

I ask because we are a family of five, booked in two separate rooms and really, really hoping to be in connecting rooms. Called DCL before booking and was told our reservations are linked and should be close, no guarantees of course, but connecting rooms are likely since DH is in one room with one DS and I'm in another room with other DS and DD.

Hope you enjoy the upgrade and have a great trip!

Sorry you were disappointed.

If you don't mind, do you mind sharing the details of your party? Is your party separate families or a single family split across decks? (Are you all at least on the same deck?)

I ask because we are a family of five, booked in two separate rooms and really, really hoping to be in connecting rooms. Called DCL before booking and was told our reservations are linked and should be close, no guarantees of course, but connecting rooms are likely since DH is in one room with one DS and I'm in another room with other DS and DD.

Hope you enjoy the upgrade and have a great trip!

We are on the same deck. Our family make up is....Room #1: Upgraded room all the way forward is me, dh, dd's x 2. The 2nd room is my mom by herself ( another slap in the face since now DCL charges a full 200% for a single person traveling alone, but that is another story :) ) and that one is the furthest aft as possible. We are linked together. This is the worst space assignment we have ever received. There were the same room type right above and right below the room we were assigned (we are on deck 6 and there were rooms on both deck 5 & 7 right above and below) but DCL would not switch the room. It is the chance that we took booking the GTY rates, I know that. Honestly it is not the end of the world for us but it is disappionting. For your family however something like this would not be good at all. Maybe they thought we wanted to be away from my mom! lol :rotfl2: JK Good luck! Hoping that you get connecting rooms!!

We are on the same deck. Our family make up is....Room #1: Upgraded room all the way forward is me, dh, dd's x 2. The 2nd room is my mom by herself ( another slap in the face since now DCL charges a full 200% for a single person traveling alone, but that is another story :) ) and that one is the furthest aft as possible. We are linked together. This is the worst space assignment we have ever received. There were the same room type right above and right below the room we were assigned (we are on deck 6 and there were rooms on both deck 5 & 7 right above and below) but DCL would not switch the room. It is the chance that we took booking the GTY rates, I know that. Honestly it is not the end of the world for us but it is disappionting. For your family however something like this would not be good at all. Maybe they thought we wanted to be away from my mom! lol :rotfl2: JK Good luck! Hoping that you get connecting rooms!!

We booked VGT rooms and put my oldest in with my mom as it was cheaper overall. Of course, we have 3 kids so that may be part of it, but Look into that next time.

We're on the Fantasy 9/22 and waiting to hear!

We're on the 9/23 Wonder and I thought I was going to be patient, but throw that out the window....I am already getting impatient...I doubt they give assignments out over the weekend but I will be checking:surfweb: And for sure I will be checking hourly on Monday.

We're on the 9/23 Wonder and I thought I was going to be patient, but throw that out the window....I am already getting impatient...I doubt they give assignments out over the weekend but I will be checking:surfweb: And for sure I will be checking hourly on Monday.

We're going 10/11 and I already check daily!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT 9C, Magic, November 3
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 57
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B Cabin: 207X (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy, its a mid-ship cabin and I am glad it's not in front of a laundry room or elevator.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 63

sunnyw said:
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT 9C, Magic, November 3
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 57
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B Cabin: 207X (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy, its a mid-ship cabin and I am glad it's not in front of a laundry room or elevator.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 63

Sounds like you booked a 9C GTY? The OGT has no category designation. It's just OGT.

Congrats on your upgrade from 9C to 9B! :)

Meganyvemarie said:
Has anyone else booked IGT on any of the Wonder Pixar Cruises?

Yes! We're waiting for our room assignment for the 9/23 cruise. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ImDMous said:
Yes! We're waiting for our room assignment for the 9/23 cruise. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Good luck! Were on the one after you so we've got a while to wait yet!

Woo Hoo - finally my time to update:

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT, Wonder Sept 23rd Pacific Coast Cruise

2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?

3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
6634 - 7A Navigator's Verandah

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
I would have prefered a 5, but we wanted to try a Navigator's Verandah so this might be the perfect cruise for it. So I am not unhappy. I'm still very pleased with the price we paid for it.

5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
NA

6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 6 months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter