Let's Talk Turkey....

As one who believes $$$$ is always Disney's bottom line, I would guess the turkey legs weren't big sellers at DAK as they must be at the other parks.

I didn't even know they had them at AK so I'm guessing I'm not going to miss them. They do make more sense at the other parks, it might look like you are walking around eating the leg of one of the flamingos at AK.

Agreed with lovethatlink that they were priced out of sight a long time ago....and I got turned off completely with the last one I got waiting for MSEP years ago -- it was still raw. Had to wait in line ten mins. to buy to and another ten mins. to get it replaced. YUK.

When I was planning for our first trip in 2011. I kept seeing all this talk/photos of Turkey legs. I was desperate to try one....I was a little disappointed but my DS6 loved it :)

I think I would like them because I liked smoked meat, but I'm too image conscious to be seen eating one in public looking like Henry VIII, hunty!

Our last night in MK we rode Space Mountain after Wishes then were heading towards 7DMT to get one more ride in before closing. As we were walking, CM's were handing out free turkey legs (I think it was near the speedway?). We all passed but maybe a tip for anyone wanting a free late night snack at MK?

They had to stop selling them once the sunset safaris start, so likely just getting a jump on it.

For some reason turkey legs have never been appealing to us

Turkeys are diurnal. It would confuse the animals being trained to be out in the evenings if they could smell turkey.
You have got to stop messing with people!

Edit: or we need to add a Sarcasm emoticon!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter