Let's talk YOAMD - Canadian Style

mtmbyck

I AM Canadian eh!
I know this is on another thread, but I wanted to read about Canadian's dreams coming true. Tell us what you won, how it happened, where you were and what you were wearing (helpful hints for all of us dreamers on our way there!!). I mean is it just me, or is anyone else focusing their entire 2007 visit on a dream that they might get picked to stay in the castle overnight!! Pretty sad - but when you've been 30+ times it would be something neat and new to try!! I wonder if they'll sell out the room like a hotel room after the YOAMD?? Anyways, share your experiences and any helpful hints that might have caused the "dream team" to pick you.

We won Dream Fast Passes at Epcot in December. We were walking past Innoventions on our way to Soarin' (for the fourth time) and a cast member told us that it would be faster to walk through Innoventions instead of around. We were't in any rush but we thought we'd go that way anyway. When we got in the door there were a few Dream Maker Cast Members telling us that we should try the Fire game (I can't remember the name, but it's the one where you are inside a house and you have to identify all the fire hazards). We recognized that the cast members were the Dream Makers so we went in. Just before the game started it was announced that we won and everyone in the game got a Dream Fast Pass.

Watch for the people in a blue, denim looking button down shirt carrying a black bag (sort of looks like a lap top bag) over their shoulder. They are the ones that give out the prizes. You can stop and talk to them but they don't always give out stuff.

I also saw 2 cast members give a little girl and her family dream fast passes on the way out of the Haunted Mansion at MK for her birthday.

I have read on the DIS that the folks you describe are more for helping people out with info, maps and such. Supposedly it is the CM who are dressed like this but also wearing white vests are the the Dream Team CM who get electronic instructions to give out such and such at this location at that time.

That being said, we did have a magical moment, which seems to happen quite a bit right now and is at the discretion of the CM. My dd was chosen to "open" 1900 Park Fare for dinner (at 4:30). She was dressed as Cinderella, and a big announcement was made introducing the little princess. My dd then pulled on a big pink bow on the main double doors to the restaurant and behind them was Cinderella. Cindy welcomed her and they walked into the restaurant alone holding hands with the waitstaff all lined up and clapping as they walked by. Cindy seated us at the table and the rest of the diners were allowed in. My dd, 5, just loved it! She got an 8x10 magical moments certificate signed by all the Park Fare characters. :cloud9: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter