Let's turn around. Magic Kingdom is open till 1AM! 3/23 Some Final Thoughts

I can't really say that I know Cee Lo Green as anything other than "the guy who sings that "F" you song." I really don't know what else he does, so maybe this is more the exception to the type of music he performs, but it just struck me as funny that he was in Disney World singing a Christmas song.:eek: :rotfl2::lmao:

He was a member of the Goodie Mob. 'Cell therapy' was probably their most popular song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuWB9Nhoypw

then he was part of Gnarls Barkley... you have heard of 'Crazy' before I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzV9QExGFQs

He also does a lot of writing and producing.

Oh wow Cool to see the film stuff in Magic Kingdom. Dec 2 was the start of our non disney stuff for a while and we didn't see most of that. I love the photopass pics esp the one of your DW and DS together it's so cute! Sorry you missed the opening
It was interesting to see, but in all honesty, that weekend was probably a good time to be doing non-Disney things. :thumbsup2

Ever get that feeling of deja vu?
It's like deja vu all over again.

Not to mention the fact that Rope Drop is a Man Law. :rolleyes1
Indeed it is, but DW and I have both seen the MK Rope Drop before. Just a shame we missed out on it this time around.

Ever get that feeling of deja vu?
It's like deja vu all over again.

:sad1:

Sorry you missed the show. Still, if being 4 minutes late at the Magic Kingdom is the worst of your problems, life is pretty good.
Yeah, 4 minutes late wouldn't have bothered me if it wasn't the only chance we'd have to see the RD show. Oh well, we'll be back. I just hope they don't decide to get rid of RD at MK like they did the other parks.:sad2:

Interesting. I'd vote for them to leave the wreaths up all the time, so it would never be closing time at MK. :rolleyes1
I like that concept... no clocks, kind of like a family friendly Vegas. :lmao:

Know who does the best version of that song? The Muppets. :thumbsup2
I need to see that movie. I hope it is on DVD soon.

He was a member of the Goodie Mob. 'Cell therapy' was probably their most popular song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuWB9Nhoypw

then he was part of Gnarls Barkley... you have heard of 'Crazy' before I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzV9QExGFQs

He also does a lot of writing and producing.
I knew you'd have all the background info. I guess I did know he's a judge on the Voice, too. We don't watch it much, but I'd much rather watch that show than American Idol.:headache:

I'm familiar with Gnarls Barkley, but didn't realize that connection.

Awww that is some bad planning on someones part for the boats to do that at prime travel time!! Sorry you missed the rope drop!! :headache:

That is pretty cool about the wreaths on the clocks, it makes sense!

Awww that is some bad planning on someones part for the boats to do that at prime travel time!! Sorry you missed the rope drop!! :headache:
I couldn't believe they did it. I guess it's probably so big that it really needs to move during daylight hours, so I understand, but I was still disappointed.

That is pretty cool about the wreaths on the clocks, it makes sense!
Yeah... I have no idea if it is true or not though. I mean, I heard it from a Photopass photographer, so I don't know where they stand on the believability scale in relation to bus drivers.:confused3

An Infinitely Holly Jolly Christmas

We worked our way around the castle and back to Fantasyland to find that there was hardly anyone there.:woohoo:

DS wanted to ride the carousel. That’s good trip planning isn’t it?:confused3 Make the Carousel the first ride of the day when there are no lines? Well, that’s what we did.

6775404604_21e64cdfb2_z.jpg

After the carousel, it was my turn to take DS on Dumbo. After carefully studying the mechanics of how to make this elephant fly, we were on our way.

6921519495_025c7672ef_z.jpg

We had been walking by Astro Orbiter all week. I kind of wanted to take DS on it, but the line was always longer than I wanted to wait. I gave DW the tickets to get FP's for Peter Pan, and I headed off to Tomorrowland with DS. There was no line when we got there and soon, we were strapped into a rocket and being cleared for take off.

6775425742_04f47b7071_z.jpg

After our rocket landed, we headed back over to Fantasyland to meet DW for a ride with the real official teddy bear of Disney. Apparently, DW got some pictures of some construction walls while we were off in Tomorrowland.

6921520983_5eabcc6c91_z.jpg

6775405732_0c2f41fd2e_z.jpg

After we visited the hundred acre woods, we headed over for what may be our last ride ever on Snow White’s Scary Adventure. Then it was time to use our Peter Pan FP’s (although there was no need for them) followed by the happiest cruise that ever sailed, and finally a viewing of Mickey’s Philharmagic. We managed to get through everything in Fantasyland in just over an hour, and we actually took our time getting there on our way down Main Street.

DW asked if there was anything else I wanted to do. At this point, I still hadn’t ridden Splash Mountain, and we were planning to go back to our room after we left MK, so I figured this was a good time. We headed towards Frontierland, but had to stop when DS saw Duck along the sidewalk.

6921516965_f88100a041_z.jpg

We got to Splash, but the line for BTMRR was short, and I couldn’t resist. I hopped on for a quick ride there, then headed over to Splash. I quickly made my way through the non-existent line and I looked at the temperature on my phone as I waited for my log to pull up so I could climb in. 52 degrees.:scared1:

Of course, I was in the front row.:headache:

After a thorough drenching, we were going to make our way to the front of the park, but DW wanted to stop by the Christmas store first. DS was being impatient and tried to grab everything he could get his hands on. I decided I didn’t want to fight him so I took him outside. What better way to calm a restless toddler than take them to Sleepy Hollow for some sugar?:confused3

I grabbed a funnel cake and we sat on a bench and watched Scotty McCreery perform “Holly Jolly Christmas” in front of the castle. Now it was neat to see, but as we were walking around the MK all morning, we had heard this song approximately 37 times. I like that song, and I thought Scotty was doing a good job with it, but I had just about had my fill of it. As we were sitting there, they announced that they had enough shots and that would be Scotty’s last performance. He thanked the crowd and stepped off the stage. Then they played the recording back once more and turned the cameras to the crowd to get the rabid fan shots for the broadcast. It was kind of interesting to see, but I was almost sick of hearing that song. I have to admit though, it really gave me goose bumps and made me miss the park when I saw that performance as we were watching the Christmas parade on TV.

We slowly, reluctantly headed up Main Street. We stood by the exit deciding whether we wanted to leave or not. We decided we might try another visit with Mickey. DW went over to get FP while I took DS out of the stroller so we could ride the train while we waited for our FP time. DW came back and said there was someone who was practically perfect, and very lonely, waiting for someone to come visit with her.

6775406932_6470851495_z.jpg

We visited Mary and then rode the train around the MK, and it still wasn’t time for our FPs. We headed over the see Santa, but he was on a cookie break. The CM said he’d be back in about 5 minutes and if we stayed, we’d be third in line. Hard to turn that down, so we waited to see the big guy. DS was ok with the idea of meeting him, but he made it perfectly clear that he had no intention of sitting on his lap.

6775403088_7a7bf10604_z.jpg

By that time we could go see Mickey. We headed into the theater and learned that we made a mistake. We were under the understanding that you only needed 1 FP for the group to see characters, therefore, DW only got 1 FP. We went to go in and were told that only one of us was allowed to see Mickey with DS. DW started crying and told me to take him since she was the one who got the FP. I told her it was alright and she could take him. I turned around and left before I became “that guy” being rude to a CM who is just trying to do their job.

6921517981_d6bf814cb5_z.jpg

We met back up after they finished visiting Mickey and stood near the exit. We came to the sad realization, that we’d done all we wanted to accomplish at the MK and it was time to say goodbye to our favorite park. It was beginning to get crowded, so it really wasn’t a good park to be in anymore anyway, but it was still hard to leave. We took one last look down Main Street at the castle and then we turned towards the exit.:sad1:

We worked our way around the castle and back to Fantasyland to find that there was hardly anyone there.:woohoo:

That's a score! Seems like the boat incident didn't put you too far behind. :thumbsup2

DS wanted to ride the carousel. That’s good trip planning isn’t it?:confused3 Make the Carousel the first ride of the day when there are no lines? Well, that’s what we did.
Sometimes you have to appease the little ones. No sense fighting over what to ride first.

We got to Splash, but the line for BTMRR was short, and I couldn’t resist. I hopped on for a quick ride there, then headed over to Splash. I quickly made my way through the non-existent line and I looked at the temperature on my phone as I waited for my log to pull up so I could climb in. 52 degrees.:scared1:
Smart move!

But of course! :lmao:
Great picture!

By that time we could go see Mickey. We headed into the theater and learned that we made a mistake. We were under the understanding that you only needed 1 FP for the group to see characters, therefore, DW only got 1 FP. We went to go in and were told that only one of us was allowed to see Mickey with DS. DW started crying and told me to take him since she was the one who got the FP. I told her it was alright and she could take him. I turned around and left before I became “that guy” being rude to a CM who is just trying to do their job.

6921517981_d6bf814cb5_z.jpg
OK. Honestly, I didn't know that Mickey needed a FP. Is there a standby line as well?

We took one last look down Main Street at the castle and then we turned towards the exit.:sad1:
:sad1: :sad1:

mr-burns-excellent.jpg

It's sneaky good planning. You don't want to be stuck in a long line for a short boring ride later on.

We managed to get through everything in Fantasyland in just over an hour, and we actually took our time getting there on our way down Main Street.

Very good work!

I quickly made my way through the non-existent line and I looked at the temperature on my phone as I waited for my log to pull up so I could climb in. 52 degrees.:scared1:

If I was going to have an issue with the trip planning, it would be here.

That's when you pull the ol' "Oh, I dropped something" routine and let a couple of people pass you while you "look".

DS was being impatient and tried to grab everything he could get his hands on.

I can't imagine a toddler acting like this. Next you'll say he didn't even want to sit on Santa's lap. :sad2:

Now it was neat to see, but as we were walking around the MK all morning, we had heard this song approximately 37 times. I like that song, and I thought Scotty was doing a good job with it, but I had just about had my fill of it.

You could have climbed aboard IASW to get some relief. :rotfl2:

DS was ok with the idea of meeting him, but he made it perfectly clear that he had no intention of sitting on his lap.

You see?! Kids these days.

By that time we could go see Mickey. We headed into the theater and learned that we made a mistake. We were under the understanding that you only needed 1 FP for the group to see characters, therefore, DW only got 1 FP. We went to go in and were told that only one of us was allowed to see Mickey with DS. DW started crying and told me to take him since she was the one who got the FP. I told her it was alright and she could take him.

That's a shame. Good job taking one for the team. :thumbsup2

We met back up after they finished visiting Mickey and stood near the exit. We came to the sad realization, that we’d done all we wanted to accomplish at the MK and it was time to say goodbye to our favorite park.

:sad1:

That's a score! Seems like the boat incident didn't put you too far behind. :thumbsup2
It definitely didn't put us behind in the parks.:thumbsup2

Sometimes you have to appease the little ones. No sense fighting over what to ride first.
They win every time.:sad2:

Smart move!

But of course! :lmao:
:sad2:

Great picture!
::yes::

OK. Honestly, I didn't know that Mickey needed a FP. Is there a standby line as well?
There is a standby line, but I think it was 20 - 25 min. The FP was for like 30 min later and you really don't have any wait. It was a no-brainer to do it. The Mickey FP's don't count against your regular FP count anyway... you can stop and get a Mickey FP, then go straight to Space and get an FP there, so I would highly recommend using the FP to see Mickey. Just make sure that you get an FP for every ticketed individual who will be going in to see him.:headache:

It's the same system for the princesses too.

All good things must come to an end.:sad2:

Is this heaven? No, it's an empty Fantasyland.

DS wanted to ride the carousel. That’s good trip planning isn’t it?:confused3 Make the Carousel the first ride of the day when there are no lines?
No, good trip planning is listening to the one in charge. And the one that screams the loudest is usually in charge.

After the carousel, it was my turn to take DS on Dumbo. After carefully studying the mechanics of how to make this elephant fly, we were on our way.
You can run a 12 row John Deere Combine with GPS, but you had to study a lever that said "UP" and "DOWN"?

We had been walking by Astro Orbiter all week. I kind of wanted to take DS on it, but the line was always longer than I wanted to wait. I gave DW the tickets to get FP's for Peter Pan, and I headed off to Tomorrowland with DS. There was no line when we got there and soon, we were strapped into a rocket and being cleared for take off.
Awesome view from up there, isn't it? I love it at night!

After our rocket landed, we headed back over to Fantasyland to meet DW for a ride with the real official teddy bear of Disney.
You mean it's NOT Duffy?:confused3

We managed to get through everything in Fantasyland in just over an hour, and we actually took our time getting there on our way down Main Street.
:thumbsup2

I quickly made my way through the non-existent line and I looked at the temperature on my phone as I waited for my log to pull up so I could climb in. 52 degrees.:scared1:
It's above freezing and the water is still liquid. Bring it on.

We stood by the exit deciding whether we wanted to leave or not.
Let me help you with this one. NO.

DS was ok with the idea of meeting him, but he made it perfectly clear that he had no intention of sitting on his lap.
Been there. I think this year was the first that Evan would sit on Santa's lap. :sad2:

We came to the sad realization, that we’d done all we wanted to accomplish at the MK and it was time to say goodbye to our favorite park. It was beginning to get crowded, so it really wasn’t a good park to be in anymore anyway, but it was still hard to leave. We took one last look down Main Street at the castle and then we turned towards the exit.:sad1:[/COLOR]
NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

DW came back and said there was someone who was practically perfect, and very lonely, waiting for someone to come visit with her.

6775406932_6470851495_z.jpg

Your son looks really happy to meet Mary P!

That's a pretty good Santa, and a nice picture.

By that time we could go see Mickey. We headed into the theater and learned that we made a mistake. We were under the understanding that you only needed 1 FP for the group to see characters, therefore, DW only got 1 FP.

That's a dumb rule! :mad: Do they think you're going to each, separately, get your picture taken with Mickey? I would have made the same mistake you guys did. Well, good job holding it together and not getting written about in somebody else's TR as the guy who went ballistic in the Mickey line. :laughing:

It's sneaky good planning. You don't want to be stuck in a long line for a short boring ride later on.
We all know how long that line gets at around 10. :rolleyes1

Very good work!
:confused3 It required no effort on our part. We actually felt like state employees accomplishing something successful.

If I was going to have an issue with the trip planning, it would be here.
Well, thanks to them closing it on my solo night, this was really my only opportunity.

To be honest, it warmed up quickly that morning and I dried quickly as we were walking around the park in the sunlight.

That's when you pull the ol' "Oh, I dropped something" routine and let a couple of people pass you while you "look".
I could have, but there really weren't many people around to actually pass me. :lmao:

I can't imagine a toddler acting like this. Next you'll say he didn't even want to sit on Santa's lap. :sad2:
I know, he never wants to touch breakable things any other time.

You could have climbed aboard IASW to get some relief. :rotfl2:
We did... that was part of our Fantasyland rally.

You see?! Kids these days.
Hard to get what you want for Christmas that way.:rolleyes1

That's a shame. Good job taking one for the team. :thumbsup2
I wasn't very happy about it. It was best that I just stepped outside.

The absolute worst part about going to the Magic Kingdom. Eventually you have to leave.

Is this heaven? No, it's an empty Fantasyland.
I'll take that over Iowa any time.!:thumbsup2

No, good trip planning is listening to the one in charge. And the one that screams the loudest is usually in charge.
I guess I just need to learn to scream louder.

You can run a 12 row John Deere Combine with GPS, but you had to study a lever that said "UP" and "DOWN"?
Actually I think we were trying to figure out the seat belt. Those things are complicated.

Awesome view from up there, isn't it? I love it at night!
Yes, I haven't ridden Asto Orbiter in years... mostly because I don't want to stand in the line for it, but I'm glad we went. I really enjoyed it, and yes, the view is great!

You mean it's NOT Duffy?:confused3
:headache: No. No, it's not. And if you ever question that, just ask DW about it.

It's above freezing and the water is still liquid. Bring it on.
That's kind of how I felt about it. :confused3

Let me help you with this one. NO.
That was the unanimous vote. We just had to find something to do in the meantime.

Been there. I think this year was the first that Evan would sit on Santa's lap. :sad2:
I don't get it. Landon loves everybody. He isn't afraid of anyone who will pay attention to him. We go to basketball games and while DW is coaching cheerleading, he'll basically walk through the stands and play or sit with anyone willing to pay attention to him.

But will not sit on Santa's lap. :headache: :confused3

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!
The time had to come eventually. It's a shame.

Your son looks really happy to meet Mary P!
Yes, but she does tend to be very good with children.

That's a pretty good Santa, and a nice picture.
What do you mean that's a pretty good Santa? :rolleyes1

That's a dumb rule! :mad: Do they think you're going to each, separately, get your picture taken with Mickey? I would have made the same mistake you guys did. Well, good job holding it together and not getting written about in somebody else's TR as the guy who went ballistic in the Mickey line. :laughing:
It really makes no sense to me. I thought that since it is basically a "free" fast pass anyway and we all go in as 1 group, we would just need one fast pass. I was just a little bit ticked off, but I was as ticked off at myself as anything, because it wouldn't have cost us anything but about 5 seconds to just swipe the other card and get 2 of them.

How great that Fantasyland wasn't crowded! :thumbsup2 Y'all really got a lot done that morning.

The picture of you & DS on the Astro Orbiters cracked me up. DS looks so unsure of what's about to happen. Did he like the ride?

The pictures of DS (& y'all) with all the different characters are too cute! :goodvibes

So sad that y'all are leaving already! :sad1:

How great that Fantasyland wasn't crowded! :thumbsup2 Y'all really got a lot done that morning.
We did. I don't know if people didn't realize the park opened at 8 that day or maybe they just didn't want to get up early, but it was a great day to beat the crowds. It was definitely no so empty when we left.

The picture of you & DS on the Astro Orbiters cracked me up. DS looks so unsure of what's about to happen. Did he like the ride?
:lmao: He seemed to enjoy it. It's just a little bit faster than Dumbo though. :rotfl2:

The pictures of DS (& y'all) with all the different characters are too cute! :goodvibes
Thanks! We had a good time meeting them. Even if DS would just walk up to them on his own.

So sad that y'all are leaving already! :sad1:
It's a shame to be saying goodbye to the Magic Kingdom, but there's still more fun to be had.:thumbsup2

Now how did I miss this update
D’oh!

From horses to flying elephant to rockets...
You’re boy did some mighty traveling this day.

There has got to be a medal or a citation or something for pulling that off.
Bravo Sir…

What better way to calm a restless toddler than take them to Sleepy Hollow for some sugar? :confused3

Were you at home… this would be sarcasm.
Being at Disney with a restless toddler… this is just an act of survival.

I grabbed a funnel cake and we sat on a bench and watched Scotty McCreery perform “Holly Jolly Christmas” in front of the castle.

I could have done without that…

Now it was neat to see, but as we were walking around the MK all morning, we had heard this song approximately 37 times.

I certainly could have done without that!

Then they played the recording back once more and turned the cameras to the crowd to get the rabid fan shots for the broadcast.

Interesting how they go about putting shots like that together

…it really gave me goose bumps and made me miss the park when I saw that performance as we were watching the Christmas parade on TV.

A little like the way that reading and writing TRs effects most of us around here

There are several really great smiles in that picture.

We were under the understanding that you only needed 1 FP for the group to see characters, therefore, DW only got 1 FP.

They gave y’all grief about this? Really?
Why would it have really mattered?

We went to go in and were told that only one of us was allowed to see Mickey with DS.

Apparently they did… :sad2:

I turned around and left before I became “that guy” being rude to a CM who is just trying to do their job.

Nice application of restraint there.

It was beginning to get crowded, so it really wasn’t a good park to be in anymore anyway, but it was still hard to leave. We took one last look down Main Street at the castle and then we turned towards the exit. :sad1:

Poignant… but I’ve got my suspicions that y’all will be back… often… and likely sooner then you know right now.

Thats pretty great how much y'all were able to do despite part of the parade taping happening. Ugh hearing Scotty singing anything over & over again would drive me crazy! I didn't like him at all on AI.

That is really ridiculous that they didn't just let both of y'all in for the M&G with Mickey! What a shame, especially bringing your poor hormonal wife to tears! the picture did come out cute though, as was the one with Santa.

Man, I know I got soaked on Splash too, but thank goodness it wasn't that cold outside when I did!!!!

Was the standby line long for Mickey that day? Everytime I went it was really short like 5 minutes. They should have just let you in and been nice! Hello CM ever heard of Pixie Dust like? :goodvibes

Sad that you're leaving Magic Kingdom that is the worst feeling ever saying goodbye to Magic Kingdom :(

Now how did I miss this update
D’oh!
:confused3 Please don't ask me to try to explain your actions, or lack thereof. :lmao:

From horses to flying elephant to rockets...
You’re boy did some mighty traveling this day.
And a boat. Don't forget the boat.:rolleyes1

There has got to be a medal or a citation or something for pulling that off.
Bravo Sir…
Not really. It's pretty easy when you get there early and the lines are short.:lmao:

Were you at home… this would be sarcasm.
Being at Disney with a restless toddler… this is just an act of survival.
Ain't that the truth.

I could have done without that…

I certainly could have done without that!
I'm not a big Scotty McCreery fan, but I thought he did a pretty good job on that song. I enjoyed it once or twice. Then it started getting a bit stale. But it was nice to sit there on a bench watching the performance that we'd later get to see on TV.

It was sure more enjoyable than being packed in like sardines with the TV crowd in front of the stage and not being able to sit down for a few hours.:lmao::rotfl2:

Interesting how they go about putting shots like that together
Yeah. I guess what we finally see on TV is extremely heavily edited.

A little like the way that reading and writing TRs effects most of us around here

There are several really great smiles in that picture.

They gave y’all grief about this? Really?
Why would it have really mattered?

Apparently they did… :sad2:
:confused3 I was very disappointed by it. I really don't understand why you'd need more than one since you're all going together. We weren't going to take more of Mickey's time with 3 of us than we would have with 2 of us.:sad2:

Oh well, hopefully someone else will read this and benefit from our misfortune.

Nice application of restraint there.
:headache:

Poignant… but I’ve got my suspicions that y’all will be back… often… and likely sooner then you know right now.
Do you know something I don't know? :lmao::rotfl2:

Thats pretty great how much y'all were able to do despite part of the parade taping happening. Ugh hearing Scotty singing anything over & over again would drive me crazy! I didn't like him at all on AI.
I didn't even know he was on AI. :confused3:rotfl:
I didn't think he was too bad, but I'd definitely heard it enough that morning.

It kind of made me wonder how the "TV crowd" can actually stay excited and cheer so loudly for each performance. My feet would be sore from standing in one place and I'd be over the whole yelling and cheering thing by about the second time through the song. :rotfl2:

That is really ridiculous that they didn't just let both of y'all in for the M&G with Mickey! What a shame, especially bringing your poor hormonal wife to tears! the picture did come out cute though, as was the one with Santa.
Thanks. It didnt' make much sense that we couldn't both go in. I even asked if I could go and just take a picture with our camera and they wouldn't let me. :headache:

Man, I know I got soaked on Splash too, but thank goodness it wasn't that cold outside when I did!!!!
It was cold, but really the air was still and the sun was bright, so it really didn't feel that cold... except in the shade.:scared1:

Was the standby line long for Mickey that day? Everytime I went it was really short like 5 minutes. They should have just let you in and been nice! Hello CM ever heard of Pixie Dust like? :goodvibes
I think the standby line was something like 20 - 25 min and the FP return was about that same time frame. It really made more sense to just get the FP.

I was really disappointed that she wouldn't just let us both in... I guess we know now.

Sad that you're leaving Magic Kingdom that is the worst feeling ever saying goodbye to Magic Kingdom :(
It is. Magic Kingdom is definitely my favorite park.:sad1:

Where in the World Should we Eat?

It was about 11:45 when we were leaving the MK and my clothes had actually dried out from my ride on Splash, so we were trying to decide what to do for lunch. Our CM friend was working, but her older brothers had just gotten into town the night before, so we called them to see what they were doing. They said they had just finished having a few drinks on the beach at the Poly, and were already headed off-property for lunch. We made sure they were still planning to meet up with us that evening and told them we’d see them later.

I asked DW what she wanted for lunch, because I wasn’t too hungry yet, and she jokingly said the nachos from the QS at Mexico sound good. I thought it sounded like a good plan to me and DS wasn’t quite ready for a nap anyway, so we got on the monorail and headed over to EPCOT. We hadn’t had a chance to take a monorail over there yet this trip, and it isn’t a Disney vacation if you don’t ride the monorail through Future World. I might need to post this over in the DIS Dad’s Club, because that should definitely be a MAN LAW.:thumbsup2

I think DW might have taken this one from the monorail.:confused3 I just threw it in here, because this post is a little light on photographic evidence of anything that happened.
6921522349_91c20a9cd9_z.jpg

We arrived in EPCOT and started walking towards Mexico. I checked wait times and told DW I’d get her situated with lunch and then I was going to head over the Test Track Single Rider line :idea:.

I waited in the line for maybe 10 minutes and was getting close to the front of the single rider line. Peter Pan was the CM who was sending people from the regular and single rider lines. A family of 4 that didn’t speak any English was next in the standby line and he sent 2 of them to row 1 and 2 of them to row 2. He then assigned 1 single rider to row 1 and 1 single rider to row 2. When this family headed that way, it was clear that they had no idea where they were supposed to go. He assigned all of the rows twice and then when he was back to Row 1, I was the next single rider in line. He assigned a group of 3 to row 1, and assigned a dad and son to row 2. I was to be the single rider with them. Somehow, this family is still up there trying to figure out where they are going. They let the group of 3 that was just assigned to row 1 go in front of them and waited for the next load with 3 of them in row 1 and one of them in row 2 with the dad and son. I’m thinking somewhere along the line a car left with a few empty seats.:confused3

Anyway, somehow, this left me the odd man out. I found a CM and told her what happened. She told me I’d have to go back to the line to be reassigned. I went back to Peter Pan and told him what happened. He proceeded to go on a rant about single riders always screwing everything up.:headache:

WHA???:confused3:mad: Wait a minute… this single rider went exactly where you told him. Maybe if you’d have made sure that the family that clearly didn’t understand what you were telling them would have gone where they were supposed to, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.:sad2:

I’m sure my face was as red as his hair. I was having a hard time biting my lip. I have never been treated by a CM the way he was treating me, and for the second time in one day, I found myself having to exercise restraint to keep from being "that park guest.":sad2:

The reason I call him Peter Pan is because this guy had red hair and just looked exactly like a Peter Pan. That, and it makes me feel a little bit better. Anyway, all they’d have to do is put green tights on him and stick him in Fantasyland. Then again, with his attitude, I’d be rooting for Captain Hook.:rolleyes1

He finally stepped down off of his high horse and sent me to another row. I got to ride Test Track. It was pretty uneventful after the loading fiasco, but that experience really ruined the fun for me. I just wasn’t into the ride at all.

I headed back to Mexico, where DW and DS were just finishing lunch. DS was starting to look like he might be about ready for a nap, so we decided we’d brave the bus system so that we could go directly back to Wilderness Lodge.

Once we were back at the room, DS and DW were quickly asleep. I did a little bit of packing and took a stroller load of things we wouldn’t need anymore out to the truck. I’m sure I looked like a hobo going through the lobby, but those strollers do come in handy for more than one purpose.

I grabbed a cheeseburger at Roaring Forks and then headed back to the room and downloaded pictures onto the laptop. DS woke up while I was doing this and got out of bed and started playing. I really wasn’t paying attention to what he was doing, but I could hear him talking. I eventually started to notice that he was saying the same thing over and over. I looked over at him and he picked the phone up and said “Hello. Mommy. Daddy. Landon. Bye bye.” He then hung up the phone, walked about 5 feet away, turned around and did the same thing again. Talk about easily entertained. Unfortunately for him, I decided it might be in our best interests to move the phone out of his reach.

DW woke up a short while later and it was about time to get ready to head out for the evening. Our CM friend should be getting off work soon and it was almost time to meet up with her and her brothers for a fun evening together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter